| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:25 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hello. I'm wearing a smell diary of my past week. I like green and have never eaten tater tots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm Becca, I was referred to this forum by a friend so I shall check some things out and take a look around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I was a member on the old boards for a short while, but ended up a full-time lurker. I'm sure nobody would remember me, since I don't even remember what name I used. I've been lurking here too, but figured I should actually try to participate. So I'm not at all new to PPK, but I am kind of new to being anything but a creepy lurker.

I don't really care for tater tots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I'm not good with snazzy introductions so I'm me, I'm excited to be a member of this forum, and I hope to make some new cyber friends! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! My name is Lenny. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada. I've been strictly vegetarian for almost four years, but I'm working my way toward being vegan.

I play bass in a rock n' roll band, love to ride my motorcycle, and live to race sailboats (when there's no ice on the lake of course).

Looking forward to being part of the community!

PS. Pro tater tot all the way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:22 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

i am ppker from a few years ago, when my username was wintermittts. and now i'm back! hey y'alllll

(formerly known as wintermitts)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Mabelstone wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm excited to finally be a part of PPK, and tater tots rock my world. And my name is Lyndsay.

Lyndsay! Hi!!! <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

hi again. I just jumped in with my own post. :)

no pets. does a toddler count?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm Joanna from Charlotte, NC. Found PPK through an old college friend on FB. Meatless for two weeks now after being a die-hard meatatarian for my whole life (as in: some kind of animal protein at almost every single meal. Yikes!) Looking forward to pillaging the forum and site for recipes and encouragement!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hi, I'm Samantha from Massachusetts. Started transitioning to a plant-based diet in July.

I love cooking and baking. Currently cooking mostly from the Veganomicon and Super Natural Everyday (such an amazing book, although not strictly vegan). I need to actually shell out some $$ for some baking books but have been relying on blogs for recipes :).

Tater tots are awesome, although I don't eat much starch other than my morning oatmeal! I used to love hushpuppies, but we don't really find them in the northeast.

Favorite color is cerulean blue. Best crayon ever. Other than that, any shade of purple!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I found you looking for a vegan cookbook review...I like to collect cookbooks...even since I'm vegan (7 years) I used recipes only for seitan and hummus! ;)

I'm from Italy and my English isn't so good, but I like this forum and I hope I will exchange ideas with you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Benvenuta! Anch'io sono europea.
:)

(Sorry, I haven't spoken Italian for ages ...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm hannah and i'm new even to the idea of being vegetarian.
I'm a vet student and always felt hypocritical to be able to euthanise animals and work at slaughter houses but then not eat meat so i just carried on eating. Weird logic maybe but whatever.
I have to admit i'm not totally veggie yet because i am living in slovakia, where veggie seems not to really exist yet, and would literally be bankrupt if i only bought veggie/vegan versions of things. However I'm just going to live off what's in my freezer and see if I can stretch the cents as far as possible. I don't like eggs and only ever used milk in tea and baking and I actually like soya milk (except the price here) so I guess i'll be vegan when i finally get rid of the meat and move back home to the UK.
I should probably stop talking now :D

Post subject: Gnoe waves from Utrecht (Netherlands)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi, I'm Gnoe and I live in Utrecht, Netherlands (Europe.. ;). I went ExtraVeganza in January 2011; I had been vegetarian for 20 years and it was 'just a personal 10-day project' learning to use less animal products... Well, once I'd made the switch there was of course no turning back! Can't understand how ignorant I was for so many years. :\
I guess there's still a lot to learn but now that a year has passed I feel more confident -- especially after I had such a great veganizing success with cranberry muffins earlier this month. :)

If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Oh and I envy American vegans for the existence of Daiya 'cheese'!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:45 pm 
Saggy Butt

Oh, yay, Gnoe! Hi!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hi everyone, i'm Grace - and i'm officially coming out of lurkerdom. I only joined a few weeks ago, but being a college drop-out with lots of spare time on my hands, I figured i'd try to involve myself more in the vegan community. I've been vegan for three years, but still working on being superamazinglyfabulous in the kitchen.

Saying that, i'm pretty psyched to be here - I have yet to meet a vegan in my town who isn't my mother's best friend. Glad to have finally braved the fear.

