| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

rocklobster wrote:
I downloaded the books. I'm so embarrassed to admit it.

i started reading them and it was tough to get in and i got into them and then i just didn't care anymore.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
I downloaded the books. I'm so embarrassed to admit it.

i started reading them and it was tough to get in and i got into them and then i just didn't care anymore.

Rocklobster, don't be embarrassed! I own all 6 in print but I've only read 1-4. I want to re-read them before starting on 5 & 6 but I just can be bothered, I feel like appi does about them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I liked the first two stories she wrote, because I loved Damon's character. I lost interest after what happened at the end of the second book and I couldn't even finish reading the third story.

Tonight ep was amazing! Somehow they keep getting ever better! The next ep looks great too, but it won't air until Dec 2 and there will only be two more eps before we get our several month hiatus. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Elijah has amazing powers. I actually felt bad for Katherine and I cried when she looked at the picture

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:18 am 

season 1 is 12.99 on amazon right now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:26 pm 

appifanie wrote:

Damn,that didn't last long. I checked around 9 am and it was back to 37.99. For months now, I've been planning on getting it for a friend of mine for Hanukkah. She has never seen it and even though I have been telling her to watch it since May, some people just won't unless they have the DVDs in their possession

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:22 pm 

bastah wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Damn,that didn't last long. I checked around 9 am and it was back to 37.99. For months now, I've been planning on getting it for a friend of mine for Hanukkah. She has never seen it and even though I have been telling her to watch it since May, some people just won't unless they have the DVDs in their possession

yeah it was a lightning deal - i think i've seen it that low recently though so keep checking!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 am 

I think I'm cool with all the recent developments except for Bonnie saying no to Jeremy. Boo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm 

appifanie wrote:
I think I'm cool with all the recent developments except for Bonnie saying no to Jeremy. Boo!

She's Team Luca now. I love love love that Stefan is now in the tomb. I wonder what moves Damon will put on Elena now. Sure he had compelled her and told her to only love Stefan and blah blah, but last episode HE disappeared when he heard Elena was in trouble and he didn't bother to tell Stefan what had happened

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 pm 

bastah wrote:
appifanie wrote:

She's Team Luca now. I love love love that Stefan is now in the tomb. I wonder what moves Damon will put on Elena now. Sure he had compelled her and told her to only love Stefan and blah blah, but last episode HE disappeared when he heard Elena was in trouble and he didn't bother to tell Stefan what had happened

But Luca's daddy is EVIL!

I'm so glad Stefan is in the tomb too - Damon is so much cooler/hotter/better.

eta: Thanks bastah - I can always count on you for Vampire Diaries quick replies! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:09 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

So, I have two episodes of the first season left that I'm clinging to because I work on Thursdays, so I can't watch the episodes. I am obsessed. Also, I tried to read the books and about halfway through the second one, I just thought "this is stupid." I set it down and never looked back. The show is amazeballs though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:35 pm 

luckyklutz wrote:
So, I have two episodes of the first season left that I'm clinging to because I work on Thursdays, so I can't watch the episodes. I am obsessed. Also, I tried to read the books and about halfway through the second one, I just thought "this is stupid." I set it down and never looked back. The show is amazeballs though.

The book started slow, got better, got sucky. The show is so much better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Just another example of why we should all stop reading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 am 

luckyklutz wrote:

HA! :D

Also, the "Night World" collection by the same author, LJ Smith, is pretty good. Def better than Vampire Diaries. Tons better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I wonder if Luca knows his Dad is evil, he doesn't seem to. I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot and I have no idea where they're going with this plot but it's good.

appifanie wrote:
luckyklutz wrote:

Also, the "Night World" collection by the same author, LJ Smith, is pretty good. Def better than Vampire Diaries. Tons better.

I read all of the Night World series but each story was basically the same with two different lead characters who turn out to be soul mates. Not bad, but very repetitive and a lot easier to read than TVD.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 am 

Kitteh wrote:
I wonder if Luca knows his Dad is evil, he doesn't seem to. I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot and I have no idea where they're going with this plot but it's good.

appifanie wrote:
luckyklutz wrote:

I read all of the Night World series but each story was basically the same with two different lead characters who turn out to be soul mates. Not bad, but very repetitive and a lot easier to read than TVD.

