| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LivingSocial: 2-day VIP pass to Vegetarian Food Festival
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/231/ ... tival-pass

they have two options, including one with premium entry, which may be worth getting judging from the line for last year's event!

(i didn't buy this one, so if anyone wants to post their referral link, go for it!)

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

Post subject: Re: LivingSocial: 2-day VIP pass to Vegetarian Food Festival
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I didn't go last year, but was thinking of checking it out on Sunday. Are the lines really that bad? That might deter me from going. I just wanted to casually stroll around and eat a ton of food! (Why must everything in NY be so crowded?!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

OddCoupleEats wrote:
I didn't go last year, but was thinking of checking it out on Sunday. Are the lines really that bad? That might deter me from going. I just wanted to casually stroll around and eat a ton of food! (Why must everything in NY be so crowded?!)

to my knowledge, there's only been one so far (last year's, which was only one day), so i don't know what it'll be like this time. at last year's i got there around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, expecting to just saunter in, but i was greeted with a wrapped-around-the-block line for admission (plus another, slightly shorter one for the Cinnamon Snail food truck parked outside). i finally got in a mere 20 minutes before the final admission (which was 4:30 or 5; i forget) and it's packed inside. don't think i got to see/try everything i'd wanted to, due to the combination of some samples being completely eaten and difficulty maneuvering around the sheer number of people.

i think it's at the same venue this year. hopefully spreading it out over two days will alleviate the crowd issues.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Thanks for the info, Emperor! I think I will go over early on Sunday morning and see what the crowd is like. I really wish Cinnamon Snail was going to be there again, but their new kitchen isn't ready. :-(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I went last year. Let me try and relate my experience as I remember it, though some details might be slightly off.

The doors opened at 9 and I showed up at 10. When I arrived I only had to wait in line for about an hour and a half, though some people I know who showed up at 11 had to wait closer to 3 hours. When I did get inside I was easily able to try and purchase items for maybe half an hour or so, but it soon became very packed. When I was first admitted they were being very careful about letting in and out the same number of people at a time but I believe they soon started increasing the in/out ratio. Eventually I was still able to try everything and buy a few items, though later in the day I imagine it would be more difficult.

I could have sworn I read it was at a new, larger venue this year, but I can't remember the name from last year and google maps shows it in the same area. I would aim to arrive as early as possible, though even if it is the same venue, like Emp said having it over two days should definitely help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm 
Tofu Pup

Holy crepe. I'm glad I read this post--guess I won't be attempting to go this weekend, then.
Too bad it will likely be so packed; then again nice that this event draws so many attendees.
(I've never even glimpsed the Cinnamon Snail truck because I am never in its vicinity.)