| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Kitteh wrote:
I feel sorry for Julia but it's such an odd situation, having the girl living with you while you're planning on adopting her baby.

Yeah, like, are they going to kick her out after she has the baby? That would be pretty odd for the biological mother living with you/raising the baby... there would be a lot of conflict I imagine.

That being said, I think she will keep the baby too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

um I'm watching the episode that my DVR claims was new on 1/31 (Nora coming home from the hospital) but it takes place before the last episodes I watched (the magazine cover, college too expensive etc.) Is my DVR playing tricks on me? Did NBC screw up? Am I going crazy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think she's going to keep the baby. I think she's just having a hard time with it. It felt believable when she said she needed to distance herself from them in order to cope.

Also! For those of you who love this show and have not yet watched Friday Night Lights (or am I the only one?), it's now on Netflix streaming and you should check it out. It's also helmed by Katims and it's very similar in the way that it portrays those very real, intimate moments, and the acting is superb. I'm only on season one, but so far I think it's better than Parenthood.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 pm 
Semen Strong

chiveggie wrote:
um I'm watching the episode that my DVR claims was new on 1/31 (Nora coming home from the hospital) but it takes place before the last episodes I watched (the magazine cover, college too expensive etc.) Is my DVR playing tricks on me? Did NBC screw up? Am I going crazy?

Yeah, that is a repeat. Silly DVR

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

elouise wrote:

Also! For those of you who love this show and have not yet watched Friday Night Lights (or am I the only one?), it's now on Netflix streaming and you should check it out. It's also helmed by Katims and it's very similar in the way that it portrays those very real, intimate moments, and the acting is superb. I'm only on season one, but so far I think it's better than Parenthood.

I was soooo sad when that went off the air. Have they even shown the last season on regular tv yet? They showed it on DirectTV channel.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Now that I know, I can totally see similiarities with FNL.

Did anybody else think it was weird that although we saw Kristina go force Amber to leave with her that they didn't have a scene in the car or after they got home or anything? Because, yeah, it's so like Amber to not voice her opinion.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

deearess wrote:
Now that I know, I can totally see similiarities with FNL.

Did anybody else think it was weird that although we saw Kristina go force Amber to leave with her that they didn't have a scene in the car or after they got home or anything? Because, yeah, it's so like Amber to not voice her opinion.

Yeah, that was super weird! it's not like the situation was resolved by just making Amber leave. It's really annoying that the politician guy decided it was ok to get involved with his 19 year old assistant.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:39 pm 
Semen Strong

I felt like it was a set-up to say that the pol is 28, like that isn't that much older than Amber, but there are still heirarchy issues that make it problematic. Its also weird that no one spoke to Amber's mother.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

max has a friend! i may have teared up.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 pm 
Semen Strong

The portrayal of Max is always so good.

I also thought it was interesting to show Drew as being upset at the idea that his mother might have another child. I feel like shows so often portray teenagers so stereotypically, like wisecracking mini-adults with bigger mood-swings. Its nice to show their softer sides.

Spoiler: show
If its true that Ritter is leaving the show, I am going to miss Mark so much. They are doing a good job with the relationship.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
If its true that Ritter is leaving the show, I am going to miss Mark so much. They are doing a good job with the relationship.

Nooooooo! I wish I could have stayed in my blissfully ignorant state a little longer.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:23 pm 

deearess wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Nooooooo! I wish I could have stayed in my blissfully ignorant state a little longer.

OMG. I cannot handle that. At all. LALALA.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Since Jasmine has decided to marry Crosby, does that mean I can have Dr. Joe?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 pm 

someone should! (i haven't watched yet but i saw that coming)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:39 pm 
Semen Strong

Okay I am tearing up over the Zoe storyline. The actress that plays Zoe really brought it in the labor scene and I love that they didn't use many words at all. It was all just so clear in that look.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Whoa this whole episode was so emotional for me.
I'm ok with Crosby choosing Jasmine, but sad that he didn't give his girlfriend any consideration at all.
And...Dwayne Wayne!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:

OMG. I cannot handle that. At all. LALALA.

This. This is why I love you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was annoyed at Kristina for driving over there and taking Amber home like she was a little girl but was happy when Sarah told Kristina off, go Sarah!

This episode was emotional, I'm happy for Crosby, even though I don't like him, Jabbar looked so happy!

Poor Julia and poor Zoe.

Adam, you tool.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:28 pm 
Semen Strong

The finale felt like it was more hurriedly cleaning up plot lines, but then wedding episodes always are really big without a lot of space for the tiny details that Parenthood does so well. Loved Zoe and Julia, and even Amber and Bob Little's scenes, but the rest of it was a bit too pat. I also like Sarah's face when Mark proposed. The first time sexin' scene seemed like a waste - it was just so nothingy.

This is such a great show, but apparently the ratings are still lukewarm and there is some question that it may not be renewed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I couldn't believe they hurried through all that important stuff...it could have been half a season worth of plot! I wanted to hear the breakup scenes with the doctor and the cellist. Not to mention the rush to get married. It felt like they were wrapping up the show instead of preparing for a new season, which makes me sad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 pm 
Chard Martyr

ohhh, it was a finale. no wonder they wrapped everything up. what a weird episode!

Haddie was pissing me off this episode. When her dad told her not to worry about Cornell, she said "I wasnt" meaning that she really has no concept of money and just assumed her parents will keep paying for everything regardless of her dad;s job situation. I guess that's a pretty typical attitude of a well off high school kid, but it made me want to smack her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm 
One Trick Dick

Not reading this thread, currently watching season 2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 pm 

i liked that they just played music over the break-up and vow scenes - we get the point, we don't need specifics.

love mark (hope his new show fails!), pretty fond of bob little too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think Adam was being a bit of a dick, meeting with that guy knowing that Crosby doesn't want to sell. I get it, he has a kid about to go to college but he knew that when he bought the place with Crosby and he knows how much this means to him. I don't think I will ever like Adam.

Jasmine looked gorgeous

ETA: About time, Adam.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:28 am 
One Trick Dick

Watched the first three episodes of season 3, will be commenting soon...

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next