| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ducky wrote:
I had my first real baby kick last night! It actually shocked the crepe out of me since I've just been having the little baby rumblings and popcorn feelings up until now. I'll be 20 weeks on Monday, but I am pretty sure I have anterior placenta, so I thought I would feel movement later on.

Has anyone had super itchy skin while pregnant? My skin is so unbearably itchy on my arms and legs that I'm just covered in these super gross red bumps and scabs from scratching until my skin bleeds. ick. My doctor didn't seem very concerned, but it is driving me insane.

My belly was super itchy. I bet if it was winter I would have been a lot itchier, since I've already got dry skin that gets itchy as it is. Lotion lotion lotion!

Then I had a rash for a couple weeks that nearly drove me insane with itchiness. I had red bumps with that. Thank god it went away on it's own. The doctors never really figured out what it was either - they guessed contact dermititis from some unknown cause. I know it is hard but try not to scratch! I scratched mine a ton in my sleep though - I'd wake up scratching myself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:23 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Yeah! I totally keep waking myself scratching and it's so hard to stop. It gets really bad when I'm taking a shower too. I'm trying not to scratch and using tons of lotion and anti-itch cream, I think I will try to find a really nice fragrance-free lotion at Whole Foods tomorrow. thanks for the advice!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Just had my 36 week appointment and my first cervical check--ouch! I know they say not to put too much stock in those, but I was so happy to hear that my cervix is completely closed (though starting to thin). I don't feel ready! I want 4-6 more weeks! The doctor said the baby's head is low in my pelvis--does that mean he's "dropped?" And, if his head is low in my pelvis and he is still kicking me in the ribs, does that mean I have a 30-inch baby giant?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

congrats on being closed up, mitten! i think even if your babe has dropped it's still pretty easy to get some good jabs into your ribs. even a short baby has to mostly curl themselves up to fit in there with all your organs, fluid, etc.

my belly feels so achy and stretched out. i cannot believe i have almost 3 more months of growing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

i always was excited to know if I had any progress, but just an FYI since you said it hurt, you can decline them!

you are so close!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Ditto the itchy skin. I thought maybe I had reinfected myself with poison ivy from my pants. I want to scratch my legs off! My skin always feels flakiest right after I shower.

For a looooong time, my ONLY daydream was of going to a salon by myself. When I finally did manage it, I was like, do whatever you want to my hair, just don't scream at me, vomit on me, or gnaw on my boobs. - coldandsleepy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I was wondering, I am almost at 16 weeks. When am I going to feel this little bugger kicking?! Also, when did you guys start showing? For awhile I had bloated belly which turned into a little pouch. I've gained about six pounds so far but considering I can suck it in, I can't blame it on the baby!

For a looooong time, my ONLY daydream was of going to a salon by myself. When I finally did manage it, I was like, do whatever you want to my hair, just don't scream at me, vomit on me, or gnaw on my boobs. - coldandsleepy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I felt babymitten moving at 20 weeks. It didn't feel like kicking, but exactly like popcorn popping in my belly. It's hard to distinguish from gas at first; I finally realized it was the baby when I felt the sensation after not eating for several hours. At maybe 28 weeks I could distinguish arms, legs, and rolling over. It was several weeks before my husband could feel anything from the outside. Now he is so big we can see him moving.

I didn't look pregnant until I started wearing maternity dresses around 24 weeks. If I had kept wearing yoga pants and baggy teeshirts, probably no one would have known I was pregnant until well into the third trimester. I just happen to carry weight on my tummy normally, so the baby bump didn't look out of place. I could tell the difference in my shape around 20-21 weeks, but no one else could until I started on maternity clothes. Some kids at school didn't realize I was pregnant until a couple of weeks ago (mind you they are 5, and pretty oblivious).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 am 
Bathes in Braggs

same as mittenmacher here. i actually interviewed for a job around 24 weeks and no-one had any idea. around 30 weeks i really got a nice round belly that stuck out... that was when i started getting seats on the bus and whatnot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

With my first pregnancy it took forever for me to show. When one of my neighbors saw us with a baby Reno one day she said she had no idea i was pregnant.

Now i'm almost 14 weeks and i'm HUGE already. My belly popped at around 10 weeks. Its insane. No one but our immediate family knows we are having another baby yet and my husband is finally agreeing that we have to start telling people because I just can't hide it anymore.

My lovely daughter is now quite fond of saying "Mommy, your belly is getting REALLY REALLY BIG!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:06 am 

with my first pregnancy i definitely couldn't feel anything until around 20 wks. i remember getting an 18wk u/s, and i could see the baby move all over and couldn't feel a lick of it. i gained weight but didn't look distinctly pregnant until around 25-26 wks. before that i just looked like i had a raging beer gut. it was definitely not baby shaped at all.

the second time around everything has happened much sooner.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:02 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm in my 18th week now and I've started really showing in the last week. Between my belly growing and my boobs going up two cup sizes I am finding my t-shirts are definitely getting too small!
I'm not sure if I'm feeling the baby move yet. I keep thinking I do but I then again I have constant gas so it could just be that. I can't really tell at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:41 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I started shooing so much earlier with Zelda. At least to me. Other people probably just thought I was gaining weight. My belly and weight were the same at 7 months with zel as they were at 9 months with Henry. Crazy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:54 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Yeah I showed a lot earlier with #2 than with #1. Henry said I was getting a big tummy quite a lot before he knew their was a sibling on the way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wasn't obvious-to-strangers showing until around 25 weeks, I think. I can't remember when I started to feel definitive movements. Maybe 20-ish weeks? I should have written stuff down.

My baby shower was today. My wonderful best friend threw it and it was so completely lovely. She had a ton of food and all of it was vegan (she even went to Sidecar to get specialty stuff, like coconut-covered Sweet & Sara marshmallows!). All my friends and family were so sweet and generous and excited. I'm almost crying thinking about how lucky I feel to have such kind people in my life (and soon to be in Baby Pinko's life). It was such a fun day!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Speaking of starting to show...two people offered me seats on the subway yesterday! Craziness.

Awww...it's sounds like such a nice baby shower Pinko!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:26 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

I had one of my library patrons ask if I was expecting at 15 weeks, which I was pretty shocked by. I think that I was more bloated than actually showing and wearing a kind of unflattering sweater. I would say I was definitely showing by 18 or 19 weeks, but I gained a ton of weight early in my pregnancy so I'm not sure if that was an influence.

Pinko, that sounds like a wonderful baby shower! I'm super jealous.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 am 
Semen Strong

JENNA wrote:
My belly popped at around 10 weeks. Its insane. No one but our immediate family knows we are having another baby yet and my husband is finally agreeing that we have to start telling people because I just can't hide it anymore.

My lovely daughter is now quite fond of saying "Mommy, your belly is getting REALLY REALLY BIG!"

I love Reno! And I am completely dying to come home and see you and your belly <3 <3 <3 Squeee!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Pinko, that sounds wonderful!

Here is a belleh picture from this morning (37 weeks):

He's getting big!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 am 
Semen Strong

Mittenmacher you look amazing <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:35 pm 
And you never will.

I love belleh pictures! This thread is making me miss being pregnant. That is not so good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

what a great belleh!!

yay for a good shower! they seem to be hit or miss here on the playground. i am glad it was a great one!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Adorable, mitten! And I like your dog and your wall color. :)

We've been terrible about taking belly pictures, but someone took this one of me at my shower. (Talking with my hands, of course.) 33 weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:06 am 

omg, multiple belly pictures! you ladies look lovely.

i wanted a new belly pic earlier in the week, but no one was around and my first born hid my camera's gorillapod. so, here's a crappy "at arm's length" pic.

29 wks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Pinko wrote:
Adorable, mitten! And I like your dog and your wall color. :)

Thanks! We just finished painting our dining room. There was pastel pink wallpaper in there before.

We have also been terrible about taking pictures. The change seems so gradual to me, but I was surprised when I looked back at my 27 week pictures and saw how small I was!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 311  Next