| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've wondered about the timeline too, especially since everyone's families are there. Seems like from blind auditions to the end of the battle rounds can't realistically take more than a week, if that many people are going to be hanging out in LA.

That last battle was so awesome! Love both of those guys, but I knew she'd pick the guy with the story. Better TV and all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Is anyone else playing the 5th coach fb game?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:28 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I haven't had a chance to watch all of last nights episode yet, but I have to call bullshiitake on Blake not ever hearing Nirvana's Heart-Shaped Box before. I just don't buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

gaia13 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to watch all of last nights episode yet, but I have to call bullshiitake on Blake not ever hearing Nirvana's Heart-Shaped Box before. I just don't buy it.

I believe that he didn't think he had heard it, because they totally screwed it up! It was hardly recognizable. (or maybe he's actually never heard the song, which is sad)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:24 pm 
Dead by dawn

allychristine wrote:
gaia13 wrote:

I believe that he didn't think he had heard it, because they totally screwed it up! It was hardly recognizable. (or maybe he's actually never heard the song, which is sad)

I think it's possible that he's never heard it. There are about a billion country songs I've never heard. It's also entirely possible that he just didn't recognize it because they did such bad things to it. The upside was that I listened to it two or three times through afterwards. Properly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

monkeytoes wrote:
allychristine wrote:
gaia13 wrote:

I think it's possible that he's never heard it. There are about a billion country songs I've never heard. It's also entirely possible that he just didn't recognize it because they did such bad things to it. The upside was that I listened to it two or three times through afterwards. Properly.

As did I!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm 
Saggy Butt

I wasn't impressed with any of the choices last night. I'm starting to feel like I did last season, they picked songs for one of the singers' strengths, not something both could/should sing. Like they knew the one they wanted to win before they sang.

And I'm sure if Blake were to hear the song properly, he'd at least recognize it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i was bummed about several of the picks last night, but i do love lindsey and jamar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Liz_D wrote:
I wasn't impressed with any of the choices last night. I'm starting to feel like I did last season, they picked songs for one of the singers' strengths, not something both could/should sing. Like they knew the one they wanted to win before they sang.

This.

I didn't watch last season, but this year I've seen all of the episodes so far, and after this past Monday's battles, I gotta wonder a little.

Very disappointed Angie didn't make it to the live shows. Of the ones who made it so far, I like Juliet, Lindsay, Charlotte, and especially Jamar, whom I'd like to see win.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 am 
Saggy Butt

I wish I hadn't heard about this, now I'm hooked! There's a UK version starting in a couple of weeks too so that's more for me to watch. Although it won't be the same without Blake Shelton for me to drool over!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I felt so bad for that kid who lost to Jamar (whose name I can't remember). I mean, I like Jamar and he clearly won that battle, but the other guy was so sweet and when he started crying afterward and saying that maybe he was meant to lose so that Jamar could win, I wanted to give him a big hug and invite him over for dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

elouise wrote:
I felt so bad for that kid who lost to Jamar (whose name I can't remember). I mean, I like Jamar and he clearly won that battle, but the other guy was so sweet and when he started crying afterward and saying that maybe he was meant to lose so that Jamar could win, I wanted to give him a big hug and invite him over for dinner.

yeah, that guy was pretty awesome. They both seem like great guys!

I do not like Charlotte's personality, and her voice is a bit much, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm 

elouise wrote:

Jamie was cool. I teared up a bit when he started crying afterwards.

allychristine wrote:
I do not like Charlotte's personality, and her voice is a bit much, as well.

I'm a bit stumped by her. I hate her voice and hated it from the very beginning. I don't get what the judges hear in her that's so great, although I'm not really a top-40/pop person. Mainly it's the fake accent thing she has going on that bugs me, but when they did that behind the scenes stuff, I kinda wanted to slap her.

Now that I've had a chance to watch all of this week's episode, I was a little let down. Some strange pairings, and really nobody blew me away. I felt a little bad for the girl who sang with Kim since originally all 4 judges turned around for her and Adam said she could win the whole thing and then, bam she's out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Out of the people chosen so far (how are we still in battle rounds?! What has it been, a month?), I like Katrina Parker, Juliet Simms, and Jordis Unga. For the most part I thought the talented contestants were chosen, but then there was that mess that was "What's Love Got to Do With It," where I didn't like either contestant and one was just ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 am 
Huffs Nooch

queenofpainting wrote:
there was that mess that was "What's Love Got to Do With It," where I didn't like either contestant and one was just ridiculous.