And I live in England, no tater-tots for us :(.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! My name is Raygan and I live in Japan. Super rural, access to nothing Japan. Am originally from western Canada, Victoria specifically, where vegan-friendly is definitely an understatement. My husband and I have been lazy while here (almost 2 years now) and went from being strictly vegan to Extremely Flexitarian. We blamed lack of ingredients. However, a friend turned me on to this website, and I have made, in the past 2 weeks, only one non PPk meal. I am an official addict. I have had to force myself to stop making those soft brownie cookies - and came home the other day to find my husband making a batch ! (A definite win, trust me - although not for the diet)

Dilly stew with dumplings, curry udon, beet burgers, edamame pesto, Mongolian mushroom hotpot, pesto gnocchi soup, sesame mac cheese... I have tried so many things I have forgotten what all I have made. Other than flax seeds, which are almost impossible to find (some were given to me as a gift, need to find a kind soul to ship me more!), the recipes are easy to follow, I can find the ingredients, and best of all are DELICIOUS. Have been raving about the site to my friends, who are now trying it as well.

I sound like a crazy person. Living in a village of 1500 on a remote mountain in Japan does that to a girl :) However, my gushing is to say, HI! Nice to 'meet' you all!
Cheers,
Ray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:40 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi Grace, it's great that you've decided to put more time in the vegan community. Please share those superamazinglyfabulous kitchen experiences with us! :)

And hello to Raygan too. Wow "living in a village of 1500 on a remote mountain in Japan" does somehow appeal to me.. :) It's great that you're back on the vegan track -- and you're definitely my senior when it comes to the amount of PPK recipes you've tried. The beet burgeres are next on my list though!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:41 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Bonnie wrote:
Oh, yay, Gnoe! Hi!

*CLONK*
Hi Bonnie! It took a while for that quarter to drop..! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

razzray wrote:
Hi! My name is Raygan and I live in Japan. Super rural, access to nothing Japan. Am originally from western Canada, Victoria specifically, where vegan-friendly is definitely an understatement. My husband and I have been lazy while here (almost 2 years now) and went from being strictly vegan to Extremely Flexitarian. We blamed lack of ingredients. However, a friend turned me on to this website, and I have made, in the past 2 weeks, only one non PPk meal. I am an official addict. I have had to force myself to stop making those soft brownie cookies - and came home the other day to find my husband making a batch ! (A definite win, trust me - although not for the diet)

Dilly stew with dumplings, curry udon, beet burgers, edamame pesto, Mongolian mushroom hotpot, pesto gnocchi soup, sesame mac cheese... I have tried so many things I have forgotten what all I have made. Other than flax seeds, which are almost impossible to find (some were given to me as a gift, need to find a kind soul to ship me more!), the recipes are easy to follow, I can find the ingredients, and best of all are DELICIOUS. Have been raving about the site to my friends, who are now trying it as well.

I sound like a crazy person. Living in a village of 1500 on a remote mountain in Japan does that to a girl :) However, my gushing is to say, HI! Nice to 'meet' you all!
Cheers,
Ray

I <3 this post! Welcome Ray! This really puts my sister's whining that it's too hard for her to go vegan here (in Amsterdam) in perspective.

Gnoe wrote:
It took a while for that quarter to drop..! :)

Excellent Dunglish! (or Excellent! Dunglish!) Welcome Gnoe. It seems the Benelux vegan contingent is snowballing lately. :D

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

lepelaar wrote:
It seems the Benelux vegan contingent is snowballing lately. :D

Next stop: World domination! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

lepelaar wrote:
Welcome Gnoe. It seems the Benelux vegan contingent is snowballing lately. :D

YEAH! Don't you love it? :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! My name is Kashmir! I went veg about a month ago and a friend of mine threw this site my way on several occasions. I finally decided to go legit and register. My favorite color is purple, and let it be known: I am pro-tot and willing to die for that belief.

Now! Let's have some fun!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kashmirror wrote:
Hi! My name is Kashmir! I went veg about a month ago and a friend of mine threw this site my way on several occasions. I finally decided to go legit and register. My favorite color is purple, and let it be known: I am pro-tot and willing to die for that belief.

yayyyy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
Tofu Pup

creep wrote:
kashmirror wrote:

yayyyy

^
dat's mah frand!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 67  Next