| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 am 
Offline
Lubes With Earth Balance
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: Sweden
fisticuffs wrote:
I'm still laughing at Renly saying "born between salt and smoke? Is he a ham?".


Me too! I love Renly (but not as much as I love Littlefinger <3).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 2770
I have a whole new reason to be terrified of rats. Seriously, I can't sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: Graz, Austria
littlebear wrote:
I have a whole new reason to be terrified of rats. Seriously, I can't sleep.

They only get bad press. I've had so many rescue rats (okay, they're a whole other species than the wild ones, but still), and all I could think of was the cute way they start nudging you when they want to climb up your sleeve and there's no more space to go on. Finally they'll give up, awkwardly turn all the way around and go back to poke their cute little noses out your sleeve.
Believe me, rats are cool. It's people you should be afraid of. It's a good thing there are compassionate ones too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:06 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 2770
Phoenix wrote:
littlebear wrote:
I have a whole new reason to be terrified of rats. Seriously, I can't sleep.

They only get bad press. I've had so many rescue rats (okay, they're a whole other species than the wild ones, but still), and all I could think of was the cute way they start nudging you when they want to climb up your sleeve and there's no more space to go on. Finally they'll give up, awkwardly turn all the way around and go back to poke their cute little noses out your sleeve.
Believe me, rats are cool. It's people you should be afraid of. It's a good thing there are compassionate ones too.

Oh, I know it's an irrational fear, it doesn't stop me from having it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland, OR
littlebear wrote:
I have a whole new reason to be terrified of rats. Seriously, I can't sleep.

Yeah can someone explain this to me? What happens when they heat the barrel with the rat in it? I was much confused.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 2134
Location: 510
Mars wrote:
Yeah can someone explain this to me? What happens when they heat the barrel with the rat in it? I was much confused.


The rat is thinking, "Oh shiitake, it's getting hot in here. This end is soft, maybe I can dig/bite/chew my way out!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:20 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4580
Location: Surrey, UK
"There's no cure for being a croissant". My favourite line from this week! I still don't know many names though so I dunno the name of the guy that said it!! hahaha

Joffrey is horrible. I hope someone kills the little shiitake soon.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 4288
Location: 5 mi east of philly
i'm surprised tyrion misjudged the situation. he seems to be on top of it. (at the very least, he should have had 2 guards at joffrey's chamber, and if it sounded like they weren't having fun, one would have gone and grabbed tyrion.)

i hope roz doesn't become a murderer. :-(

_________________
I solved it for once and for all -- and for everyone -- by intentionally leaving behind some 9-lives burritos... ~Lorelei4mc
supercarrot.com, vegan groupony things, vegan coupons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland, OR
supercarrot wrote:
i'm surprised tyrion misjudged the situation. he seems to be on top of it. (at the very least, he should have had 2 guards at joffrey's chamber, and if it sounded like they weren't having fun, one would have gone and grabbed tyrion.)

This scene was so horrible I had to ask FruitCup if it was in the book. Apparently not, at all! which made me annoyed at the HBO people... what the heck was the point?!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Alberta, Canada
Mars wrote:
supercarrot wrote:
i'm surprised tyrion misjudged the situation. he seems to be on top of it. (at the very least, he should have had 2 guards at joffrey's chamber, and if it sounded like they weren't having fun, one would have gone and grabbed tyrion.)

This scene was so horrible I had to ask FruitCup if it was in the book. Apparently not, at all! which made me annoyed at the HBO people... what the heck was the point?!


Probable just to make it more obvious about how much of a shiitake Joffery is. Man I hate him so much!

_________________
The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 4288
Location: 5 mi east of philly
we have the blu-rays of season 1, and on the commentary tracks, they explained that they loved the actress who plays roz so much that they kept her around and wrote new content for her. (i guess this is one of those situations)

_________________
I solved it for once and for all -- and for everyone -- by intentionally leaving behind some 9-lives burritos... ~Lorelei4mc
supercarrot.com, vegan groupony things, vegan coupons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 218
Location: London UK
not sure what I think of that episode, the scene at the really pretty looking walled city which seemed like an amateur dramatics play, was a little cringy to watch, the prozzy scene was horrible and WFT at the smoke monster... now that never happened in Lost...

canny wait till next week :)

_________________
Cows’ milk is just that: for cows - Dr Christian 'buff' Jessen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 am 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
ninjablossom wrote:
not sure what I think of that episode, the scene at the really pretty looking walled city which seemed like an amateur dramatics play, was a little cringy to watch, the prozzy scene was horrible and WFT at the smoke monster... now that never happened in Lost...

canny wait till next week :)


Yeah the people I was watching it with were like "what just came out of her, that was weird!" I didn't find it that weird but only because I have read the book.

