| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bones!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Nobody is crying yet because the episode that aired this past Thursday is the last one until Spring?

I know *I* am!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Is anybody really watching anymore? The show was gone for 3 months and no one posted about the return. I want to still like it, but the birth scene had me rolling my eyes so hard. It was so cheesy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm excited it's back! I've really been missing it. However, I haven't seen the new episode yet because I don't have cable. I have to wait around an extra week to see it on Hulu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i saw it! it was good.

audrey, my dad hates angela. whatever.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yup. Finn still bugs the crepe out of me. I want my Vincent Nigel Murray back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm not really into the newest ones...just not feeling it. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:44 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

fatcat wrote:
I want to still like it, but the birth scene had me rolling my eyes so hard. It was so cheesy.

Same. I was like "Are they really doing this manger thing? Really?"

But I totally teared up when they said the middle name was Angela.

I kinda like Finn. Mostly, I think he's pretty cute. I hope they dial back all his weird metaphors and analogies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm invested because I've watched every other season, but I've been kind of bored lately.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 pm 
Semen Strong

I watched the birth episode just to laugh at the birthing. Seriously, it was apparently written by someone who has no idea how labor or birth works.

And of course we have the traditional 13lb "new born" with no vernix or real blood. Also, apparently no placenta. And wouldn't they have at least called 911?

And OMG "They aren't going to touch me I'm pregnant" while navigating a prison fight?

And "Champagne, because you can drink now?" Does anyone really think Bones wouldn't breastfeed?

And why in the last scene does Booth have red stains on his shirt but Brennan and the baby are all cleaned up in new outfits?

I don't care about the murders - they have become so tangential to the soap-opera that is Bones+Brennan and their entourage.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 pm 
Semen Strong

Also completely unrealistic - Booth on her back. Wouldn't squatting have been easier? And no checking to see if her cervix was fully dilated before pushing?

Oh, the only part that was realistic to me was hating the bumps in the road. I can totally see Booth apologizing for them.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

And couldn't the time it took to get set up in the barn have been spent getting to the hospital 10 minutes away?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

OK I just watched that episode with the birth and I agree - they are really taking the ridiculousness to new heights. Prison riot?? Followed by birth in a barn?? And then apparently they went straight home (Booth's shirt was still bloody), where all their coworkers were waiting for them. COME ON.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mixmaster_mo wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I want to still like it, but the birth scene had me rolling my eyes so hard. It was so cheesy.

Same. I was like "Are they really doing this manger thing? Really?"

But I totally teared up when they said the middle name was Angela.

I kinda like Finn. Mostly, I think he's pretty cute. I hope they dial back all his weird metaphors and analogies.

Finn is like Kenneth from 30 Rock, but not a joke. It doesn't really work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

fatcat wrote:
I want my Vincent Nigel Murray back.

Truth. This show always takes the best interns away from us. Take Daisy!

At least Tina Majorino was back.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I want my Vincent Nigel Murray back.

Truth. This show always takes the best interns away from us. Take Daisy!

At least Tina Majorino was back.

I love Tina. They aren't going affair on us, are they? Because I can't deal with that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
I watched the birth episode just to laugh at the birthing. Seriously, it was apparently written by someone who has no idea how labor or birth works.

And of course we have the traditional 13lb "new born" with no vernix or real blood. Also, apparently no placenta. And wouldn't they have at least called 911?

And OMG "They aren't going to touch me I'm pregnant" while navigating a prison fight?

And "Champagne, because you can drink now?" Does anyone really think Bones wouldn't breastfeed?

And why in the last scene does Booth have red stains on his shirt but Brennan and the baby are all cleaned up in new outfits?

I don't care about the murders - they have become so tangential to the soap-opera that is Bones+Brennan and their entourage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took so much issue with the birth scene! You'd think that Bones of all people would have done her research and realized that being on her back is one of the worst positions for laboring.

And seriously, they couldn't last the ten miles to get to the hospital, but were able to stop, argue with the innkeeper, settle into the manger, and still have time before Bones started pushing?

I used to really like this show, but it's been so lackluster as of late.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm 
Semen Strong

They didn't even look like they liked eachother!

This show has always been able to generate chemistry between Bones and Booth, and that is probably why many of us watch, but there was no intimacy between them in the birth scene. She just gave birth to their kid, and says "We're a family!" And he doesn't kiss her or anything. They had more chemistry burying a dead dog.

I just think Emily was embarrassed at how terrible the birth scene was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I've been saying that Emily and David have no chemistry since they actually became an onscreen couple.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm 

the birth scene was ridiculous and that's why i won't even discuss it. it didn't happen.

and booth is still swoony so that's good enough for me - knowing that booth got what he wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:53 am 
Inflexitarian

creep wrote:
I'm invested because I've watched every other season, but I've been kind of bored lately.

This is where I am.

and did anyone else notice a HUGE change in Sweets? He looks way different and not well or okay. I don't know I didn't feel him or his acting in the episode with the birth. (I'm a hulu watcher)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I think JFD was sick or something. He sounded really congested a few times.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

The birth scene seemed fine to me. They showed the umbilical cord. A lot of women give birth on their backs (including me), my newest daughter had very little vernix or blood on her and often the placenta isn't immediately delivered so that didn't seem like a stretch. What had me going huh? was the whole stable thing. As in, what was the point of that?

Oh, and it is fine to drink some alcohol when you're breastfeeding. With my eldest the midwives had me drinking half a beer a day to increase my breast milk supply.

I also liked how clear they made it that home births were a safe and logical option, breastfeeding was the best choice, that women can deliver without pain medication and that they are showing the strong emotional ties that mothers and fathers have to their babies. Things that so many other shows don't even mention.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I thought tonight's episode was a lot better. Except for Sweets. His inappropriateness is annoying. That and the Camry commercial about halfway through.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Bones is the worst show on TV (at least, of the ones I watch) for product placement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

omg, the camry commercial. they are so bad at this. they could at least pretend they are trying to weave it into the show. haha, it's soooo bad.

I used to really like Bones, but it's getting really dumb. It's getting to the point that I don't care about the characters OR the case. My favorite part of the show now is seeing what wacky way someone will find the body. That part was super great last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next