| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Festivals 2012
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:01 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

So is anyone going to a festival this summer? I've been thinking about going to a few but may end up going on my own - has anyone done that before and just relied on meeting people there?

Also, are there any with a particular vegan vibe? I know most festivals now generally have veggie/vegan options available, but it would be awesome to go to one with more of a culture behind it. Shambala's looking pretty good at the moment, and volunteering would be fun.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Festivals 2012
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 am 
Inflexitarian

If you're going alone, maybe try posting on the festival's forum, to see if there are other people who are going alone, or a group who might like to adopt you. Worth a shot, and you might meet some cool people.

I don't know if I'm going to any this year, as the mainstream festivals tend to be a bit pricey, and not necessarily worth it for the line up. Possibly going to Cornbury festival (which is local to me) for free, as my boyfriend works for an indie record store, who will have a stall there, and asked me if I wished to tag along and help out. I probably will for funsies, but there are less than a handful of acts that I'd actually watch confirmed thus far.

As for a veggie vibe - there are none that I know of. Food stalls should have some stuff, but are super expensive, so I'd rely mainly on bringing stuff with.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The Boyf and I are going to Wilderness Festival, which looks like a middle-class artsy-fartsy-fest and that it awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

If travel is cheap, I will happily come with you to most things, I love new experiences after all :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Disappearing Ink wrote:
I don't know if I'm going to any this year, as the mainstream festivals tend to be a bit pricey, and not necessarily worth it for the line up.

I went to Reading for the first time last year, as a friend managed to get me a backstage pass because he was an official photographer. I think the only bands I enjoyed were Muse and Elbow but I wouldn't normally listen to them. I was a bit unimpressed with the rest of it, it didn't feel interactive enough and the whole thing felt a bit soul-less. I agree with the festival organisers charitable work though.

I didn't think of asking on festival forums, thanks for that suggestion - may just be what I need.

I think there are a few festivals which focus on eco/green ideas, Shambala looks like that sort of festival I think. But if there are any more vegan/green festivals it would be really great if they advertised a bit more. I only managed to find out about Shambala through a copy of the Big Issue.

Halos wrote:
If travel is cheap, I will happily come with you to most things, I love new experiences after all :)

That would be awesome, I think the cheapest way to travel is carpooling, but I guess you'd have to be in a group to get into someone else's car.