The Forbidden Game is the BEST series she has written. You must must must read it. Way better than Vampire Diaries.

Here's my prediction about the show (I'll put it in spoiler tags in case I'm miraculously right:

Spoiler: show
Yeah, I don't think Luca knows, but I'm also not terribly sure that his father is evil. I'm starting to think that Elijah is a good guy and not a bad guy. I think he killed Trevor, because Trevor knows about the doppelganger and he couldn't kill Rose, because he got killed before he could. He killed Slater, because Slater knew about the doppelganger as well. It seems like his mission might be to keep Elena safe and away from Klaus. When Luca's dad asked Elijah if he killed Damon, Elijah said no since he knew Damon only wanted to protect Elena. He was swallowing a lot, which I was trained (theater degree) to do on film to show emotion (like crying). I think he has some sort of connection to Elena. He seems to care about her. Perhaps he knocked up Katherine?

Last edited by bastah on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I've read two of them. They were okay, I'm sure I'll turn to them when I need my next vampire fiction fix.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bastah wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

The Forbidden Game is the BEST series she has written. You must must must read it. Way better than Vampire Diaries.

Here's my prediction about the show (I'll put it in spoiler tags in case I'm miraculously right:

Yeah, I don't think Luca knows, but I'm also not terribly sure that his father is evil. I'm starting to think that Elijah is a good guy and not a bad guy. I think he killed Trevor, because Trevor knows about the doppelganger and he couldn't kill Rose, because he got killed before he could. He killed Slater, because Slater knew about the doppelganger as well. It seems like his mission might be to keep Elena safe and away from Klaus. When Luca's dad asked Elijah if he killed Damon, Elijah said no since he knew Damon only wanted to protect Elena. He was swallowing a lot, which I was trained (theater degree) to do on film to show emotion (like crying). I think he has some sort of connection to Elena. He seems to care about her. Perhaps he knocked up Katherine?

Thanks, I'll get a copy of the Forbidden Games, I'm running out of books now that Vampire Academy is finished :(

And I think you are spot on with your prediction, bring on S3!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:57 am 

Kitteh wrote:

Well true. And some of the stories aren't as good but I would skim those.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:56 am 

OK, I really like Elijah now. Like, I think I like him more than the other guys on the show

I'm glad that Luca is pissed that he can't be honest with Bonnie

I was cracking up when Elena tried to leave the house and couldn't

Awwwwwww Caroline+Tyler=fantastic. No, SUPER FANTASTIC

I also cracked up when Rose got attacked

Speaking of which, that's not quite the cliffhanger I was expecting. Not much of one at all

Damon was an idiot when dealing with Jules on the full moon

I am so so so so not happy that the Stefan/Katherine sex scene was only a dream

I guess Stefan and Elena are back together. I don't mind them together and their kiss was great, but Stefan is far more interesting when he's around Katherine and Caroline. He's boring around Elena

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bastah wrote:
OK, I really like Elijah now. Like, I think I like him more than the other guys on the show.

Awwwwwww Caroline+Tyler=fantastic. No, SUPER FANTASTIC

I guess Stefan and Elena are back together. I don't mind them together and their kiss was great, but Stefan is far more interesting when he's around Katherine and Caroline. He's boring around Elena

Elijah seems like a good guy, it'll be interesting to see if he follows through when/if Klaus arrives.

I liked that Caroline stuck with Tyler too, I feel bad for Matt but at least Caroline and Tyler can be honest with each other about what they are.

