| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:38 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I love my DivaCup so much. SO MUCH. I've had it for like... a year? I'll never go back to tampons if I can help it. I do occasionally get that slight leak where it's not really leaking and you only notice when you wipe, but it hasn't actually been a problem.

I kind of love it when it gets really suctioned in there and makes that noise... You know the one. Where it's kind of like the noise it makes when you turn the volume up on a macbook only... squishy? I have one of those sliding doors from my bathroom into my bedroom and it isn't very soundproof so my boyfriend can hear it if he's in the bedroom. He totally freaks out when it happens which I find hilarious.

In regards to the dropping/pushing it out while peeing and having to fish it out of the toilet... that's nothing. Try pooping it out. Usually mine stays in place really well no matter what but there was one time...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've finally bought a menstrual cup. There was a great deal on greendeals.org, so I caved after years of "should I?" Let's hope I'm not afraid of it when it gets here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Another HUGE fan of the Diva Cup here. I've had it for 5 years and I wish I had it 10 years before that. I love going 12 hours before I have to empty it, and I sometimes push that to 13 hours cuz I work 12 hour shifts. And it's comfortable. And easy. And cheap. And it never ever ever leaks.

I boil it for 5-10 minutes after each cycle to sanitize it, and it's discolored but hey - what do I care? It still works!

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've found that if you scrub your cup with baking soda at the end of each cycle, it takes a lot of the stain out. I was also wondering if soaking it with denture tabs might get rid of the stains, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Okay my diva is about 3 years old and i want a new one. i'm checking out http://menstrualcups.wordpress.com/2008 ... d-ratings/ and leaning towards the meluna because it has a large capacity one, but i'm not sure. also they ship from europe and i'm getting my period any day and was hoping to have it sooner than i imagine it would get here, but with the exchange rate it seems to be only $28 including shipping? that's kind of amazing.

anyone convert from a diva to a different cup?

i'll be rereading the thread.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 am 

okay nevermind - lunette for $26 + $5 shipping on green deals. http://www.lunette.com/index.php?id=18 wth, right? :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

appifanie wrote:
okay nevermind - lunette for $26 + $5 shipping on green deals. http://www.lunette.com/index.php?id=18 wth, right? :)

That's exactly what I did. :) It got here yesterday, and I got my period today. What timing!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

ScooterDiva wrote:
I've found that if you scrub your cup with baking soda at the end of each cycle, it takes a lot of the stain out. I was also wondering if soaking it with denture tabs might get rid of the stains, too.

THANK YOU. Mine has been heavily stained, I really didn't want anyone to see it because it looked so dirty ( although I cleaned it very carefully both during my cycle and in between as well as boiling). I just couldn't get it to come off! But I tried baking soda and an old tooth brush, and now it's almost as new.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Epicurvegan wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:
AutumnVegan wrote:
I'm flying tomorrow and almost tempted to opt for the body scan to make them wonder what the fork is in my vagina. But the fact they can see all that is too creepy.

I had the bodyscan thingy done with one in and they never questioned me at all...wonder if it even shows up.

Well, hopefully they can't - I wondered about that since I've given up on the cloth re-usable pads and only use the Diva Cup now. Imagine having to yank that thing out in front of a bunch of TSA officers and explaining it. Not a pretty scene at all.

I recently was forced to toss out a brand new, unopened container of hummus when I was boarding a flight to the US. Hummus bomb! Seriously, that's what they thought. I can't imagine what they might think the Diva Cup is, especially with a semi-bullet-like shape...

I wonder if anyone ever tired to smuggle drugs using a menstrual cup. Better than swallowing a balloon and pooping it out!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

dropscone -

I got my first diva cup after giving birth twice. I'm also 36, so I got the larger size. I've had no problems with leakage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I bought a Ladycup a few months ago (thanks to the PPK, of course) and holy shiitake, I love this thing. This is the first time in my life that I've found having my period to be remotely bearable. No leaks, no dramas getting it in or out, and it's so comfortable that the other night I almost went to bed without emptying it first because I'd forgotten that I was even using it.

Only downside was the one time I tried the punch-down thing and it popped open so... enthusiastically that it was like getting punched in the vagina from the inside. I nearly fell over in the shower. I guess that one's not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

my other forum (hair related, but has it's own "off-topic" board) just closed another divacup thread, because people dont want to read about it. I immediately thought, can there be tmi on the ppk? i think not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 am 
Smuggling Raisins

pannkakan wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

THANK YOU. Mine has been heavily stained, I really didn't want anyone to see it because it looked so dirty ( although I cleaned it very carefully both during my cycle and in between as well as boiling). I just couldn't get it to come off! But I tried baking soda and an old tooth brush, and now it's almost as new.

Yes, thank you for this, ScooterDiva! I've had mine for about 7 years and, although I usually add some baking soda to the water when boiling it, I never thought about scrubbing. It made quite a difference, and I wish I'd known about it sooner!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 am 

starrynight87 wrote:
appifanie wrote:

That's exactly what I did. :) It got here yesterday, and I got my period today. What timing!

lucky! how is it? mine came when it was almost over so i'm waiting until next time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am 
Bathes in Braggs

The funniest thing (at least to me, anyway.) I had to go up a size after having my baby... but I had a cesarean. Even though I was fully dilated for an hour or two, I thought that since I didn't actually have the whole action of a baby passing through me, everything would just go back to normal. Apparently not! Our bodies are pretty weird/amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jerusha wrote:
my other forum (hair related, but has it's own "off-topic" board) just closed another divacup thread, because people dont want to read about it.

wow. then the squeamish don't have to click on it? i mean, that kind of freaks me out, a little bit. girls have periods. sheesh. (not your fault, i know! just venting.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:52 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I've used a Diva Cup for about seven years. Even though I was a virgin when I ordered mine, I got the larger size--- so I could use the same cup until menopause even if I had children. I figured 2/16" wasn't going to make a difference, and (for me) it hasn't.

When my cup starts looking dingy, I leave it in a cup of diluted hydrogen peroxide for a day or two. Works like a charm.

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 am 

I'm having a tough time getting the lunette in comfortably - is there a breaking in period I've forgotten about?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Possibly... But some cups are stiffer than others. I have a few different cups to switch up for comfort, and I think my DivaCup is much squishier than my Lunette. You might have to just get used to using a stiffer cup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:35 am 

thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I think the Lunette is on the stiffer end, at least compared to the UK Mooncup. I don't have a problem inserting the large size (no kids, under 30, but I have menorrhagia so a small one wasn't cutting it), but I think you have to get the hang of how to squish and angle it compared to a narrower, softer cup. I've wondered whether I should get a softer large one because it can sometimes tilt and leak a bit when I'm not upright.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 pm 

okay we're doing better now! it was definitely harder to keep it squished and that was part of my problem. i have a large too. my diva had started to leak on me more and it kept drifting out of place so that's why i wanted to replace it. i'll try a different kind next time! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

starry wrote:
dropscone -

I got my first diva cup after giving birth twice. I'm also 36, so I got the larger size. I've had no problems with leakage.

Thanks starry. I cut all the stem off and my old cup still seems leakproof, it just drops now and then, which can be a bit uncomfortable. I am going to do more pelvic floor exercises and give it another couple of cycles before I give up on it and get the larger one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:28 am 

the lunette worked great overnight but i just couldn't get it back in right this morning so i'm using the diva. i guess the lunette is just too stiff for me. sad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm 

okay the lunette and i are friends now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next