| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Their frozen tom yum soup with mushroom dumplings is sooooo good!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:38 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

denali wrote:
sugarbeet wrote:

I'm obsessed with Baker Josef's peanut flour at the moment. High protein, easy pb flavor without the sticky issue, and I've been adding it to everything. I'm planning a pb bake-fest soon. Stuff isn't cheap though.

I bought some peanut flour from TJs but have no idea what to do with it. Help?

I saw a recipe for a "PB & J Smoothie" on PeasAndThankYou, and it calls for the PB flour. I haven't made it yet so I can't vouch, but it sounds interesting! You have to scroll down a little to get to the recipe, but it's there!

I am sitting here making a TJ's list from this thread, I might as well plan on buying some new pants too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The closest TJs is two hours from me, but whenever I'm in the area, it's on my agenda!
I have a list on my fridge right now that's nearly two pages long and sounds like I have some new things to add!
My standard list includes:
creamy pb
organic pb cookies
maple cookies (bought these once for my dad, then made the mistake of tasting one myself!)
whole grain milk (love this for baking)
organic multigrain chips with flax
17 bean and barley soup mix (lunch for a week!)
organic sugar and brown sugar
rice pilaf (so yummy, has such a tasty buttery flavor that I check the ingredients every time I eat it)
curry simmer sauce
jalapeno and cilantro hummus
red lentil dip (can't remember exactly what this is called, but it's AMAZING)

My husband usually doubles that list and we have an overflowing cart by the time we're finished!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:47 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I'm such a TJ's junky. I don't even know where to begin. Lots of people have already mentioned lots of things I love. But I don't think anyone has mentioned the little packets of concentrated vegetable broth yet. They are so handy when you just need a little broth and don't want to open a whole big container that you might not use up. And I think they are the best tasting veg broth I've been able to purchase. I still prefer to make my own from scratch, but sometimes I'm out, or only have a massive block of it all frozen together, and these packets save the day. They are also supper handy for taking on camping trips.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Quarantined wrote:
I bought some of the new TJs brand hemp milk the other day and it's good! Tastes like repackaged Living Harvest to me, and way cheaper.

I haven't seen this yet! I have to remember to look for it the next time I'm there!

Also, Trader Joe's cafe twists are insanely good!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I'm going to trader joe's in about half an hour and my list now has a million items I don't need on it. Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:16 pm 
Human Gravy

Just got back from TJ's and I got the tots and the falafel.

Peppermint Joe-Joes and the rest of the Holiday goodies were out (I'm trying to hold off a bit on this).

No Tom Yum soup however.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I can't wait to try the falafel and Tom yam soup - my TJ's has been out of them for the last 2 weeks. I did just get their holiday tea, vanilla-cinnamon black tea, and it's heavenly. Almost takes the place of a dessert craving. Almost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I can't wait to try the falafel and Tom yam soup - my TJ's has been out of them for the last 2 weeks. I did just get their holiday tea, vanilla-cinnamon black tea, and it's heavenly. Almost takes the place of a dessert craving. Almost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Almond butter with flax seeds! Plantain chips! Veggie gyoza (my son inhales these)! Brown rice bread! Low-sugar blackberry jam! Mini dark chocolate bars!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I couldn't find the falafel and thai soup with dumplings. I did get a tofurkey, though!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Meggs wrote:
~Sz wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
I'm holding this thread personally responsible for me spending hundreds of dollars at TJs when I go shopping next week.

I fear the same. I have started a list!

Is it even possible to spend hundreds of dollars at TJs? I get a huge basket of stuff and then they ring me up and it's always around $20 or $30. I'm baffled every time.

Really? I have the opposite of this problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am 
Chard Martyr

jordanpattern wrote:
vijita wrote:
You guys! I can't find this damn strudel anywhere! I've looked twice at both the SoMa and Geary TJ's in SF. Someone take me there, hold my hand, and guide me to it. I want that shiitake!

They have it at the North Beach TJ's! Come see me after work sometime, and we'll hit it up!

Done! I don't even think I've really been to that neighbourhood yet. Is there anywhere around there with a good Happy Hour? Also, do you have your bike yet?

