| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I hate pretty much all cardio workouts, because to me cardio should be fun. Weights don't have to be fun, because you kind of don't have a choice in how you get the results, aka muscles, you want. You can do a hojillion things for cardio, so it should be something you like! Brian wants me to try C25K and...I hate running. Running is not fun for me. Running hurts. I like riding my bike, riding my bike only hurts my crotch.

I also pretty much hate running, but I'm already growing really fond of c25k. I think it's because I have to spend so much time inside (school, working on school stuff, etc.) that being outside helps my mood. I've been finding myself strangely excited on my run days. Granted, at this point I've not ran more than 60 seconds at a time...I'll let you know if my enthusiasm holds up when I get further in. Either way, if you haven't tried it, it's worth giving it a go for a week, I'm minimally sore.

I'm hoping between doing running and light strength training I can get back up to p90x...right now I can get through the workouts fine but each day I do sends me into several days of serious exhaustion.

I was actually wandering in here to ask if ab ripper is okay to do on it's own...I don't know enough about muscle groups to know whether it's balanced enough without the rest of the X.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 pm 
Hip Goiter

I don't see why you couldn't do ab ripper on its own! I mean as long as you don't do it more than maybe 3 times a week?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

turbofire IS fun!!!! How can you not like a cardio workout that plays run dmc, parliament funkadelics, and salt n pepa? It has "Boom I Got Yo Boyfriend"! Just me?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:00 pm 
Hip Goiter

It does sound so fun! I love that music. But are the workouts short? The video I watched made it seem like they were shorter than Insanity.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm 

The longest workout is 55 minutes. From what Ive seen, the longest of the advanced dvd is 60 minutes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:09 pm 

So yeah? There are HIIT workouts too and the longest HIIT workout is 30 minutes, but again thats if you get the complete series.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh ok that's normal. Mommahass made it seem like they were 15 minutes or so. I still think I want to try Insanity next and then Turbofire maybe after that. Look at me I'm acting like I don't have 11 more weeks of this P90X round left haha oh boyyyy.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm 

its fine! I'd hate for you to get something and then hate it. So when are you officially done? Im getting Insanity after this!

Last edited by phee on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm 
Hip Goiter

I wasn't exaggerating, 11 more weeks! I just started a new round (and I'm gonna do doubles...well I'm gonna try). What about you? Maybe we can help each other through Insanity!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:00 pm 
Hip Goiter

So I'm just sitting here watching 30 Rock reruns on comedy central, and there's a P90X commercial on! I've never seen just a regular commercial for it! It flashed clips of Dominic and Pam in plyo and I honestly said out loud 'mah friends!' I'm a nut. I have spent wayyy too much time with these people.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

that's awesome :D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm really bummed. I had gotten to the last day of the 4th week of Insanity and did something to fork up my hip. I had been so disciplined! Now I have to take a break. I'm not sure where I should start up again, but I guess that depends how much longer I need to rest it. Boo!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 am 
Hip Goiter

It's really hard to do plyo when you have a cold! It took an extra 15-20 minutes bc I kept pausing it to try to breathe. So much worse than normal!
I hope your hip gets better mel c. I have some hip issues from college so I don't even try doing things like frog bc I know I'll hurt it. It sucks always worrying about it. hugs!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Day 11 for me! I had gained 3 lbs by the end of week 1, but I didn't let it deter me this time (first time I tried P90X, I quit after day 4 because I had gained smh). Stuck to it, got 2.5 lbs off by Day 9. Added a 2 mile run after shoulders, arms & ab ripper yesterday... Lost another pound! And I felt amazing on my run! Yay.

I promise I'm not a bot! My birthday is June 10th. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:02 am 
Hip Goiter

What supplements/recovery drinks/protein powders do you guys use? I'm sure it has been discussed but I couldn't find it so I apologize. I just always thought, I eat well, I'll eat even better, I don't need that stuff. But now I think I do. I'm thinking of getting Vega? I've tried sample powders and I love it in my green smoothies. I just want to know if it's necessary or if there are better options. Thanks!

