| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eat At Jumbo's - Somerville
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Guys! Have you had this place? http://eatatjumbos.com/

I am lucky enough to work with 2 vegetarians and a vegan and the rest of the office is super veg friendly so we have ordered here 3 times in the past month.

The first time we ordered, 4 of us got the Seitan Bomb and they were forking fantastic. We ordered them again about a week ago and it wasn't so great, I thought it was because I had been sick all day prior to eating it but two other people mentioned it not being as great. We are all in agreement that the seitan seemed a little undercooked. I'm still definitely going to order it again though!

Today a co-worker and I are splitting a jumbo vegan pizza with roasted potatoes and garlic, holy fork,its HUGE and amazing! Someone got some buffalo tofu tenders (we confirmed the sauce is vegan!), they are breaded and heavenly.

I am in love.

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Eat At Jumbo's - Somerville
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:24 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I've heard of it, but never tried it--sounds great though! Maybe when the weather is warmer I'll bike over.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've been wanting to try this place forever, but they don't deliver to my place and I never get out that far into Somerville. One of these days I'm gonna take the bus out there though. The tofu tenders look awesome as well.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

Usually they're great and deliver really fast but one time that I ordered, they didn't arrive until WAY later than they estimated and didn't have everything that we ordered so we had to wait for the other delivery guy to clock in and deliver the rest of our purchase to us. Then another time, they took what must have been over an hour and a half to deliver my pizza to me. I had to call up and ask where it was- I almost never do that. Somerville and Cambridge are not that far away! I didn't even order during rush hour!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Usually they're great and deliver really fast but one time that I ordered, they didn't arrive until WAY later than they estimated and didn't have everything that we ordered so we had to wait for the other delivery guy to clock in and deliver the rest of our purchase to us. Then another time, they took what must have been over an hour and a half to deliver my pizza to me. I had to call up and ask where it was- I almost never do that. Somerville and Cambridge are not that far away! I didn't even order during rush hour!

That sucks! We haven't had any issues with delivery yet. We always order between 11 and 12:30ish and have it delivered to the Fresh Pond part of Cambridge which I think is a mile or so further away from jumbo's than your place. Luckily they don't deliver to my apartment, otherwise I would order every night!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 am 
Flounceiad 2011

I'm at Tufts and it's literally at my feet; I just haven't got around to checking it out yet. That said, your description of the pizza may have ensured that will change very soon!

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've been meaning to try this place, and this thread reminded me, so mr bap is on his way now to pick up some takeout, I'll report back with the results! The guy on the phone said the staff is informed on what's vegan, which is always nice.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm pretty sure someone there, maybe the owner, is a vegan because they're looking for a location right now to set up an all vegan restaurant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Seitan bomb was yum and BBQ tenders were delicious, although weirdly saucy. Mr bap talked to the owner, apparently not vegan, but is in the market to open a vegan/vegetarian place, which would be awesome, I miss Pulse Cafe for cheapish fastish food.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm 
WELFARIST!

I ordered from them again today and this time they delivered really fast. One thing that I love about this place is that they don't skimp on the cheese at all. I swear they must use an entire bag of Daiya (which is fine because it seems like you almost pay for an entire bag).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I saw that place and made the faulty assumption that I didn't want to go in there. I will now be checking it out as soon as my schedule allows... it's a bit far on the T from me, but it would be an easy motorcycle ride over.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]