| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Companies that ship stuff in Europe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 am 
Saggy Butt

Does anyone know any companies that have nice lots of vegan stuff that ship all over europe? There's a few UK ones that might but I was hoping there would be something closer. Anything from the US gets stopped and opened by Slovak customs and then they charge you heaps to get it back so that's no good. Affordable prices preferred. :)

Post subject: Re: Companies that ship stuff in Europe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Most companies will ship anywhere, for a price. Vegan-wonderland.de is does ridiculously cheap gluten powder but the shipping is a killer. I live in the UK, though, so there might be cheaper overland shipping.

As this is Europe, it's always important to ask: what languages can you speak?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

hannahkate wrote:
Does anyone know any companies that have nice lots of vegan stuff that ship all over europe? There's a few UK ones that might but I was hoping there would be something closer. Anything from the US gets stopped and opened by Slovak customs and then they charge you heaps to get it back so that's no good. Affordable prices preferred. :)

You would need to check with customs as to what their policy is on importing food, it could be that they will open any items marked 'food' and charge you some sort of import duty?

I've had some success with Amazon, mainly importing from the US to the UK (appreciate our customs and taxes might well be different), and have bought the likes of books from US Amazon cheaper than the UK Amazon including carriage

The other route would be to approach a company and find out what their shipping rates are, and if you can afford it buy in bulk. They will have charges according to distance and weight, but again you need to find out as to policy in force by your customs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:05 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

chools wrote:
hannahkate wrote:

You would need to check with customs as to what their policy is on importing food, it could be that they will open any items marked 'food' and charge you some sort of import duty?

Slovakia is a EU member state so if it's travelling from within the EU, this shouldn't be an issue.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'd second veganwonderland, as well as veganic. both are in Germany, so maybe shipping is cheaper than from the UK?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I love veganversand.at, a rather small Austrian company. Their website is only available in German, but they ship to most or all EU countries, as far as I know.
And they have the best vegan cheeses.
(PM me if you need help translating stuff.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 am 
Saggy Butt

Cool I'll have a look at those. I'm used to translating websites so that's not a problem :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:49 am 
Not NOT A Furry

My experience in Denmark is that the Euro branch of Amazon will not ship food products out of their country of origin. Only the normal books, CDs, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I was going to say http://veganlife.lu/ , but it looks like they're temporarily offline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

It seems that most places don't want to ship to slovakia for some reason. One body jewellery company told me that they have had lots of dodgy orders from slovakia so maybe the food ones have found the same. I really need to get down to asking the UK ones about SK since there's so many recipes I want to make with ingredients I can't get here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 am 

Ok that may sound strange but Polish vegans literally hunt for Czech and Slovak vegan products :) Each time when my parents go for vacations to Slovakia (they speak only Polish so that's best choice for them since they can easily communicate) they bring me tons of food. I love tempeh from SunFood and tofu from Alfa Bio and of course gluten and nutritional yeasts from ProVita.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:42 am 
Saggy Butt

That does sound strange! I must just not be looking hard enough. It's difficult to explain what you want when you don't really speak much of the language though. Tofu is super cheap in Tesco so that's not a problem to get but I've never seen nutritional yeast.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 am 

Czech shops stuff to Slovakia for example http://www.vegshop.cz/ (Posíláme i na Slovensko.) - nutritional yeasts are "drozdi lahudkove".

There is also (I guess not only one) health food sotre in Kosice http://www.biotrend.sk/ - I'm quite sure that you can order something there :).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Iherb ship to Europe!