| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tasty Burger (Boston)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Anyone been? I ate there the other night and was pretty disappointed. I had emailed a week or two ago and they told me the veggie burger is vegan, and that the bun was also vegan. They also said the onion rings are vegan and that they they cook all the non-meat stuff separately.

When we went to the Fenway location they told us that they were out of the special non-dairy-gluten-free bun and that the regular bun is not vegan. So I had to have it wrapped in lettuce leaf which wasn't great. The burger itself is ok tasting, though. The onion rings are very thin and stringy, which I thought I would like, but it just seemed like too much breading and not enough onion. So I wouldn't go out of my way to go there unless you're desperate. They do have a really good beer selection and are open late.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

Post subject: Re: Tasty Burger (Boston)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I've been once, I was also under the impression the bun was vegan so I ordered it. Sadface. I liked the veggie burger but the beer was the best part of it for me.

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Post subject: Re: Tasty Burger (Boston)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

who knows, when i emailed them it sounded like the regular bun was vegan. They seemed kind of confused at the actual restaurant. Anyway probably not really worth following up on but I might just in case I get stuck there sometime.

Rant- why is it always so hard these days to find out whether the buns for veggie burgers and hotdogs are vegan?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles