Post subject: Dennis Kucinich Lost the Primary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Huge sadface. I'm beyond bummed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... c-primary/

Post subject: Re: Dennis Kucinich Lost the Primary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

dammit, I'm bummed too. Obama was uncontested in MA, but I voted for Kucinich in the last 2 primaries.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 pm 
Semen Strong

I thought this was interesting analysis:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... aptur.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

There's the possibility he may run for Washington state's new 10th district, which is basically Olympia and outlying areas.

If he does, I heartily recommend Bearded Lady Food Company's vegan cupcakes. C'mon, Dennis, we have cupcakes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:
I thought this was interesting analysis:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... aptur.html

Almost every reason given in that article is why I like him. The fact that he takes stands on the issues, whether or not it supports his party, I think it one of his best qualities. It shouldn't be team blue vs. team red. And the whole thing about paying attention to national issues instead of just jobs or whatever in his home district is so lame. If every congressperson only cares about his own district without regard to the common good, where does that leave the country? And quirky behavior shouldn't be a liability either. Everyone shouldn't have to conform into some vanilla, sanitized, christian mold.

It is all basically the problems with today's politicians in a nutshell. If someone actually stands up for the people, and things they believe in, they make enemies and lose. It seems like most people would almost rather their politicians to be selfish, scheming, sheep-y liars.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is his switch on abortion. Although I am pro-choice, I have some reservations about it. I could understand how someone with reverence for life could have a problem with it, even though ultimately I think there are reasons why women need that option. I just hope that he changed his mind because he really honestly thought about it and changed his mind (which I think it is fair for someone to do occasionally) and not because of a calculated political decision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 am 
Semen Strong

I really don't get this insistence that politicians never ever change their minds about anything ever, no matter what the changes in circumstances.

I want people in power to be considering the issues and learning about them, and if that means they change their position, so be it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Tofulish wrote:
I really don't get this insistence that politicians never ever change their minds about anything ever, no matter what the changes in circumstances.

I want people in power to be considering the issues and learning about them, and if that means they change their position, so be it.

I think it just boils down to a lot of people only being willing to address issues at the surface rather than inquiring about the details. There are a lot of people that flip flop wherever the influence sends them, but there are still some (few) genuine politicians that seem to consider the details on a case by case basis.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

In all truth, the whole UFO thing did hurt his credibility. I know that I wished he had kept that to himself.

I can also see how people living in a rust belt state who are suffering from serious economic issues would prefer a politician who was more focused on local issues rather than big picture ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Well, looks like Dennis has figured out some of what he will be doing after politics.

http://action.kucinich.us/page/s/bold-voices

Sounds like a good idea, and he might have the pull to get it to have some benefits? We shall see!