| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 pm 
Saggy Butt

I've lost 5 lbs so far!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

so awesome, saladsally! yay!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was losing pretty consistently for about 2 months, but now I've been stuck within this 3 pound range for over a month. I tried lowering my points, and it didn't seem to make much difference.

So for the past couple days, I've been using a calorie counter as well. From what I've logged so far, it seems like I can eat my exact amount of recommended calories but go over WW points by like 10, even after eating my activity points for the day! That seems like a really big difference.

I'm going to do both for the entire week to compare, but I think I may be switching to calories. My thinking is that a calorie is a calorie, where as a WW point is a range of calories, and I feel like maybe WW counts a bit too much for vegan sources of protein, since our protein sources also contain carbs. Just speculation. I guess I'll see next week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

great job salad!

i keep going overpoints lately - i started strong and lost it - i have to just get on it. ugh.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
I was losing pretty consistently for about 2 months, but now I've been stuck within this 3 pound range for over a month. I tried lowering my points, and it didn't seem to make much difference.

So for the past couple days, I've been using a calorie counter as well. From what I've logged so far, it seems like I can eat my exact amount of recommended calories but go over WW points by like 10, even after eating my activity points for the day! That seems like a really big difference.

I'm going to do both for the entire week to compare, but I think I may be switching to calories. My thinking is that a calorie is a calorie, where as a WW point is a range of calories, and I feel like maybe WW counts a bit too much for vegan sources of protein, since our protein sources also contain carbs. Just speculation. I guess I'll see next week.

Just an update in case anyone else is having similar issues...

I've been counting calories for 4 days now, and it's letting me eat more food than Weight Watchers points. I finally dropped a pound, and I've been holding onto weight like crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

You can also adjust your daily points in eTools so compensate for the higher values of vegan protein. I add 2 P+ per day for this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 pm 
Huffs Nooch

All right my fellow weight watchers...I have a question for you. According to WW, 1 cup of cooked whole wheat pasta is 5 points. I have a box of whole wheat rotini that says one serving = 1 cup of dry rotini, and that equals 5 points when I plug the nutritional info into the points calculator. When I cook it, obviously it expands and ends up being more than 1 cup...in fact it looks to be closer to 2 cups.

So my question is, if WW says 1 cup of cooked pasta=5 points, but the pasta I use yields almost 2 cups for 5 points, how should I count it?

Normally I am not all that worried about a few extra points, but we're playing around with like 5 extra points here per serving, and I eat several servings of pasta per week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Bella Luna - does your box of rotini give you the measurement of 1 serving in grams as well? if it does, i say your best bet might be to enter the amount of grams into the calculator online. just select "whole wheat pasta" and then enter the weight of dry pasta in grams. that should do it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:26 pm 
Huffs Nooch

happyfaced wrote:
Bella Luna - does your box of rotini give you the measurement of 1 serving in grams as well? if it does, i say your best bet might be to enter the amount of grams into the calculator online. just select "whole wheat pasta" and then enter the weight of dry pasta in grams. that should do it!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am all out of the pasta, but the box says 1 cup= 56 grams. So I found uncooked whole wheat pasta on the food tracker, and entered in 56 grams, and it came to 5 points.

I have been eating 1 cup of cooked pasta as 5 points for a long time and never felt like it was enough. It is a pleasant surprise to know that I may get more by actually measuring.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Bella Luna wrote:
happyfaced wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! I am all out of the pasta, but the box says 1 cup= 56 grams. So I found uncooked whole wheat pasta on the food tracker, and entered in 56 grams, and it came to 5 points.

I have been eating 1 cup of cooked pasta as 5 points for a long time and never felt like it was enough. It is a pleasant surprise to know that I may get more by actually measuring.

