| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

Anyone watch? God, I love this show.

Victoria Gotti has this menacing demeanor, like a Godfatha, but I love her somehow? She's got this quiet kiss of death aura. It cracked me up when she was clearly making personal calls on her cellphones, "looking busy".

I don't have any favorites yet though. I'm not even sure VG's my favorite, but I know I'm skerred. Hold me.

Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I love this show too! Such an entertaining mix of celebrities, and it's fascinating to see a little more of their "real" personalities (well, as real as it gets on reality tv).

I kinda wanted to punch Paul Sr. for getting all over George Takei like that. Ease up, dude. Takei is pretty amazing, and currently my favorite. I'm also really liking Arsenio and Penn. Nobody on the women's team is jumping out as someone to root for just yet, but it's only episode 1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it should be on my dvr.
dont tell me who got booted!!

*LALALALLALALALAAA*

ill prolly watch it tonight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh my gosh, when Victoria told Russel Simmons to take the chicken out of the pita when he asked for a vegan sandwich . . . I was like, ok, you guys deserve to lose now.
I agree, zelavie, there is no one likable on the women's side.

I love George Takei. Everything he says sounds super important. He could read the phone book and I'd be intrigued.

But the real reason I'm watching . . . Clay Aiken. I was a groupie way back. Please don't mock me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think I'm going to get tired of the Gotti murder jokes really fast.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 pm 
And you never will.

starrynight87 wrote:
But the real reason I'm watching . . . Clay Aiken. I was a Claymate way back. Please don't mock me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I thought lasers were going to shoot out of George Takei's eyes and transport Paul back to another dimension when he called him meek. He is my favorite.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Is it just me or do the celebrities seem more famous this season?

I don't really have a favourite yet, but George is pretty awesome.

I was kind of disappointed in the lack of Teresa. I'm hoping for some drama.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 am 
WELFARIST!

I wanted to include a picture of the Gotti boys that represents the picture of them I had in my thought bubble when VG was on the phone--(possibly with them?)--on the show--that glistening dentata hair and oompa-loompa pallor. I've seen such pictures but I can't seem to find them for myself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

how long was the first episode? it never taped on our dvr so we watched it on a laptop and it felt like we were watchign it for centuries.

Debbie Gibson seems to think she can heal all the world's problems with her gift of song.

i loved Penn on it. i thought he was funny and he seems really smart and articulate.
Arsenio Hall was really funny too and Adam Carolla (i guess they should be since they are comedians)

i felt really horrible for the capt of the losing team. i have not a clue who she is or why she is famous but she seemed so passionate about her charity that it kind of broke my heart when the girls lost even though a good charity still gets money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:19 pm 
WELFARIST!

It was two hours long.

I loved how Aubrey O'Day got all ego-y when Debbie Gibson had the mike in the cumbaya circle or whatever it was. AOD was all - what the hell's she singing for--I'm the current star here--and cited that she has the most twitter followers as proof. Sometimes I wonder how they feel watching this at home for themselves, seeing what others said about them.

Patricia Velasquez (capt of the losing team) is a model and actress. I think she was in The Mummy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm 
And you never will.

seitanicverses wrote:
Patricia Velasquez (capt of the losing team) is a model and actress. I think she was in The Mummy.

I just know her from Arrested Development. That's all I need.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Dammit, I had no intention of watching this show but this thread has sucked me in. Maybe it's on demand....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

who was she in Arrested Development?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm 
And you never will.

Marta (GOB's girlfriend who Michael fell in love with)! From the first season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that's who i was thinking after i posted that but i couldnt remember her name. i could only remember michael was in love with her.

i love that show!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:57 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

seitanicverses wrote:
I loved how Aubrey O'Day got all ego-y when Debbie Gibson had the mike in the cumbaya circle or whatever it was. AOD was all - what the hell's she singing for--I'm the current star here--and cited that she has the most twitter followers as proof. Sometimes I wonder how they feel watching this at home for themselves, seeing what others said about them.

That was pretty entertaining. I honestly would have no idea who she was if not for Go Fug Yourself. I've literally never heard her name outside of that blog until this show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah im pretty sure Aubrey O'Day is way less famous than she thinks she is.
i dont know a single Danity Kane song and the only reason i know who she is is from reading gossip blogs.

while we were watching my husband kept saying "who is she?" and then when she was going on about how famous she was and said Danity Kane he was like "WHO?!?!?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Well, I am not happy about this week's elimination. I'd rather be on the boy's team in this game. I like all the women individually, actually, but they don't work together well at all. The men's team is a lot more cohesive and fun.

I'm a fan of Penn. I didn't like how Lou got all bent out of shape when Penn said if he HAD to choose, Lou was one of the weaker players on the task. Clay did say Lou gets too focused on his own part of the task and forgets that others need equal attention. I thought it was an overreaction on Lou's part to get so offended--like Dee said, George handled the same situation with class and just accepted someone's negative opinion with dignity.

