| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fringe
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

appifanie wrote:
agreed. i only like the names fauxlivia and walternate, I don't actually want them around.
Disagreed. I want every character to be Redhead Olivia. Like instead of all those Observers, it'll be a bunch of redheaded hotness.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Anna Torv does look really good with red hair.

I liked Future!blonde!Olivia's hair, too. No ponytail!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't really like Fauxlivia's hair at all. It's the bangs.

Just caught up on the last 4 episodes. I really liked the finale because Peter's future hairline was pretty amazing.

However, I'm totally with Joanna on this. If Peter's gone, I can't watch this show. Why anybody would want to stab me in the heart like that...I just don't know.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

philadelphegan wrote:
appifanie wrote:
agreed. i only like the names fauxlivia and walternate, I don't actually want them around.
Disagreed. I want every character to be Redhead Olivia. Like instead of all those Observers, it'll be a bunch of redheaded hotness.

Keep it in your dreams twinnie!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:54 pm 

All my celebrity girl crushes are redheads. Even if it's not a crush, I just think they're adorable.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:03 pm 

DangerZone wrote:
All my celebrity girl crushes are redheads. Even if it's not a crush, I just think they're adorable.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:22 pm 

philadelphegan wrote:
DangerZone wrote:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Unfortunately, Mad Red Hair Envy is no longer available in print. However, if you send me $500 USD via Paypal, I can hook you up to my psychic newsletter. I guarantee you will think of red heads!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 pm 

there was totally an observer on the news this morning.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:26 pm 

spoiler info for next season - http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... ss_kristin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:23 pm 

am i the only one watching this season?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:30 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I am totally bummed out by this season so far. To the point where I don't know if I need to keep watching. Someone let me know when they get back to the main plot and it maybe gets good again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:38 pm 

I KNOW. it's pretty bad. i mean, i give credit where credit is due to anna torv for being able to make fauxlivia so unlike olivia, but she's so obnoxious and smug that i just want to punch her.

and a world without peter bishop? a WALTER without peter? PAINFUL! VERY PAINFUL!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

True, anna torv is doing an awesome job and she's managed to make each Olivia unique which is pretty impressive, but blaaah. Sometimes the stand alone eps are OK, but not so much so far. Peter needs to come back! I think they're going to lose people if they drag this out too long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I know, I also didn't even know whether I wanted to go on watching at all (even though I had saved a whole bag of Twizzlers over the summer just for watching Fringe) - but, but, but... Walter almost giving himself a lobotomy... that was seriously bad. Ugh. Also, Peter is still in the credits, so they'll have to find out something... I'm thinking sub-universe (of the mergend ones), whatever that means...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:56 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I think the monster-of-the-week format is mostly to introduce the post-Peter world, with easy access between realities and the touchy collaboration between sides.

I think the main arc will be coming back soon, though, in force-- this last episode had Olivia and Walter finally talking to each other about seeing Peter, and if both of them see him I don't think it'll be too long before they start looking more closely. I liked that this episode included an explicit description of the way things became when Peter stopped existing-- I suspect Walter has never seen the Observers now, too, so discovering them again should be interesting.

I'm willing to give it quite a while before giving up on it, and really, I'm enjoying the sort of short-form stuff for a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I initially quit watching Fringe after a few episodes because I thought Anna Torv was a terrible actress, but either I've just gotten used to her or she's really improved. I think she's doing an amazing job with the two Olivias.

I'm pretty ready for some Pacey back in my life, though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:08 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

solipsistnation wrote:
Yeah, I think the monster-of-the-week format is mostly to introduce the post-Peter world, with easy access between realities and the touchy collaboration between sides.

I agree! I've actually been surprised how much I've enjoyed this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 pm 
Nailed to the V

molly wrote:
I initially quit watching Fringe after a few episodes because I thought Anna Torv was a terrible actress, but either I've just gotten used to her or she's really improved. I think she's doing an amazing job with the two Olivias.

I'm pretty ready for some Pacey back in my life, though.

Hah! Same here! Started watching again and it all improved for me when there was finally a plot. I really can't stand fauxlivia she's so annoying, and I really miss Peter!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I hated the first episode, but these last two have been pretty good. I liked the serial killer/professor premise a lot, but I could have done without the cheesy ending. I wish it had been left more vague, though I suppose it was more of a tie in to Peter than to resolve the story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm 

Dudes! They brought back Dr. Jones (I just got caught up tonight)! I love the throwbacks and all the little variations that a world without Peter has to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yesss. I like seeing Jones, who is usually all Germanic and smug about everything, being thrown by Peter showing up and knowing who he is and what he's done AND saying "Oh yeah, that's when I totally killed you." That was fun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:30 pm 

does no one watch this show anymore?! i love it so much. yesterdays episode, the alts all hanging out, astrid and astrid... LOVED IT.

i feel like this show does sci fi/investigation so well compared to pretty much everything else airing right now, and it could do so much better if fox advertised and didn't shove it in the friday death slot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I tape it on Friday and don't get a chance to watch it until Monday. I did notice on various Fringe mailing lists that traffic has really slowed down this season and a lot of people - me included - really don't like this season/time line. Too confusing trying to remember who did what in which timeline which differs from *this* time line, etc. And now formerly good guys are bad guys, people long dead (cut in HALF!!) have returned - blecch. I had enough of that crepe when the X-Files kept bringing dead people back.

Many rumors are swirling around that this is the last season because FOX says it's too expensive to keep for such poor ratings, and the writers promise a big, exciting ending to the season, just in case it *is* the end. At this point, ending it now is with me. I really don't care what happens to the characters any more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 pm 

all the things you don't like are the things i like! i could live with this being the last season, but i'd prefer a true series finale to a season finale that happens to kind of wrap some stuff up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm 

I always watch it! I won't quit!

Two Astrids! Twice as great!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next