| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

jewbacca wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
I'm rewatching and think it's very 80s that the guys with the Philly accents are the bad guys.

Did you notice that one of the guys played Rene on True Blood?
I like BadAss Rick (needs a trademark)

Re Shane: people in the zombie apocalypse go crazy, then shave their heads.

I think the girl who fainted got scratched by a zombie and is gonna die and reemerge wanting to nom some people.

Lori is mega dum. DUM.

Sophia's mom and the redneck are gonna hook up. I can feel it.

As soon as he came on, I shouted "RENE!" That guy needs to play someone nice soon. He scares me.

I have a question: have they ever taken a stance on this show about how you get infected? I know if a zombie bites you, you're done, but is that due an exchange of bodily fluids (blood)? Just wondering because people really are NOT careful when it comes to zombie fluids on this show. In other zombie movies, it just takes one drop of blood to infect you, but on WD they are practically bathing in the stuff without consequence. Seems really strange.

If Carol and Darryl hook-up, I will vom. It seemed more like she was about to pull an Andrea and grab Shane's junk in that one scene...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:52 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I think they're getting around specifying so they can get around to a big reveal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

bekki wrote:
So is anyone still on Team Shane? Because I think Rick is about to put him in his place!

Team Daryl.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Okay, I can see Team Daryl. I hope he continues to be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:06 pm 
ol' garly cooch

IsaChandra wrote:
bekki wrote:
So is anyone still on Team Shane? Because I think Rick is about to put him in his place!

Team Daryl.

I second that. He's hot, like with 5 t's hottttt. I don't care if he has some hillbilly sensibility because a) I can change him-(like in the best way possible) and b) one cannot be choosy during the zombie apocalypse.

I'm also all about some team Glen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've watched every single episode of this show and have no idea who you people are talking about. Why can't I remember anyone's name?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

jewbacca wrote:

Awwyeah.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 pm 

thisheregiraffe wrote:
jewbacca wrote:

Awwyeah.

YES.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

bekki wrote:

I still think he's awesome. Of course, it was refreshing to actually see Rick man up some too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 am 
Nailed to the V

I love both Glenn and Daryl...it too hard to choose.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
ol' garly cooch

How about a Glen n' Daryl sammich?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My favourite part about the episode was where Lori flipped the car and the producers or whatever didn't care enough to revisit that storyline for the rest of the episode. Like, the end panned back to the guys burning those corpses, but Lori? Nah, I think we're all satisfied with how that ended.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

Shane has got to go but I hate that Lori feed all that to Rick. Felt sorry for Glen, little sad puppy dog he is, with all these new emotions running through him. Daryl seems to be struggling in new emotional territory also.

And I'm still wondering if Merle shows up again this season, alive. The group they ran into in town seemed like his kinda people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

Erinnerung wrote:
My favourite part about the episode was where Lori flipped the car and the producers or whatever didn't care enough to revisit that storyline for the rest of the episode. Like, the end panned back to the guys burning those corpses, but Lori? Nah, I think we're all satisfied with how that ended.

HAhahaha. Exactly!!

I'm so annoyed with almost every female character in this whole show. Let me just push up my glasses and speak in a nerd voice for a second, but the graphic novel had a least a FEW female badasses. I hope some of the good characters are introduced soon. All the girls in the tv show are ridiculous. Maggie is pretty ok so far, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I don't even know where to begin. I loved every second of this episode. Finally an episode that kicked asparagus. I'm really disappointed that Lori is still alive and after her speech last night at the end of the episode to Rick, I think I'm going to celebrate the day she bites the dust.

There was so much action and internal struggles within each of the characters. Ugh, I actually found myself crying and cheering on the Daryl/Carol relationship. Good God that was heart wrenching to watch. The pain and guilt within Daryl...and the fact that Carol realizing that all those hateful things he was saying were coming from that place of pain so therefore she was NOT backing down was forking amazing. She stood her ground and let him lash out and purge all his feelings of guilt and helplessness. I just wanted her to go up to him and hug him. I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

OddCoupleEats wrote:
I have a question: have they ever taken a stance on this show about how you get infected? I know if a zombie bites you, you're done, but is that due an exchange of bodily fluids (blood)? Just wondering because people really are NOT careful when it comes to zombie fluids on this show. In other zombie movies, it just takes one drop of blood to infect you, but on WD they are practically bathing in the stuff without consequence. Seems really strange.