I thought the prostitute scene was horrendous but it did a good job of showing just how forked up Joffrey really is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Crazy bat lady
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 pm
Posts: 507
baps wrote:
"There's no cure for being a croissant". My favourite line from this week! I still don't know many names though so I dunno the name of the guy that said it!! hahaha

Joffrey is horrible. I hope someone kills the little shiitake soon.


Agreed, he needs to die slowly & painfully!

_________________
BoomBoomLegume


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland, OR
Most recent episode spoiler because I feel weird being the first person:
Spoiler: show
Renly noooo! Though once I adjusted I did love the cuteness between Brienne and Catelyn.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:58 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 4288
Location: 5 mi east of philly
Mars wrote:
Most recent episode spoiler because I feel weird being the first person:
Spoiler: show
Renly noooo! Though once I adjusted I did love the cuteness between Brienne and Catelyn.

yeah, that gawker video adam posted above had that spoiled in it's comments. (and then they closed the comments but didn't delete the spoiler. crassholes.) at least it happened early in the episode, and the comment didn't spell it out. it's my fault, i shouldn't have read the comments.

_________________
I solved it for once and for all -- and for everyone -- by intentionally leaving behind some 9-lives burritos... ~Lorelei4mc
supercarrot.com, vegan groupony things, vegan coupons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I really thought that the vagina monster was going to do more than just that. I don't know. This ep was kiiind of slow, huh?

So does the alliance between Brienne and Cat mean that beyond a shadow of a doubt the Starks can't join the Baratheans? Also, Greyjoy is such a dipshit. I hate seeing his face. I love that Arya now has a hitman.

More baby dragons!!!!!

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland, OR
IsaChandra wrote:
I really thought that the vagina monster was going to do more than just that. I don't know. This ep was kiiind of slow, huh?

hmm, I didn't think it was slow, but I did think the shadow thing and Renly's death was much less potent than it should/could have been. And I still think the vagina monster is going to do more... I assume it's not just a one time thing, otherwise I'm not sure all that pregnancy and birth was worth all the effort! Heh.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I can't figure out why I thought it was so slow. Maybe the wall scenes? And even the Dani scenes? I guess I didn't get that Game of Thrones rush that I usually do.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 am 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3094
Location: Sacramento
I felt the same, Isa. Relatively dull episode. I did enjoy the break from Joffrey...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:25 am 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 218
Location: London UK
highlight was seeing Gendry with his top off. I hope he turns into a bigger character, he's easy on the eye. :)

_________________
Cows’ milk is just that: for cows - Dr Christian 'buff' Jessen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
Maggie Muggins wrote:
Mars wrote:
supercarrot wrote:
i'm surprised tyrion misjudged the situation. he seems to be on top of it. (at the very least, he should have had 2 guards at joffrey's chamber, and if it sounded like they weren't having fun, one would have gone and grabbed tyrion.)

This scene was so horrible I had to ask FruitCup if it was in the book. Apparently not, at all! which made me annoyed at the HBO people... what the heck was the point?!


Probable just to make it more obvious about how much of a shiitake Joffery is. Man I hate him so much!


I don't think anyone needed any convincing that he's a total croissant, before this (in my opinion superfluous) scene.

Also: I am scared to watch the most recent episode. I am reading the books and at times, the seasons of the series do not match the events in the corresponding books, so things from book 3 end up in series 2. I don't want to see things before I have read them, so I'm laying low on my GoT-watching till I have finished the Storm of Swords book.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:39 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
Oh and I wanted to share this with you:

Image

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57 am
Posts: 51
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
ninjablossom wrote:
highlight was seeing Gendry with his top off. I hope he turns into a bigger character, he's easy on the eye. :)


Agree! Kinda helped ease the loss of Renly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 4288
Location: 5 mi east of philly
ninjablossom wrote:
highlight was seeing Gendry with his top off. I hope he turns into a bigger character, he's easy on the eye. :)

the way he and arya interact, i was musing about the possibility of her becoming queen one day. (ha!) but alas, she's betrothed to one of the bridge guys kids.
she would make an excellent "dancing" instructor. i hope she gets needle back.

_________________
I solved it for once and for all -- and for everyone -- by intentionally leaving behind some 9-lives burritos... ~Lorelei4mc
supercarrot.com, vegan groupony things, vegan coupons


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer