| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toronto
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:18 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Man, I am so sad to leave this city with its wealth of purely vegan restaurants and shops where I can buy anything I want.

I'm heading down to Savannah, Georgia for about a year, and it looks like I'll have to do lot of cooking (checked out the Savannah forum, and it wasn't promising). I may not have taken advantage of all our vegan bakeries, ice cream parlours, inventive sandwich shops, dim sum and Ethiopian restaurants, but there is comfort in knowing I can eat vegan, no matter what I crave, and someone else can make it well. Now I'm going to have to do it all myself. Good thing I love cooking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yikes, that's going to be a hard transition. We are pretty spoiled in Toronto. Sometimes I fantasize about moving to a really remote location and, you know, being all one with nature, but leaving behind such great vegan eats (and vegans!) would be a major obstacle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm going to be in you in two days! So excited!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Does anyone go to Bunner's bakery? I checked out their website and I'd like to go even though it is a bit far from my house! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm 

I'm having a hard time finding out what places in Toronto use vegan tattoo ink. I've been in contact with a shop I'm really interested in and they just aren't. getting. back. to me. What are your favourites? I'm into trad and neo-trad style work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I think Yonge Street Tattoos uses vegan ink? Maybe? I've heard?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm 
Dildo Queen

does hot beans still have vegan donuts? i haven't been in a while

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

semiautomatic wrote:
does hot beans still have vegan donuts? i haven't been in a while

They don't unfortunately. However, Sadie's juice bar next door has lately been getting doughnuts from Rise Above on Thursdays. Tori's, the new vegan bakeshop in the Beach, also has doughnuts (as well as all kinds of delicious amazingness).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 am 
Dildo Queen

thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:01 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

We're meeting some friends for dinner this weekend and were wondering if anyone could recommend a vegan friendly restaurant downtown (bay/bloor/college area). I was thinking of veg haven, but I read somewhere that they don't serve drinks which is a bit of a bummer. Do you know of any good ethnic restaurants? Thai, Vietnamese, Middle eastern, Sushi?
Also, do you know of any good pubs or bars that aren't too noisy? thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am 
Saggy Butt

Bunner's is delish, loolie. I'm going again on the weekend, because I just discovered that they sell freshly baked loaves of gluten-free, vegan bread and I MUST HAVE SOME. (Also some cupcakes.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I totally drove past Toronto last night! :D!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 pm 
Huffs Nooch

joshua wrote:
I totally drove past Toronto last night! :D!

You scamp! You totally had me there for a second.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

terri_to wrote:
Bunner's is delish, loolie. I'm going again on the weekend, because I just discovered that they sell freshly baked loaves of gluten-free, vegan bread and I MUST HAVE SOME. (Also some cupcakes.)

Thanks! :) I think I'm going to check it out next week. I told my friend that I heard they had vegan cream eggs for Easter and she freaked out and said we have to go. Yay! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am 
WELFARIST!

Speculoos in Toronto: There are currently three jars of Speculoos on the shelf in the McEwan food store at the Shops at Don Mills (Don Mills & Lawrence) for anyone interested. They're in the section where they carry the nut butters (beside the nutella). I didn't actually buy any but now I'm curious. I think the jar was around $8 or $9 which sounds pricey maybe but it's cheaper than a trip to The Netherlands! Speculoos in Toronto. Woo!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 am 

Pearl Harbor Gift Shop (tattoo place in Kensington) is doing my broccoli tattoo. They don't always use vegan inks, but they knew what makes ink not vegan and they said they are happy to use vegan ink on customers at their request. Woo!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

seitanicverses wrote:
Speculoos in Toronto: There are currently three jars of Speculoos on the shelf in the McEwan food store at the Shops at Don Mills (Don Mills & Lawrence) for anyone interested. They're in the section where they carry the nut butters (beside the nutella). I didn't actually buy any but now I'm curious. I think the jar was around $8 or $9 which sounds pricey maybe but it's cheaper than a trip to The Netherlands! Speculoos in Toronto. Woo!

I had no idea what Speculoos is and had to look it up...and now I am intrigued! It sounds like it could be pretty yummy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

loolie wrote:
terri_to wrote:

Thanks! :) I think I'm going to check it out next week. I told my friend that I heard they had vegan cream eggs for Easter and she freaked out and said we have to go. Yay! :)

Tori's Bakeshop also has vegan cream eggs - they are delish!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

annamal wrote:

I will have to go here as well - I probably missed out on the vegan cream eggs if I go later this week as its after Easter now, but I'd love to try their other yummy looking treats! It is too bad that I don't know of any vegan bakeshops out in Mississauga/Milton area as that is way closer for me. I go to Kindfood when I'm visiting the Hamilton/Dundas/Burlington area as that's where I'm from and where most of my friends still live....highly recommended :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 am 

loolie wrote:
annamal wrote:

I will have to go here as well - I probably missed out on the vegan cream eggs if I go later this week as its after Easter now, but I'd love to try their other yummy looking treats! It is too bad that I don't know of any vegan bakeshops out in Mississauga/Milton area as that is way closer for me. I go to Kindfood when I'm visiting the Hamilton/Dundas/Burlington area as that's where I'm from and where most of my friends still live....highly recommended :)

If you're out hamilton way, there is a coffee shop on Ottawa st called Sestres. They have vegan pastries. Their pastries are very eastern european, dense and sweet, and very delicious! http://www.sestrespastries.com/
There is also a new bakery on Dundurn St called Cake & Loaf http://cakeandloaf.ca/ . I haven't made it there yet, but it looks like they have some vegan sweets & savouries.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

loolie wrote:
annamal wrote:

I tried some of Kindfood's goodies at the bake-off and at the TVA's Veggie Food Fest - omg, the mile-high brownie! SO good! One day I hope to actually make it out there :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:36 pm 

von m wrote:
loolie wrote:
annamal wrote:

If you're out hamilton way, there is a coffee shop on Ottawa st called Sestres. They have vegan pastries. Their pastries are very eastern european, dense and sweet, and very delicious! http://www.sestrespastries.com/
There is also a new bakery on Dundurn St called Cake & Loaf http://cakeandloaf.ca/ . I haven't made it there yet, but it looks like they have some vegan sweets & savouries.

I forgot to mention Mulberry Street Coffee House on James St North (across from the Armouries). It's a gorgeous cafe. They have a few Vegan items, but I've only tried the Chocolate cookie and the Coconut macaroons which are to die for.

Quote:
annamal wrote:
I tried some of Kindfood's goodies at the bake-off and at the TVA's Veggie Food Fest - omg, the mile-high brownie! SO good! One day I hope to actually make it out there :)

It's worth the trip! Their baked goods are amazing. I'm a sucker for their quinoa rice crispy squares!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 am 
Dildo Queen

now that panacea is closed, where can i find sheese? specifically, smoked cheddar sheese? :( :( i want to have a wine and cheese afternoon with my boyfriend....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 am 
Huffs Nooch

semiautomatic wrote:
now that panacea is closed, where can i find sheese? specifically, smoked cheddar sheese? :( :( i want to have a wine and cheese afternoon with my boyfriend....

I can't say for sure that they'd have smoked cheddar, but I've seen Sheese at Fiesta Farms.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 28  Next