I think Victoria handles all the mob jokes that come her way with aplomb. I mean, she must get that shiitake her whole life, all the time, everywhere she goes. It probably drives her nuts and she's been tired of it for long time but you'd never know it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I was happy with the elimination. She seems like she's just there for her, not for anything or anyone else, and when she's not being put on some sort of pedestal (as I imagine she has been her whole life), she gets all pissy and throws a fit. Granted, Lisa wasn't exactly good on this task, but I think the right decision was made. I was actually shocked that a reality show would kick off a source of drama on week two - the producers usually keep those around for a while, just for the conflict.

It's gonna take a lot for me to like the women's team over the men's. The men just seem to gel so much better, and it appears that they are all taking it very seriously (and of course having a lot of fun at the same time).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

^ Yeah, I think that's why I'm mostly unhappy with the elimination. Drama loss!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So glad she's gone. SO GLAD.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

starrynight87 wrote:
So glad she's gone. SO GLAD.

THIS.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

the women last night were just full on crazy. they are all very hard to like as the bulk of them seem to be there for themselves and to become more famous. i get more of a sense from the men that they are there to do charity work and have fun.

i dont know much about Lisa but she scared me on last night's episode. i would hate to work for her.

my favorite line of the episode was when Clay said that Aubrey O Day didnt like being not the most pretty one in the room. she really seems to take offense when someone says how pretty Miss Universe is or that Debbie Gibson is the obvious singer.

i thought Victoria was the best one to go as she doesnt seem like she does anything. i think the comment someone made about her being on a pedestal her was probably pretty accurate. i dont think shes ever had to work for anything.

i felt SO BAD for Penn when Lou flipped out on him. he seemed like he wanted to cry. i mean he HAD to pick two people and he did it in a very classy way and very articulately explained his reasons and Lou seemed to take it as a personal attack.
i really like Penn, i didnt know much about him beforehand but he seems like an awesome dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

LisaPunk wrote:
the women last night were just full on crazy. they are all very hard to like as the bulk of them seem to be there for themselves and to become more famous. i get more of a sense from the men that they are there to do charity work and have fun.

i dont know much about Lisa but she scared me on last night's episode. i would hate to work for her.

my favorite line of the episode was when Clay said that Aubrey O Day didnt like being not the most pretty one in the room. she really seems to take offense when someone says how pretty Miss Universe is or that Debbie Gibson is the obvious singer.

i thought Victoria was the best one to go as she doesnt seem like she does anything. i think the comment someone made about her being on a pedestal her was probably pretty accurate. i dont think shes ever had to work for anything.

i felt SO BAD for Penn when Lou flipped out on him. he seemed like he wanted to cry. i mean he HAD to pick two people and he did it in a very classy way and very articulately explained his reasons and Lou seemed to take it as a personal attack.
i really like Penn, i didnt know much about him beforehand but he seems like an awesome dude

Yes to all of this. I can't find one single woman that I actually like so far. I thought Lisa would be cool until she got all crazy last challenge. She was the spitting image of every boss from hell that I ever had. I feel embarrassed and ashamed by my childhood idol Debbie Gibson. I worshipped that woman! I played her cassette (yes I am that old) so many times that I broke it. I knew every song by heart, had all her posters from Tiger Beat and even dressed like her. I'm glad I found out 20 plus years later that she's an obnoxious and conceited human being. This news would've crushed me as a child. Too bad Tiffany wasn't a contestant also. I've heard those two still hate each other after all these years. That would've been some amazing drama though.

I'm glad Victoria got the boot and I loved Clay's comment as well since we were all thinking it. She's made her jealousy and envy of the other girls pretty apparent. I also loved when Penn called Donald out on his sexist comment about Aubrey. Good christ I hate that man. I actually think the show could survive on it's own without the Don plus I wouldn't have to keep feeling the need to shower everytime that creep appears on the screen.

Lou totally surprised me with his outburst. I was not expecting that from him. In the previous show he seemed super sensitive but this show he not only seemed sensitive but insanely defensive as well. Dude needed to calm the fork down. He also got way too into his character during the rehearsal. I was even intimidated! Poor Clay!

Penn seems like an overall amazing guy with a huge heart. I really hope he makes it to the end. I'm also really loving Dee as well. He's another one that appears to be a very calm, laid back, sweet guy. And of course George! He's so adorable! I just want to shrink him and carry him around in my pocket. I missed Adam this episode. I figured he would be unbearably annoying but he had me laughing my asparagus off during the first show. I look forward to seeing more of him. Arsenio as well. I'm on the fence about Paul (seems kinda like a d-bag) but everyone else on the guy's team is beyond likeable.

I'm curious about Teresa. She seems pretty quiet so far which seems out of character so seeing her "real" personality will be entertaining since I'm not sure which way she will go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next