| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VER-MONT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

So I am moving to Vermont in a week. I will be in Townshend, a tiny asparagus town with less than 2000 people. Are there some great places in the area? What should I eat, drink, see or do? Brattleboro looks interesting. Is anyone from that area? I don't know how much time I will have for fun/exploring, but what should I know??

Post subject: Re: VER-MONT
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:45 pm 
Nailed to the V

I haven't lived in Brattleboro since 2009, but I went to college in that area and lived in town in Bratt for about a year and a half of that time. I liked it! I'm currently planning my first trip to visit there since I moved and I'm so excited! Lots of vegan friendly stuff and a crazy high per-capita of used bookstores and art galleries (it definitely is a destination spot for leaf peepers from NYC and other parts of the northeast and east coast during the fall.) Brattleboro and also lots of other small towns in VT have awesome food coops and farmer's markets. I also miss taking walks up Mt Wantastiquet, just over the river in NH. I never went but always wanted to go to the annual Garlic Festival in Wilmington.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm outside of Burlington - way north of you. I went to a nice little restaurant in downtown Rutland that has some vegan options, and there was a natural foods store next door. But that still may be too far from you. Holler if you ever come up north!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

My family has a place in Pittsfield a tiny tiny little town about an hour and a half north of you, population 400! Brattleboro is awesome, I haven't been there in a year or so, so I'm not a huge help other than to say Burlington is super veg friendly as is Rutland which is in my area. I just love Vt! Have fun exploring they have some awesome shops and it looks like a few places to eat. I also need to look up the garlic festival.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

I know Bennington also has a garlic festival. I think it's Labor Day weekend. Blue Benn Diner is iconic, and is also in Bennington. There is also a huge apple festival not farm from Brattleboro, but we've never been. I forget the name of the town.

If you travel further North, check out my blog for places to eat. We love Vermont! Happy moving.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]