And I'm still happy with Stefan and Elena being together <3

I decided to re-read books 1-4 so I can finally read books 5 & 6. I'm almost finished book 2 and I am enjoying them a lot more than I did the first time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 am 
Tofu Pup

I really really love this show... so sad that the next episode will be in january 27!! ugh!
I love the Damon character ...oh bad boys :P
I thinks it's a really good show like the way it's done and I guess I like that it's different from the books because I didn't read them all... (didn't really like them too much)

Blog http://desireediazg.blogspot.com/
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/DesireeDiaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:31 pm 

Good ep! Damon is sexy but dumb. Elena is annoying - I can't even handle Katharine anymore. Poor Matt!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I finished books 1-4 and they weren't as bad as the first time I read them. I just finished book 5, I had to force myself to keep reading, it was just ridiculous. I don't think they are going to borrow much of the plot from the books, at least I hope they don't.

Book spoiler:
Elena becomes a vamp thanks to Damon and Stefan both sharing blood with her. Katherine returns to the town but no one realises it, she influences the weather and Elena drives her car in to a river and dies but she comes back as a vamp. Later she helps Stefan and Damon fight Katherine and then dies again. She returns as a spirit that can communicate with Bonnie as she's a psychic. Turns out Klaus is also a vamp/spirit thing and he's tormenting Elena and wants to destroy the town. They all fight him and Elena comes back as a human/spirit/angel-thing. After a few days she thinks she's a human but then she realises she has super powers when they fight the next bad guys in town. These bad guys use plants to attack people and infect people with insects that take over their body. In this genre everything is unbelievable but this is just getting ridiculous! I'm onto book 6, Stefan has been imprisoned in the dark dimension and Elena, Matt and Damon are trying to find him. Also, Caroline is the one who gets used in each book, basically she's hated Elena from book one and each bad guy influences her. Now they think she's pregnant to Tyler which in the books means she will turn into a were during pregnancy. I don't know if I'll even buy book 7.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
So I finished books 1-4 and they weren't as bad as the first time I read them. I just finished book 5, I had to force myself to keep reading, it was just ridiculous. I don't think they are going to borrow much of the plot from the books, at least I hope they don't.

Book spoiler:
Elena becomes a vamp thanks to Damon and Stefan both sharing blood with her. Katherine returns to the town but no one realises it, she influences the weather and Elena drives her car in to a river and dies but she comes back as a vamp. Later she helps Stefan and Damon fight Katherine and then dies again. She returns as a spirit that can communicate with Bonnie as she's a psychic. Turns out Klaus is also a vamp/spirit thing and he's tormenting Elena and wants to destroy the town. They all fight him and Elena comes back as a human/spirit/angel-thing. After a few days she thinks she's a human but then she realises she has super powers when they fight the next bad guys in town. These bad guys use plants to attack people and infect people with insects that take over their body. In this genre everything is unbelievable but this is just getting ridiculous! I'm onto book 6, Stefan has been imprisoned in the dark dimension and Elena, Matt and Damon are trying to find him. Also, Caroline is the one who gets used in each book, basically she's hated Elena from book one and each bad guy influences her. Now they think she's pregnant to Tyler which in the books means she will turn into a were during pregnancy. I don't know if I'll even buy book 7.

Hahaha. Well, here's a HUGE spoiler about what the writers/creators said will happen on the TV show
Elena will become a vamp (possibly season 2 finale), but it sounds like she won't stay a vamp, which is good. Kevin said that she gets in and out of that situation, so it sounds a little like the books, but hopefully she'll be a human with no superpowers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bastah wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

Book spoiler:

Hahaha. Well, here's a HUGE spoiler about what the writers/creators said will happen on the TV show
Elena will become a vamp (possibly season 2 finale), but it sounds like she won't stay a vamp, which is good. Kevin said that she gets in and out of that situation, so it sounds a little like the books, but hopefully she'll be a human with no superpowers

I don't think it's a bad thing if she becomes a vamp, maybe it will have something to do with the curse or maybe Elijah is so powerful he'd be able to turn her back again?

The super powers are weird, she was able to heal everyone after a fight, then came back as this human that could float and wasn't able to talk. 3 days later she was able to talk again and she realised she can call on wings, like Wings of Healing or something and she gets wings and is able to fly and heal and do crazy stuff. Now she's realised she can leave her body and visit people, she's been visiting Stefan while he's locked in a prison that they can't even find, but out of her body she's able to visit him. So crazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next