| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Brunch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am 
ugh

The berry muffins are perfect. Gawd, I can't believe I waited this long to make that recipe.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I had my first omelet today. Fabulous...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

This book is our fav bedtime reading. Usually dug out on a Saturday or Sunday morning when we have time to cook a proper breakfast. Tofu omelette is great, but we've yet to be (and sure we won't be) disappointed with any recipe we've tried. Mind you, following and preparing a new recipe whilst slightly tired and a little bleary eyed can sometimes be a challenge!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I made the bagels for the first time today. Really tasty, nice and chewy, and not too difficult at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I made the broccoli quiche again the other day, and it was even better than I remembered. I wanted to put in sun-dried tomatoes, but I stupidly forgot until it was already in the oven. Whoops. I think next time I make it, I'll use a different pie crust recipe (I forked this one up somehow), and add some nooch. Nooch makes everything better. Nom.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I made the bakery style berry muffins with a few substitutions. My daughter really wanted chocolate chip muffins and I didn't have any soy yogurt. I used 1 cup of soy milk with 1tsp apple cider vinegar in place of the yogurt & soy milk. I added 1 cup mini chocolate chips in place of the berries. They were really good. Hopefully my daughter will like them when she gets home from school, teens tend to be pickier than younger children.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have yet to make the quiche because real eggy quiche always kind of grossed me out, especially because family decided all my husband and I could eat was cheese and eggs when we went lacto-ovo. I'm interested though! I should just suck it up and make it once.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 am 
ugh

Kweldon wrote:
I made the bakery style berry muffins with a few substitutions. My daughter really wanted chocolate chip muffins and I didn't have any soy yogurt. I used 1 cup of soy milk with 1tsp apple cider vinegar in place of the yogurt & soy milk. I added 1 cup mini chocolate chips in place of the berries. They were really good. Hopefully my daughter will like them when she gets home from school, teens tend to be pickier than younger children.

Thanks for this. I rarely have yogurt on hand and it is good to know about that substitute.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I tried making the berry muffins with Stevia subbed for sugar and applesauce for oil and it did not work...at all. So don't try it. ;) Unless you want bricks with pudding centers. The lemon poppyseed muffins, on the other hand, are delish.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:34 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Sometimes I forget how much I love this cookbook, so this weekend I revisited some old time favourites: tofu omelettes filled with roasted asparagus, lemon poppyseed muffins, and mushroom leeks quiche. All so freaking delicious!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Finally got round to making my first vegan scones. Made them with blueberries. Lovely!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I FINALLY made the polenta rancheros and it was so good!
I cut down the oil and salt and used half pinto and half black beans but apart from that followed the recipe. Yummy yummy yummy. Creamy, delicious and filling. And it only took me 3 years to finally get around to making it, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The tomato rosemary scones are currently in the oven and they smell SO GOOD! I am planning on having them with the broccoli quiche (sans crust) for dinner tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Verdict: Delicious. Definitely making both of those again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:45 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I made the berry muffins but with fresh blueberries, white whole wheat flour, and 1/2 c. sugar since I wanted slightly more wholesome muffins. They were awesome, and now they are gone. Also made the broccoli quiche last night since I like it cold, can only really eat cold things given the heat these days, and my husband can only really tolerate so many cold marinated salads. Thus, I made the broccoli quiche.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:18 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I just made the cornmeal waffles (and added blueberries) and they were freaking fantastic!!! WHY AM I JUST NOW LEARNING HOW AMAZING HOMEMADE WAFFLES ARE?!?!?!?

I feel cheated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:43 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I made waffles again today, but this time the Chelsea waffles (with blueberries again because the hubby bought four pounds of them since they were on sale). The Chelsea waffles are even more amazing than the cornmeal ones!

I forking LOVE WAFFLES!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

SchwaGrrrl wrote:
I made the berry muffins but with fresh blueberries, white whole wheat flour, and 1/2 c. sugar since I wanted slightly more wholesome muffins. They were awesome, and now they are gone. Also made the broccoli quiche last night since I like it cold, can only really eat cold things given the heat these days, and my husband can only really tolerate so many cold marinated salads. Thus, I made the broccoli quiche.

I just made the berry muffins with fresh blueberries as well! My house smells delicious! I sprinkled some crunchy huckleberry flavored sugar on top of a few of them. These are the first muffins I've ever made. So much easier than cupcakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 am 
Saggy Butt

I made the bagels this afternoon, these are so good. These are going to be an absolute must make on a regular basis I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

almiratanner wrote:
The tomato rosemary scones are currently in the oven and they smell SO GOOD! I am planning on having them with the broccoli quiche (sans crust) for dinner tonight.

I adore those scones. I actually made them for one of our Radha bake sales! :) Oh man. I want one so badly right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 am 
WELFARIST!

^ How come I've never tried them? I must get on it. I love savory scones!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:02 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

This has got to be one of my favorite go-to cookbooks. I just made the caramelized vidalia onion quiche for a brunch potluck and it was awesome! The flavor of the onions comes through really well, but I found that I needed to add quite a bit more salt to season the filling properly. The best part is that this dish is easy to make gradually over the course of several days. You can make the crust one day, caramelize onions another day, and then whip up the filling and bake the whole thing before serving.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I made the peanut butter waffles again yesterday (a staple in our house) for Boyfriend to reheat when he got up at 3am to watch American football. I may have eaten an embarrassing amount of waffle batter during the cooking process.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

New revelation - instead of tomato sauce in the tomato-rosemary scones, use any leftover pureed soup! I had the right amount of a cauliflower/garlic soup and they turned into amazing savoury biscuit/scone type things. Can't wait to try it with something pumpkin-y.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A girl at work brought in bags and bags of oranges today, from her grandma's garden. I used some tonight to make her the orange muffins to say thanks- only we can't get cranberries here, so I used pecans and dark chocolate chunks instead (same thing, right?). I just had one and they're pretty great! It'll take some willpower to hand them over at work tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next