| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: B.A.D. aka BAD or Breakfast All Day, East Village
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm 
Inflexitarian

I know there is one in Williamsburg too, anyone have anything to report about either? Yelp reviews are not encouraging, but nonetheless I plan to meet a friend there tomorrow. The menu looks very interesting. I will report back.

Post subject: Re: B.A.D. aka BAD or Breakfast All Day, East Village
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm 
FAYGO

I've been to both. The food is...fine. The scramble in Williamsburg was OK, as was the sloppy joe mac n cheese in the Village. Almost everything vegetarian can be veganized, but not actually everything so be careful; one person who works there is a bit of a fuckup (in general, not just about vegan things; I have a friend who works there) and may tell you the wrong thing by accident.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:49 pm 
Inflexitarian

So I had lunch there today, 1:00 ish on a weekday. Not much business, service was more than fine. Food was good too. I ordered the breakfast burrito--it came with tofu scramble (maybe a little too much tumeric but this is not a real complaint), black beans, and guac inside. Very tasty. I would have liked tofu sour cream but it doesn't seem like it comes with it (the non vegan version has cheese and sour cream). I didn't ask anyway. I also got grits and they were decent once spiced up with salt, pepper, and tabasco.

My friend got a salad with some substitutions and that was handled with no problem. My guess is the crappy yelp reviews came from weekends when they are probably busier. But I have no evidence, that's just a guess.

I would go back there, they may even fill a niche left by Kate's closing. Many of my friends are not veg'n so I like having a good standby that will satisfy all parties.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:44 pm 
Saggy Butt

I went there for brunch about a month ago and loved that it was the perfect solution for dining with omni buds. I got a tofu scramble (the one listed as already vegan) and I thought it was pretty tasty. The texture wasn't as chunky as I like, but it was still delicious. We also got sweet potato fries with a bunch of dipping sauces which were awesome, but I feel like it's pretty hard to fork up fries.

The only downside was that the service was terrrrrrible. Yes, it was a Sunday, but it was hardly busy. Our waitress just seemed to forget we were even there. My friends went back another time without me and said the same thing happened. :( Hmmm. Maybe best when you're not in a hurry? Or for takeout?

I'm curious about their baked good offerings... I'm sure I'll go back at some point.