I think it's been somewhat addressed. They were freaking out at that walker in the well. So, I'm at least assuming bodily fluids plays a part. But I feel you on how they handle zombie corpses all willy nilly. I'd be looking for cuts and wearing goggles all freaking day.

I was really hoping Lori's accident meant an end to this baby story line. I freaking hate it so damn much. HATE.

I think Shane is a crasshole with absolutely no redeeming qualities at this point. Team Daryl and Team Glen all the way.

The best part about this season so far is that the living have turned on each other. The mood has totally changed and it's so dark. I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am 

I don't know why people get so anti-other-humans during zombie apocalypses. Like maybe it's really naive of me and would make me the first to die at the hands of other people, but I'd just constantly be thinking like it's war and we need more people on our side and then like...we'll have to repopulate the earth and I at least want some options.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 am 

Is Lori supposed to be pure evil or are we supposed to somehow be on her side? Because (I think I've said it before) she is the least likable character on any TV show ever. Worse than Michael on Melrose Place. I don't know, I couldn't think of any other unlikable characters.

I agree that Shane has lost credibility. I think that Lori manipulating Rick to kill him is a terrible idea.

As far as the Carol Darryl thing - well, first of all, their names rhyme, so that's forked up. But also, it may have been okay if I didn't keep remembering that her last relationship was physically abusive. Why does she need to take on Darryl's pain? I guess cause it's the zombie apocalypse but still.

I kind of think they should keep Glen's relationship cute and cuddly because we need a little happiness.

Also: Team Herschel!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
I don't know why people get so anti-other-humans during zombie apocalypses. Like maybe it's really naive of me and would make me the first to die at the hands of other people, but I'd just constantly be thinking like it's war and we need more people on our side and then like...we'll have to repopulate the earth and I at least want some options.

I would want to trust in people, but I definitely think with limited resources people start to play dirty. The fact that they saved the guy with the hurt leg definitely speaks volumes to Rick's character. Hell, the fact that they aren't wandering the area looking for camps to pillage says a lot about them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:21 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

IsaChandra wrote:

I was thinking this very thing while watching the episode. Team Herschel all the way! I loved it when he told Shane to shut his mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 pm 

elouise wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

I was thinking this very thing while watching the episode. Team Herschel all the way! I loved it when he told Shane to shut his mouth.

Yes. That's really the bottom line with Shane. Just STFU! Also, blondie is better than Lorrie any day of the week so count your blessings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Why hasn't anyone looked for roaming walkers in Dale's ample nostrils? Just sayin'. They are huge.

I kept singing "Kiss the Girl" anytime Carol and Daryl were in a shot. I love that Herschel is becoming a badass, but sad that he had an alcoholic relapse.

That guy that got impaled reminded me of Andrew Koenig, RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I'd be looking for cuts and wearing goggles all freaking day.

Yes! The windshield scene really bothered me. She had a huge gash in her head! Inches from the zombie she shot! Why hasn't she become a zombie yet, so Daryl can take off her head with a shovel?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:15 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

IsaChandra wrote:
As far as the Carol Darryl thing - well, first of all, their names rhyme, so that's forked up. But also, it may have been okay if I didn't keep remembering that her last relationship was physically abusive. Why does she need to take on Darryl's pain? I guess cause it's the zombie apocalypse but still.

Yep. The whole time Darryl was yelling at her, I just kept remembering how her husband abused her and it was very uncomfortable. I love Darryl, but I think they are trying to make him less likable these days. He's just so angry...

And the scene with Lori whispering in Rick's ear about Shane just about drove me insane. Arrrgh! I think Rick needs to give Shane the asparagus whooping of a lifetime and send him packing, but I really didn't want that to come as the result of Lori being a manipulative crasshole. So tired of the women on this show. Kara Thrace needs to swoop in and make everything okay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:41 am 

I think they finally addressed some of the things last night that I really want goddamn answered. So you know you can get the zombs by a cut? As evidenced by concluding those police were turned by cuts ...so you slice your hands open a bunch and then pull walkers on top of you? I've thought all along that walkerdom is unavoidable for everyone, that they all already have the virus and we just have to wait for them to die and they keep reinforcing that in my head.

And Lori and Andrea arguing about who contributes more to the group, fighting over freakin lemonade. Neither of you contribute shiitake. Andrea tries to, but she's a little off her rocker so she does so badly. And thus every female character is weak or crazy and ALL need protecting by guys, which they voice allllll the time. How aggravating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next