Thanks!

you're most welcome, Bella Luna. when i started WW a friend gave me his kitchen scale. it's proved to be most awesome for measuring because i feel like it's more accurate. i'm glad it worked out with the rotini. superw00t!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm 

karichelle wrote:
You can also adjust your daily points in eTools so compensate for the higher values of vegan protein. I add 2 P+ per day for this.

that makes sense because i'm still aiming for my 26 but i usually end up at 28 or 29 and i'm still doing okay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:12 am 
***LIES!!!***

Back to Weight Watchers! The first time I joined I only lasted two weeks then found out I was pregnant and wound up gaining 70 pounds (oh my God). I've lost almost 5 pounds so far this time around, looking to lose about 90 overall (also oh my God).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ariann you can do it! The program works!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:48 pm 

you guys, 26 points is rough. i may have had 39 a few days ago. woopsie. i'm at 26 right now and it's almost 6pm so if i get hungry i should just eat an apple, right? sheesh me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm 

fyi, the vegan brunch raised waffles are 9 points each. whoopsie. the 1/3 cup of oil adds 19 points to the batch and the sugar adds 23 points to the batch, so maybe subbing in some apple sauce would be good . . .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
you guys, 26 points is rough. i may have had 39 a few days ago. woopsie. i'm at 26 right now and it's almost 6pm so if i get hungry i should just eat an apple, right? sheesh me.

i hear ya, appifanie. i am at 26 points as well. what helps me is tons and tons of raw veggies. for a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack i'll have lots of carrots, celery, cauliflower, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. i'll make an agave-mustard dressing or a lemony-tahini dressing for dipping. if i'm feeling like i need some protein i'll grab one of those vegan jerky strips. they have some gluten-free ones (i think 2 of the flavors are) and they're only 2 points each.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I'm at 34 points and that's still really hard. I also do tons of raw veggies and fruits on the days that I actually don't mess up and have like 60 points. I sometimes have four apples in a day plus a bunch of carrots, bell pepper, a pound of greens etc., which seems like maybe cheating the system, but whatever, I still am losing weight when I do that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh yeah, and it's also really expensive!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:58 am 

happyfaced wrote:
appifanie wrote:

i hear ya, appifanie. i am at 26 points as well. what helps me is tons and tons of raw veggies. for a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack i'll have lots of carrots, celery, cauliflower, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. i'll make an agave-mustard dressing or a lemony-tahini dressing for dipping. if i'm feeling like i need some protein i'll grab one of those vegan jerky strips. they have some gluten-free ones (i think 2 of the flavors are) and they're only 2 points each.

there are gluten free jerky strips??? and yeah, I really just have to eat more raw fruits and veggies but I've been having killer chocolate and pb cravings lately.

ariann whatever works, right? :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
happyfaced wrote:
appifanie wrote:

there are gluten free jerky strips??? and yeah, I really just have to eat more raw fruits and veggies but I've been having killer chocolate and pb cravings lately.

hellz yeah - they're those "primal strips"; the hickory smoked and texas bbq flavors are gluten-free!

veggies totally help curb my junk food cravings, and greens do a great job of that as well - especially green smoothies and juices!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 pm 

that is really exciting! i assumed they were all seitan-y and therefore gluten-y!

i hadn't had green smoothies in awhile and i made one today that was a FLOP. i don't have enough bananas around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:12 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Has anyone here tried the vegan meal plan from Happy Herbivore? It says the daily menues sre aimed at 1200 Cal. I figure I could modify them a bit to mesh with WW.

Any one here tried them for weight loss ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm 

recommitting - raw and e2l are too MEH and annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:01 pm 

dear me,

ww only works when you abide by your points! 31/26 on an almost daily basis won't cut it. knock it off.

love, me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

appi - yeah, for real. I fell off the wagon. Last week I went to my meeting and told the leader that I wasn't motivated and she said, "Well, I'm gonna motivate you! With facts! about fiber!!" and her fiber facts were wrong! And when I told her so, she was like, but the weekly says... And I gotta tell you, facts about fiber when I already eat like twice as much fiber as the RDA are super not motivating. Telling me I'll lose weight if I eat more fiber is kind of annoying. I need a new meeting. My leader doesn't think like a fat person and I don't think ever did and I find her lack of getting it really annoying.

My husband says he will join me at WW after Passover, maybe that will be more motivating. I have 90 pounds to lose, he has 30-40 and doesn't care that much about losing, but I care a lot about beating him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next