| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural - No Wincest Allowed!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Ms. Bicklebee and her assistant are both Buffy alum! She's the bug lady teacher and he's one of the cavedudes from Beer Bad.

THAT'S WHERE SHE'S FROM! I was trying to place her. That episode actually reminded me of Angel a little. At least, the bit with the ballerina.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

cas in sweaters is where it's at.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:10 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

New shirt!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 am 

DAMMIT RIPT. Their customer service blows and their sizing is inconsistent and that shirt is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

This show is so dead on its feet I don't even care that Cas is back. I am about to go all Nip/Tuck and pretend that Lucifer killed them all at the end of season five.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

YES, MBM! That is exactly what I told my sister the other day. I can't even be bothered to care about anything this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:41 pm 
Semen Strong

I've been trying to care, but I can't. It feels really phoned in. There are so many opportunities to get that trademark Supernatural humor, but it just hasn't come through. Its such a flat season without that sparkle.

I don't care about the leviathans, and I didn't care about the weird paranoid dude in the trailer. At this point the character with the most personality is Lucifer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

Mark Pellegrino makes any show that he's on better. I kind of want him to do a comedy because nothing is weirder/better than when someone who generally plays a creepy bad guy does comedy. Have you guys seen Raising Hope? The dad played a murderer/rapist, a terminator, and a back stabbing douche before that.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The PTB should watch Buffy to see how Joss Whedon did it. I've been watching season 7 of Buffy which was filmed NINE years ago and it's still far better than season 7 of SPN. I'm considering breaking up with Dean.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

The Cas episode disappointed me so much! It just fell apart when I thought about it. Plus, the writing was lazy (three scenes in a car!?).

But miles are varying on SPN S7 vs BtVS S7. Because I watched BtVS S7, and every week felt like a disappointment (with, like, 3 or 4 exceptions). I haven't felt quite that way about S7 of SPN.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:49 pm 

I think there's more emotion in the show Buffy and much more character arc than SPN. There hasn't been much character arc for Sam or Dean since season 5, in my opinion. Plus, there was stuff that happened in Buffy season 7 that I didn't expect like Potentials getting killed, Xander getting his eye poked out, Spike being the one who ultimately kills all the uber vamps, Anya getting sliced in two. The scene with Angel dropping by to give Buffy exactly what she needs to defeat the bad guys was lame. And we get Nathan Fillion. We know neither of the boys in SPN is going to lose a body part and we all knew Sam was going to somehow get Lucifer out of his head. Nothing is unexpected in SPN anymore. Buffy isn't a perfect show and there are some lame scenes and I disliked Kennedy. Just my opinion. And I had a Buffy marathon last week so this Buffy stuff is fresh in my head.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:14 pm 

Maybe Dean will start giving a moving speech each episode.

I think it's unfair to compare it to Buffy season 7 though, because they knew it was the last season so they packed in as much crazy stuff as they could. I mean, they keep killing people but that's just annoying. Every time I mention watching it, Brian asks me if they've brought Bobby back and I have to reply with, "No. :( :( :("

Overall, it's just boring. What happened this season? Cas blew up and jumped in a river and there was Death and Bobby died and these things are eating people and Meg II and some cool guest stars. I don't feel like the show itself has progressed. Also there has not been a single funny episode.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm 

If you watched last night episode you know the answer to the Bobby coming back question. In fact, we've known that answer for quite a while, just not which episode. With Buffy there was at least some didn't-see-that-coming life changing events. With SPN we know what's going to happen before it happens because it's become safe and predictable. We knew Sam was going to kill Emma by the first act. SPN is now predictable. The writers could have at least made it ambiguous whether Emma had some humanity in her, instead of another forgotten monster of the week. I could see that being a potential subplot of another one of Dean and Sam's rifts.

And it's been mentioned more than a few times that the writer's on SPN treat each season as if it's the last one.

I agree with you that the show is just boring and has no progression.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:31 pm 
Semen Strong

And there is never enough Jared screentime (lollerz!).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
And there is never enough Jared screentime (lollerz!).

rawr.

i didn't see it coming! bobbyrrific.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm not quite at the point where Supernatural is always tedious for me. I still have fun watching. This season brought me "There were hearts in my cupcakes!" if nothing else. Overall, I like it better than last season. I think the first two episodes (especially the first one) were really well done, as was Bobby's not-quite-death episode. The serial killer/demon episode was also pretty inventive for Supernatural (though I wish it had committed to a "Sam and Dean ruined someone's life" story). I think it's drawing on things it's already done too much, and I am never going to be happy with "there are only two characters on the show." But I'm resigned, I think. I do wish they'd give Cas an interesting arc instead of saying he makes things too easy and getting rid of him.

That said, I have near-zero interest in the Garth episode, so I haven't watched it. I watched Fringe, instead (and holy crepe did that show make me happy. Porcupine men with bat wings! Yesssss!).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 pm 

oh crepe i haven't watched the last 2 fringes! there are 4 shows on at the same time on friday's now that i like and i'm behind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 pm 

Peri wrote:
If you watched last night episode you know the answer to the Bobby coming back question.

Ha, I hadn't watched it yet, it's funny that I mention Brian teasing me and then Bobby appears. And of course this was a semi-funny episode. I love DJ Qualls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 am 

I don't think this would be an April Fool's joke. I hope not.

Sera Gamble stepping down as showrunner.
http://www.thewinchesterfamilybusiness. ... eally.html

I do like Jeremy Carver and what's he's done with the American version of Being Human.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 am 
Ninja Master

My computer is dying and so I stopped attempting to download new episodes, but I'm honestly not all that bothered. I'll just watch it when it eventually comes on TV here. This series has been disappointing.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am 

i'm pretty psyched sera is leaving.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am 

appifanie wrote:
i'm pretty psyched sera is leaving.

Me too. She really sucked the originality out of the show. I hope JC can make this show great to watch again.

On a different note. what the fizzle hulu and WB? You're down to the last two episodes of Smallville season 4, where Jason and his mom go batshit evil and instead of showing me the those last two eps, you yank away everything and give us clip shows instead!? Not cool. Not cool AT ALL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:29 am 
Ninja Master

The bicep track in my body pump class today was Eye of the Tiger! Thinking about Jensen's leg guitar got me through it!! hahaha.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm 

SEASON 8 is a go!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

appifanie wrote:
SEASON 8 is a go!

Oh yeah? I haven't loved season 7 but I'll keep watching. I love my Winchester bros.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 123  Next