| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I saw an infomercial on this last night(yay insomnia) and was wondering if any of you had tried it. It's basically like P90X, but the workouts are only 30 min.

I'm thinking of ordering it since I usually like Jillian and 30 min/day would fit into my schedule better than an hour or more right now.

Link if you're interested : The Jillian Body Revolution

Post subject: Re: Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I want this, but so pricey. Also, I worry about modifying the shoulder things. I have nasty rotater cuff stuff.

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Oh, this is right up my alley. I really like The 30 Day Shred. I love how short the work outs are and that none of the moves are hard too follow (zumba leaves me mystified). It's a lot of money, but I'm definitely going to think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Damn, that lady must be riiiich.

I like the short workouts too. But realistically, I probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.

Let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just be cautious. When I was looking into 30 day Shred a year or two ago there were a lot of complaints about her website making bogus charges and sneaky subscriptions. I don't know how justified those claims were, but it's worth checking into if you want to order. And be cautious. The way Shred wound up being sold and marketed (one disc at time, no schedule) it wound up being not-so-healthy as it suggested doing the exact same workouts for 10 days straight...so just make sure if you question what's going on in the workouts you trust your judgement. Also, make sure you understand proper form when you do it. I didn't when I tried Shred and my knee kinda sucks even more now.

I must disclaim I dislike JM with a passion that is not entirely rational. I think in the world of money hungry fitness opportunists, she is the queen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm 

bekki wrote:
The way Shred wound up being sold and marketed (one disc at time, no schedule) it wound up being not-so-healthy as it suggested doing the exact same workouts for 10 days straight...

I don't really understand. The Shred workout IS just one disc. I bought mine from Amazon for less than $10. You can also sign up for access to her website and meal plans (pass). I imagine that people have been charged incorrectly, that seems like a really common complaint about online subscription services. Jillian is definitely trying to make the dolla dolla bills, but I don't think she's much more dubious than most "fitness gurus."

The Shred isn't the most well-rounded work out because it is just a disc with 3 different work outs. Like mentioned above, Body Revolution is basically laid out like the Beach Body workouts. I imagine part of why it's expensive is because you get much more variety.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks for posting. I gotta get this! It seems like a less intense P90x which sounds nice to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm intrigued. I could use high intensity workouts that don't take too much time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

bekki wrote:
The way Shred wound up being sold and marketed (one disc at time, no schedule) it wound up being not-so-healthy as it suggested doing the exact same workouts for 10 days straight...

I'm confused. 30 day shred is only one dvd w/3 workouts on it. And yeah, if you want to do it as she says, you do each level until you're able to progress up.

sunnybear, have you looked into Insanity? It's sorta the same thing again(and it's a 60 day plan), only it's all body weight resistance(i.e. no weights necessary). My friend is doing it and getting ripped, but I just watched part of one of her dvds and decided I wasn't ready for it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:25 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yeah Insanity just seems like too much for me. I ordered mine so hopefully it gets here soon! I'm curious about the meal plan because it's obviously not vegetarian or vegan but maybe I can modify the recipes?? I don't know if I will follow the meal plan anyway because I'm really just focusing more on overall healthy eating and less on weight loss.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:56 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Any idea what weights are needed? The video looked like 2 sets maybe a 5 and a 10?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yeah you need weights...one set of lighter and one set of heavier. I got mine for $8 a set or something like that. For me, a use 3 lbs and 5 lbs. She does a TON of reps on her other dvd's so the lighter ones are better imo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:02 pm 

Yes, like SB, I stick with lighter weights on her other dvds. I would think 3-5lbs would be sufficient.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm 
Tofu Pup

I wanted to chime in - as I recently bought this 90 day Body Revolution set in a weak moment while watching infomercials.
I was overweight, not grossly... but could stand to lose about 20-30 lbs. I HATE exercising. But as Jillian says- If you have a reason, you can tolerate anything for 30 minutes. The set comes with 15 DVDs, a resistance cable, menu guide, food log book, etc. I use my own 2, 5 and 8# weights.
It starts out fairly benign.... and if you are faithful and do the 30 min each day, including warm up and cool down stretches, it does not throw your body into stiff aches and pain. I recommend starting with the 7 day Kick-start menus and exercise routines (optional).

I started her program March 15th. Modified my eating habits to exclude the sugary treats I was munching, and eating foods she suggests in her menus. I have three meals plus a snack every day and I am not hungry. Her recipes are tasty and even my family enjoys them.

My energy level is much higher. My hair is shinier and my skin looks healthier too. Today is May 7th and since I started, I have lost 16 pounds and dropped two pants sizes and two dress sizes. It's amazing!
I did reach a plateau at about week three but after a few days, my weight loss continued.
This is do-able. It's sensible. And healthy.
I encourage any of you who are thinking of doing it to START. I am 54 and losing weight at my age and with my metabolism is very difficult. This system works. It is well worth the money. I am learning good life habits and I actually (hate to admit it) look forward to the 30 min workouts. They are ever changing and fun. I can do them in my own home and not worry about some skinny gym people being critical of me.
Go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Anybody doing this work-out? I was given a set of the DVD's by a co-worker and just finished week one. I hoping to lose the rest of my baby weight (10 lbs) plus another 10 as well as just get some level of fitness back. So far the first week has been just about right for a total non-exerciser like myself to start with so I have been able to do the entire sessions pretty much as shown. I REALLY like how they are only around 30 minutes and pretty much my whole body feels sore the next day so I know it is doing something! I glanced at the meal plans but I don't think I eat to badly to begin with so am not too interested in trying to veganize what she has planned. I think I will just try to cut out my extra snacking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm 

I have done these workouts and am about to start up again. I really like the progression. The meal plan was virtually impossible to veganize...so yeah I just "healthied up" my own diet. I definitely felt more healthy and toned and not just thinner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Good to hear you had positive results and are planning to start it up again! I am quite optimistic about it. I do have some pretty lousy knees so will need to modify things in the future levels to avoid being to "jumpy" the Rock-star jump in 30 day shred KILLED my knees so much I had to beg a clerical/desk job at work the next two days - don't want to repeat that experience.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm 

It definitely gets hard on the knees going forward. My husband had to modify for his knees.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This thread has obviously not been posted in in over a year, but just wanna see if anyone's doing this right now.

Last summer/fall I went through it and got to workouts 9 & 10 until I got sick and took a break, then never went back to it to finish. For the record 9 & 10 were stupidly difficult for me. I would've most likely needed to stick with them an extra week or so.

I really want to start back up, and if anyone else is doing it, I could use a "keep me accountable" buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hollie wrote:
This thread has obviously not been posted in in over a year, but just wanna see if anyone's doing this right now.

Last summer/fall I went through it and got to workouts 9 & 10 until I got sick and took a break, then never went back to it to finish. For the record 9 & 10 were stupidly difficult for me. I would've most likely needed to stick with them an extra week or so.

I really want to start back up, and if anyone else is doing it, I could use a "keep me accountable" buddy.

hey I just found this thread too . and the forum itself so sorry if I make a mess of replies and all that.

I cycle through a new made workout schedule every month. so starting july (june 30th tech) I am going to start the jm body revolution program .

lets be 'fit buddies' hollie

anyone else doing this soon?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:00 am 

I needed incentive to return to this as well. I am in. Should we shoot for 7/1?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 am 

I'm in for 7/1!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 pm 
Tofu Pup

im starting mon 6/30 as my day 1 so 7/1 will be my day 2, but that's still just about the same, so how do we want to help keep each other accountable /motivate etc??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:44 am 

Further than just checkins here? A google doc of some sort, maybe?