| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think the show is starting to mirror other zombie movies where ALL of the dead rise, not just "infected" people. There really isn't a mode of transmission in that case. Like in Dawn of the Dead where people just come out of their graves...Awesome stuff! SO excited for the finale!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fee wrote:
My hypothesis ever since they dodged the CDC and Rick got that whisper that everyone stopped talking about was that he was telling them they were all already infected, whether it's air-borne or whatever, but that they've all already got the virus and when they die, it activates.

This is what I thought too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Yeah, Rick knew Shane was going to rise so that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Rick knew he was going to rise? It didn't seem like it since Shane would have killed Rick had Carl not shot him. Unless I totally missed something...Did he say he knew at some point and I just didn't hear it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

He was sticking around after he had shot him for something. And also when Rick killed those guys in the bar, he shot them both in the head. He totes knew. And besides, that damn whisper was never revealed. What else would make the CDC guy want to blow himself up?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think Rick was hanging out from shock/sadness/crepe. I'm guessing that's what the CDC dude told him, but I don't know if in the moment, he really understood what it meant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I need you guys to help me remember what Rick and Hershel were talking about on the porch when Rick said something like "but the guy at the CDC said..."
Remember? Because I don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fee wrote:
I need you guys to help me remember what Rick and Hershel were talking about on the porch when Rick said something like "but the guy at the CDC said..."
Remember? Because I don't.

I think Hershel was talking about how he was waiting for a cure. The CDC dude could have said "everyone is infected" or "it's in the air/water/etc." but Rick might not have understood that to mean that everyone automatically comes back a zombie. Or maybe he was waiting for Shane to come back, but was distracted by Carl and having your son point a gun at you might make you forget that a zombie is going to wake up soon.

What was the exact discussion between Shane and Rick about the "scratchers" at the corp yard two episodes ago? That might also give some insight.

ETA: The internet says that Rick was the one who brought up scratches. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/18_Miles_Out I don't really know what that means though. I'm thinking too hard about this.

Last edited by mel c on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mel c wrote:
I think Rick was hanging out from shock/sadness/crepe. I'm guessing that's what the CDC dude told him, but I don't know if in the moment, he really understood what it meant.

I think he was hanging out thinking about Shane coming back-- otherwise why were there all those flashing shots of zombie frenzy and stuff?

And wow, that was SO CLOSE to the house! I thought they were on the other side of the woods or something, but they were just in the field! Crazy.

I don't know what the heck is up with Carl at this point. Also shouldn't they give that gun back or something?

Anyway, I'm glad stuff got moving again, and they finally got ol' Hershel to fortify his stupid house.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

solipsistnation wrote:
otherwise why were there all those flashing shots of zombie frenzy and stuff?

I thought maybe Shane was having those flashes as part of his zombie awakening? Maybe that was the moment he had the contact that infected him?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mel c wrote:
solipsistnation wrote:
otherwise why were there all those flashing shots of zombie frenzy and stuff?

I thought maybe Shane was having those flashes as part of his zombie awakening? Maybe that was the moment he had the contact that infected him?

that's what I thought, too. Like in Buffy when she has dreams of all the dead slayers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:39 pm 

solipsistnation wrote:
[Also shouldn't they give that gun back or something?

Dude, yeah! That's Darryl's gun! i like how the big decision was whether or not to let Carl keep it, not whether or not to give it back to its owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
just when I was about over the show they pull me back in with a zombie swarm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You and everyone else, I think. I think they've realized that all this talky drama has lost their core audience and they've decided they might want them back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 am 
ol' garly cooch

[quote="Erinnerung"]So good! But really, Carl, that awesome aim you somehow gained overnight would have been really forking appreciated last week.

I was thinking the same thing. Now get in the house, Carl. I was also thinking about the CDC thing, and that it might have been previously discussed. Now I'm just trying to think about who was infected first, a dead person or someone alive that died and bit someone?

Has anyone seen "Not Another Teen Movie?" There's a part where they are discussing tokenism and listing all of the things that a black actor says. Mr. J. and I half expected T-Dogg to say, "That is WHACK" after the said, "Oh HELL no."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Adam Crisis wrote:
just when I was about over the show they pull me back in with a zombie swarm

Same here. I was ready to cancel it from the DVR about halfway through the season, but stuck around for lack of anything better to do. And now it's all awesome again, what the fizzle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow. WOW. I finally got a chance to watch last night and I can't believe I avoided spoilers. That was HUGE!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:45 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

These days are always bittersweet. I'm so excited for the finale; however, that also means no more episodes until next fall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:42 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

creep wrote:
Same here. I was ready to cancel it from the DVR about halfway through the season, but stuck around for lack of anything better to do. And now it's all awesome again, what the fizzle.

Yeah, basically the same goes for me, too. I actually gave up watching it after episode 9 and then decided to catch up today when people started talking about it. About damn time something happened!

Look, I actually like dramas driven mostly by dialogue, but, you know, those shows have dimensional characters and well-written dialogue. I can't say the same for this show, honestly, or at least not for this season. It's been so DULL! Until recently, I mean. Kinda disappointing that they killed off two of the more interesting characters, although one was definitely unlikeable, because they're not left with much now. One thing that I've noticed about the show is the lack of flashbacks, which I guess would make it a little too similar to "Lost," but the flashbacks made "Lost" so great (at least for a season, if not more)! Viewers got an intense look into the characters' backgrounds and previous lives before the island. With "The Walking Dead," even though I've seen every episode, if I were to make a list of characteristics of the main characters, the list would be very very short.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, it's definitely lacking in character development, but I imagine with such a big cast and with the plot moving so slowly, it would be difficult to focus on everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That's a good point, though - hopefully they will go more into the backstories in future seasons. I would love to see details about how the zombie apocalypse actually happened.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm 
Saggy Butt

Carol's trying to play with Daryl's head again, Lori and her zombie spawn need to go, she showed which one she really wanted to survive, after she played them both, and I want a sword and some walker pets when the end comes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:07 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Ha, I was just going to say that Lori is carrying a zombie baby! Why didn't T-dog leave her on the side of the road??!?!?!

I'm so excited for the ewok/jedi/zombieoverlord girl!!! And was that a prison at the end? Was there a moat around it? My eyes are bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yeah Lori has made my shiitake list, and maybe Carl too. So much suspense for next season! And see, good thing Rick had them camp out there, because now they might find that damn fortress right next to them!! And who the hell is that person in the hood with the pet zombies?? That's badass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 pm 

IsaChandra wrote:
Ha, I was just going to say that Lori is carrying a zombie baby! Why didn't T-dog leave her on the side of the road??!?!?!

I'm so excited for the ewok/jedi/zombieoverlord girl!!! And was that a prison at the end? Was there a moat around it? My eyes are bad.

It looked like a prison. I saw barbed wire on the fence. Omg, that freaking caped creature looked so awesome and some comicbooky. I love it.
Why does everyone/anyone give a shiitake about Shane being dead? No one but Carl and Lori liked him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next