| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: How I Met Your Mother
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I assume it is going to be diffused incredibly fast, like Robin announcing she was pregnant. I wasn't completely surprised he said it because when he hung out with Victoria she said brought up Robin and said it wasn't over. So, they basically told us this was going to happen (even though it's stupid).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm glad Kal Penn is gone because I found Kevin to be really annoying. Mostly because he was way too willing to please Robin, to the point of it feeling like a one-sided devotion thing.

I really hope next week we see Robin laughing in Ted's face. His desperation at this point is entirely pathetic. Plus, we've already seen them go through 2 rounds of dating. It's time to quit that stuff. Plus, it's getting way to incestuous up in therre.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:45 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I really want Robin to end up with Barney in the end. I was shocked with Ted's announcement

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

dakini wrote:
not really a spoiler below this cut, just referencing tonight's ep...

Seriously, we know Robin isn't the mother, I don't want to watch them date again!
And I want Robin to be with Barney!
Damn it!

yes!

i love kal penn too, but i want robin with barney.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I agree with a lot of you that Ted and Robin should NOT get back together! Besides, if he's talking to his kids (really, and not like Robin talking to fake kids), he talks about "your mother" and "Aunt Robin," so she can't be the one. I just hope she does refuse to get back with him as I'm sick of those two going back and forth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Would you guys still watch if/when the mother is revealed? Part of me thinks I love the show for the characters and would still watch, but part of me doubts the writing would stay good.
(and I'm sorry if you addressed this in the first... seven pages or so. I just caught up thanks to Netflix and wanted to jump in and talk to you all.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm 

I dunno, but I definitely want Ted's wife to be in the show eventually. Hopefully they could still keep the stories sharp. But wouldn't the show have to end shortly after they get together? I mean, the show is "How I MET Your Mother."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The only way I want Ted's wife on the show is if she doesn't suck. I think most of the women he's dated have been awful. I really only remember liking Robin and Stella.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I didn't like Stella. Actually, I don't remember liking any of the women he's dated and I like Ted the least of all the characters. But I did really like the Stella episode involving all the interventions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I wasn't a huge fan of Stella, but that could be because I watched the episodes out of order and already knew she left him at the altar.

I think Victoria was the only girl I really liked him with. They were cute together and she was easy going enough to put up with his weirdness.

I love Robin, just not with Ted.. they never seemed to get the romance right. They were just awkward together. Kind of like when you're out somewhere with a guy friend and you have him pretend he's your boyfriend to ward off the random weirdo trying to pick you up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 am 

victoria was definitely the only woman i liked ted with. stella was ok, but i felt like she was sad more than happy. she still had some good moments.

i think intro'ing the mom would be totally watchable if they get the match right. really, the weird mystery that is barely addressed episode after episode is NOT why i am watching (it's jason segel, if you were wondering).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I knew Kal Penn was history as soon as I heard he was signed to a new series for next season.

Quote:
The "Harold & Kumar" and "House" actor has landed a role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs."

The show is a single camera sitcom from Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show," "The New Adventures of Old Christine") about a lowly cubicle worker named Neil (Penn) who has his identity stolen, only to like the fake life he's been given more than the boring one he was living.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 pm 
Hip Goiter

So it's like when Monica became Monana?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:38 pm 

veggiesue wrote:
I knew Kal Penn was history as soon as I heard he was signed to a new series for next season.

Quote:
The "Harold & Kumar" and "House" actor has landed a role in ABC's comedy pilot "Prairie Dogs."

The show is a single camera sitcom from Jackie and Jeff Filgo ("That '70s Show," "The New Adventures of Old Christine") about a lowly cubicle worker named Neil (Penn) who has his identity stolen, only to like the fake life he's been given more than the boring one he was living.

that sounds cool!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
victoria was definitely the only woman i liked ted with.

I second that. Everyone else was quite vapid, more or less (Robin excluded, even though she's bugging me at times for some reason).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

For how pissed off I was last week, I thought this was perfect. If Ted needed closure about Robin before he could really be in a serious relationship with someone else, then I'm glad it happened. And on the plus side, it's kind of a given that he's not having a serious relationship until the mother if she's the next person he says "I love you" too. So I'm gonna backtrack and say it probably wasn't as bad of an idea as I initially thought it was - it might not have been the funniest episode of the season, but it moved everything forward.

That's what I love about that show - it's ridiculously relatable sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 am 

Called it. And, now at the wedding when Barney marries Robin, Marshall is finally going to pay Lily for the bet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I really didn't like the Ted and Robin thing. I loved that Marshall and Lily have these ongoing bets. I love that Barney thought seeing a sex tape of his friends was a good idea. The subtext when Barney was talking to Ted about Robin was amazing. That is why I love NPH.

I dunno. For me, this felt like a wasted episode. How many seasons have we known that Robin is not the mother? They could have done a quick five minute scene about how he got over her instead of spending an entire episode on it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am 
Naked Under Apron

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I dunno. For me, this felt like a wasted episode. How many seasons have we known that Robin is not the mother? They could have done a quick five minute scene about how he got over her instead of spending an entire episode on it.

I agree, it felt like we were just revisiting an old theme for no reason. And then they ended it with Marshall's "Not yet", like after spending an entire episode on it, we still can't be done?

Also agree on the NPH love though. I want to see him in more things!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 am 

At this point, I feel like almost any time spent on Ted is a waste. Truly, he is just a slightly less annoying Ross. Hopefully, now that we've had a full blown Tedisode we can concentrate on the Stripper-Barney-Robin love triangle until B and R finally hook back up in the season finale.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
Hopefully, now that we've had a full blown Tedisode we can concentrate on the Stripper-Barney-Robin love triangle until B and R finally hook back up in the season finale.

I'd like that! I got excited at the end with the appearance of the umbrella, and then they did that stupid thing with everyone having an umbrella. I wasn't as upset at this episode as I thought I would have been

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 am 

Amy wrote:
And then they ended it with Marshall's "Not yet", like after spending an entire episode on it, we still can't be done?

worst part! enduring another ep of it is okay but to then say they aren't really done with it? also, as much as i love marshall and lilly, they're such buttinskis. back off!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm 

Did anyone else notice that the video camera Marshall was using was in no way a VHS camera, yet the sex tape was on VHS?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I am really effing annoyed with the Barney/Quinn and Ted/Robin storylines. The way Barney and others talk about Quinn as just a stripper went from being harsh to seriously misogynistic to me. I'm just tired of her being referred to as a stripper and treated as if she's worthless or something.

And I don't think I really have to reiterate how annoying it is that we've spent so much damn time on Ted still being in love with Robin. Who the fork cares?!

But..YAY! Marshall and Lily!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am 
Hip Goiter

Totally! Ugh it's frustrating. As always, Marshall and Lily are the best. I mean obviously it's understandable for Barney to realize he's not ok with his gf being a stripper, but he needs to talk seriously about it, not joke about it.

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next