Deedah I hope I have the same experience! I don't weigh myself but my thighs have gotten much bigger. I read on the beachbody forums that the lean routine isn't so much more weight loss, but it's leaner in the sense that women often report larger thighs after classic! I was like OH MAN. Come on. But I'm going to stick with what I'm doing (doubles). Hopefully I'll lose the fat in my thighs so it'll still be an improvement, but I can already feel my inner thighs getting more muscular and it's like my thighs are fighting each other when I walk. Dayum.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Randi, I use Nutribiotic Rice Protein powder, both vanilla and plain. I use the vanilla one when I'm making a shake with frozen bananas. Plain when I'm using other fruits. I make a recovery drink of 8 oz coconut water (electrolytes), 1 scoop green superfood powder, 1 scoop (or 2, depending on the workout) rice protein powder, and frozen fruits (whatever kind I have on hand, enough to fill the coconut water). I picked up a few protein bars, and while Clif bars aren't the healthiest in terms of using soy protein isolate in a lot of them, they do get me through my workouts without me being lightheaded. So I take that as a win!

I've heard a bit about folks using a pea/rice protein combination. You can look into that as well.

And oh man! I'm hoping my thighs don't get bigger! They're big enough! Lol. Maybe running in conjunction with P90X will help me avoid bigger thighs. I'm currently doing the Classic program, because I read that Lean was more for leaning out a physique that's already quite muscular. I have very little muscle definition, so this was not me! My thighs have been fighting each other since I was 12! Lol. I doubt they'll ever stop, but they can definitely NOT jiggle when I walk! Haha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Also, be careful with Clif bars. If you go on their site, you can select vegan and it will show you all the bars that are suitable. The Builder bars all appear to be vegan and have 20g protein per bar. I like to have one an hour to an hour and a half before a workout. It keeps me full (satisfied) and energized!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
Hip Goiter

Thanks deedah! And I'm sure you will be fine; I just had huge thighs to begin with haha. I'm running a little too, like on the weight training days but just alternating minutes with walking on the treadmill.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm 

Today was the first day of week 6, so Im about half way there! Im getting insanity after this, and I MIGHT redo turbofire, but get the advanced dvds to tack on at the end? I dont know, I just need something to take me back threw the colder months

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm 

nutribiotic vanilla rice is my favorite too and i used to use 1 tbsp of that in apple juice as a recovery drink

3 days into chalean extreme (take 3 i think). trying harder than usual and sorer than usual.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

HA! Jezebel ranks the P90X cast.
http://jezebel.com/5897580/ranking-the- ... st-to-best

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm 
Hip Goiter

studio wrote:

Omg I seriously just laughcried through that whole thing. THAT WAS PERFECTION!!! All the lines we know so well, all the thoughts we have about our friends. It was so dead-on! Dom and his boinging, Katie and her corn cobs, Adam not flinching when Tony says Add em, Pam my idol. This was amazing!!! Love it. And yeah Tony definitely uses that 'you make gumby look like the tin man' line on Shauna and Adam in dif videos! And the 'diamonds of gold' makes me laugh every time. I'm like hey Tony, you know regular diamonds are more valuable than gold ones?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 am 

big win for #17 for ragging on scotty fifer AND for saying "for shame" which is a phrase I love.

okay, this is the best p90x thing ever.

"In other news, I can't always do anything for thirty seconds, even if I put my mind to it. Although, if it's resting and drinking water, I certainly have that down."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

The best is Audra! I mean it's all the best but in this minute that one is my favorite. It's so true! She's in the most watched and the longest videos, yet she's completely unidentifiable to me. Booooring.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 am 
So Totally Yiffy

The Jezebel article was hilarious! I loved the breaks... "Don't go getting a Krispy Kreme!" Lol. Tony cracks me up with that. And I totally agree with Pam the Blam being number one. She silently kills every exercise and even when she's doing the modified versions, you know it's only to help out the viewers lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 82  Next