Sorry...TJ'S! I sold out and bought the frozen seasoned potatoes with green beans and chanterelles the other day...they were actually really tasty, and not stingy with the chanterelles! I think I will miss TJ's. Certainly the cheap-as-fuck wine.

Last edited by vijita on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Went to TJ's tonight and was surprised not to see the soy ice cream (any of it!). So I asked and the lady told me that Trader Joe's was in the process of changing their supplier! I want to cry - no more amazing Soy Cherry Chip or Mango Vanilla!? Oh I hope she was misinformed....

If you have it at your local TJ's I recommend stocking up. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing some last time I was there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

We just got a Trader Joe's here and I'm already in love with the chocolate chip cherry ice cream. I also really liked the chocolate ice cream sandwiches. And the dark chocolate UFO's? I had to hide them away so I would stop eating them.

Also, they have the best store bought hummus I've ever tried-- and so many varieties.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

ifer wrote:
Went to TJ's tonight and was surprised not to see the soy ice cream (any of it!). So I asked and the lady told me that Trader Joe's was in the process of changing their supplier! I want to cry - no more amazing Soy Cherry Chip or Mango Vanilla!? Oh I hope she was misinformed....

If you have it at your local TJ's I recommend stocking up. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing some last time I was there.

This explains why there hasn't been any vanilla, which I really like and think is a great price. But my fave is the mango vanilla. I will stock up if they have it next time I go, even though it's getting too cold for me to be that into icecream. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 am 
Naked Under Apron

ifer wrote:
Went to TJ's tonight and was surprised not to see the soy ice cream (any of it!). So I asked and the lady told me that Trader Joe's was in the process of changing their supplier! I want to cry - no more amazing Soy Cherry Chip

WHAT. But that is the best vegan ice cream! I don't even buy it that often, but I need to know it's there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:12 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

vijita wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
vijita wrote:
You guys! I can't find this damn strudel anywhere! I've looked twice at both the SoMa and Geary TJ's in SF. Someone take me there, hold my hand, and guide me to it. I want that shiitake!

They have it at the North Beach TJ's! Come see me after work sometime, and we'll hit it up!

Done! I don't even think I've really been to that neighbourhood yet. Is there anywhere around there with a good Happy Hour? Also, do you have your bike yet?

Sorry...TJ'S! I sold out and bought the frozen seasoned potatoes with green beans and chanterelles the other day...they were actually really tasty, and not stingy with the chanterelles! I think I will miss TJ's. Certainly the cheap-as-fork wine.

There are some great happy hours around! I like the bar near my office called Vesuvio - it's often not too crowded, and has great people-watching tables. You can even get a fried tofu sandwich from the cheesesteak place! Let's do it up soon!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Oh, and I love their cranberry cider! I got some for Hallowe'en, when we had vegimator ad maygles over to watch a movie, and I was too hung over to drink. It was great!

I need to find this elusive tom yam soup. Maybe today for lunch...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:28 pm 
Nailed to the V

Just bought the apple strudel, tots, peppermint joe joes, white bean hummus, but they were all out of the falafels. I'm so excited, I have so many new things to try. And they started carrying my favorite beer, Fat Tire's Trippel. It was a good, but costly stop at TJ.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 pm 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

Right now I'm in love with their falafels and their tater tots! Oh man am I addicted to those tots.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:01 pm 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

"Also, they have the best store bought hummus I've ever tried-- and so many varieties."

Is all their hummus vegan? I know the edamame hummus and the white bean are, but I was eating the regular one for a long time but stopped when I started to notice them putting the large V label on the other two and I wasn't sure. Anyone know? I love their regular hummus, I'm not crazy about the white bean or edamame as much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Where do they hide the maple cookies? I'm hoping my store just didn't have them yet, but I didn't not see them in the normal cookie stashing location or the end caps. I will check again soon because I want maple cookies dang it.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

boychucker wrote:
Where do they hide the maple cookies? I'm hoping my store just didn't have them yet, but I didn't not see them in the normal cookie stashing location or the end caps. I will check again soon because I want maple cookies dang it.

At the Trader Joe's in Nashville, they were on the shelves above the freezer section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh shiitake! I forgot about this thread! I need to get over to Trader Joe's already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 115  Next