That was REALLY weird. I feel like Cee-lo's team is the weakest so far.

I really like the girl with the beautiful, curly red hair who went last. I felt really bad for her...I noticed the show was dedicated to her father, so I assume he passed. She did an awesome job, though. I love her voice...and her hair!

Has anyone else noticed that the judges have worn the same clothes for the past three weeks? What's up with that?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am 

queenofpainting wrote:
For the most part I thought the talented contestants were chosen, but then there was that mess that was "What's Love Got to Do With It," where I didn't like either contestant and one was just ridiculous.

Yeah, what the hell was that? I admit I would've picked the brothers just because the girl sounded like a dying animal to me. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard, but since Cee Lo is such a perv, I kinda feel like her outfit may have had something to do with why he picked her. Both were atrocious, though.

Bella Luna wrote:
I really like the girl with the beautiful, curly red hair who went last. I felt really bad for her...I noticed the show was dedicated to her father, so I assume he passed. She did an awesome job, though. I love her voice...and her hair!

Has anyone else noticed that the judges have worn the same clothes for the past three weeks? What's up with that?

She really surprised me last night and I'm happy she made it through. As for the judges clothing, I read somewhere that the battle rounds all take place on the same day.

Next week is the final battle rounds, correct? It feels like we've been doing this for forking ever, and if they'd cut some of the sob story/background stuff, we'd have been to live shows already and that's what I watch for. I dvr'd last nights ep and watched the whole thing in 35 min by just watching the songs and follow-up comments.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am 
Huffs Nooch

yes, apparently next week is the last episode before the live shows.

I am surprised that all of the battles take place on the same day. That's got to be one long helluva day! And you'd think they have to do it in order, because when they re-group with the judges to discuss who will be in the next battle, the person who recently lost the battle is no longer in the group. So I'm curious as to how they pull it off... the judges tell their groups who the next battle will be (wearing one set of clothes), then they do the coaching with each contestant who is going to be in the battle (another pair of clothes) then the battle happens (another pair of clothes) and then it's back to re-grouping with remaining contenstants to discuss the next battle and they put the first pair of clothes back on...?! I know that can't be right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am 

Bella Luna, my guess is that they do all of the pairings at once, and once you're paired w/someone you go offscreen-Clothing choice #1. Then they do all the coaching stuff on another couple of days(clothing choice #2). Finally they do all the battle rounds on a final day(clothing choice #3). Honestly, though, I have no idea. I watch mainly for the band, Cee Lo and his cat, and to see Xtina's ott-ness(which she has toned down a ton this season).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

right, just the performances are all on one night. if you think about it, it's only 24 performances all together (48 contestants in pairs), and they're only like 90 seconds each, plus judging. it's like going to a concert with talking breaks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So mad that Erin won over the Shields brothers! She wasn't even really singing...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Team Blake is butchering "I'm Yours." Not cool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:03 am 

So the only pairing I really cared about last night was the final one. Someone tell me I wasn't alone in hoping Cee Lo would decide that he couldn't pick between the two of them and so they would both go to the live shows and that girl who beat the Shields Brothers(and whose name I can't remember) would be sent home instead.

I'm happy that my 3 fav's from the auditions all made it through, but I was sad when they were recapping last night and I heard Angie again. She should've made it through. I can see myself either ff a ton or muting the tv for a lot of these singers next week.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i feel like sooo many of the people i liked got sent home during battle rounds. boooo.

people still in it that i think i like: lindsey pavao, tony deluca, jamar rogers. maybe one or two more but otherwise i was really bummed about a LOT of the battle round decisions.

also, i know i am super late to this game, but robin thicke? YUM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Has anyone else noticed that when Robin Thicke speaks he sounds EXACTLY LIKE HIS DAD? I feel like I'm listening to Jason Seaver every time he talks. It's amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The Line girl had an awful attitude! So glad she picked Moses. I thought he was great. I think the choices this episode were pretty spot on, except I liked Justin more than Tony.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next