| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Ok, so I did some searching and found out more about Monday's instant eliminations. It'll be interesting to see what the judges do/

Quote:
In a surprising twist, the coaches must dismiss one artist from each of their teams in the Quarterfinals of “The Voice” Performance shows. Beginning Monday, April 16, LIVE on NBC with Teams Blake and Christina, the four remaining artists on each team will fight for survival and sing like it’s their last opportunity. Coaches Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton must then decide who among the artists on their respective teams will be dismissed in a heart-pounding instant elimination. Teams Adam and CeeLo will be put through the same test the following week as they take the stage for the Quarterfinals.As previously announced, Blake and Christina will also perform alongside the four artists on their respective teams, and coach Adam Levine joins his band, Maroon 5, in a premiere performance of “Payphone” featuring Wiz Khalifa. “Payphone is the first single off the band’s upcoming fourth album, “Overexposed.”On “The Voice” Elimination Show Tuesday, April 17 (9-10 p.m. ET), the competition comes to an end for two more artists. In the third of six Elimination Shows, the artist who receives the most viewer votes on Teams Blake and Christina from the previous night’s Quarterfinal Performance Show, will be saved and guaranteed a spot in the Semifinals. Meanwhile, the bottom two artists on both teams must each perform an additional last chance song. Coaches Christina and Blake will then be put on the spot to save one more member of their team to advance into the Semifinals, thereby eliminating the other artist. By night’s end, Blake and Christina will each have their top two artists.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:45 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Just my opinion, but I could really do without all these performances. And since they are evidently trying to move things along, it's like "why bother", they just read like what they are: infomercials for the judges that were no doubt a sticking point in contract negotiations. Though I didn't even know who he was until he released "The Lady Killer" a couple of years ago, Cee Lo is the only one who makes any music I like. Very thankful for DVRs (and their fast forward buttons).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

tgw777 wrote:
Just my opinion, but I could really do without all these performances. And since they are evidently trying to move things along, it's like "why bother", they just read like what they are: infomercials for the judges that were no doubt a sticking point in contract negotiations. Though I didn't even know who he was until he released "The Lady Killer" a couple of years ago, Cee Lo is the only one who makes any music I like. Very thankful for DVRs (and their fast forward buttons).

Which performances? Isn't that the point of the show?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm 

starrynight87 wrote:
tgw777 wrote:

Which performances? Isn't that the point of the show?

I think tgw777 means the performances with the coaches. And I agree, I'm not watching the show to see them perform and they are kind of a waste of time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Yes the coach performances, as well as the totally unrelated ones, such as Jessie J (nothing against her, but what exactly does it have to do w/ the competition?).

Last night...whoa. I don't like this instant elimination thing, I prefer to see who people vote for.

I think I'm in a minority in that I'm not shocked at who Xtina eliminated.
Spoiler: show
My feeling is that Jesse has a style already, and Xtina prefers to shape her artists a bit more. No way she was getting rid of the top seller on iTunes, even if Lindsey's performance last night was a bit underwhelming (awful song choice, as well). I found Ashley underwhelming, as well, but then I always have, and Chris- well I just don't go for that Celine Dion style he has. I think Xtina has majorly screwed her chances at winning this now, her only hope is Lindsey- and she is pretty edgy for a show like this, iTunes sales or no, so that's a big gamble.

Onto Team Blake.
He did not eliminate who he should have, clearly, but he has seemed to favor Toddlers and Tiaras (I think that has a much nicer ring to it than RaeLynn) from the beginning. His unfathomable fixation on her combined with votefortheworst.com is all I can figure. She is ABYSMAL. Jermaine's performance was the best of his team's, and probably the best of the night. Blake made a bad call eliminating Jordis, but she's number one on the iTunes rock singles chart, so at least she goes out in style. And I like Erin Willett, but Adele songs need to be retired from these types of shows- though she did a much better job on the song than the others this season have.

I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to work tonight in light of the new rules. One "Save by America" for each team? If that's the case, I predict Jermaine and Lindsey will be the fortunate ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am 

tgw777 wrote:
Onto Team Blake.
He did not eliminate who he should have, clearly, but he has seemed to favor Toddlers and Tiaras (I think that has a much nicer ring to it than RaeLynn) from the beginning. His unfathomable fixation on her combined with votefortheworst.com is all I can figure. She is ABYSMAL. Jermaine's performance was the best of his team's, and probably the best of the night. Blake made a bad call eliminating Jordis, but she's number one on the iTunes rock singles chart, so at least she goes out in style. And I like Erin Willett, but Adele songs need to be retired from these types of shows- though she did a much better job on the song than the others this season have.

I love you. I am so calling her T&T from now on. It's perfect. I think part of the reason Blake likes her so much is because she reminds him of his wife or at least that's what I'm telling myself. And I don't think these need spoiler tags as they've already aired and are fair game to discuss. Anyways, I'm not so much pissed that Jordis is gone as I am that Blake couldn't even man up and say why. I sorta had a feeling this is what he was going to do, but to say that it's what America wanted weeks ago was just a low blow. It seemed like Adam thought he made a mistake, too. Did you see the way he shook his head when Blake made his choice?

I must be the only person watching this show who doesn't get Lindsey's appeal. I don't like her voice, I don't like the weird/fake inflictions she has while singing, and I'm surprised she's made it this far. Xtina's got everything riding on her, or so it seems, and I'm just not seeing/hearing it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Yeah, Blake will be hearing from his bromantic partner about the Jordis elimination. I hope Carson asks the judges to elaborate on their choices tonight.

Is it just me, or is there a slight creepy old man vibe to Blake's Toddlers and Tiaras fixation? (Careful Blake, Miranda is probably locked and loaded...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 am 

tgw777 wrote:
Is it just me, or is there a slight creepy old man vibe to Blake's Toddlers and Tiaras fixation? (Careful Blake, Miranda is probably locked and loaded...)

Nope, not just you. And when he was asking her if she had a boyfriend, I really got creeped out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

The BF question made me wince.

Lindsey...I dunno. She's interesting, I think it's cool that she is into odd arrangements and all that, but as a performer, she is not that strong. It really is a big gamble on Xtina's part.

Adam shook his head over both eliminations, but he should be happy. His team was the weakest, I thought, but Blake and Xtina bettered his chances last night with their dumb choices. Still, at this point I still believe Team Cee Lo will take it this season. I mean, it's a week later and Juliet is STILL at number 2 on the iTunes rock chart- the only reason she's not still at #1 is Jordis (take that, Mr. Toddlers and Tiaras fanboy).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm 

I guess my problem with Lindsey is that she has no range. I've liked a couple of her arrangements, but mostly they are slightly depressing and she picks songs that she shouldn't sing due to her limited range.

tgw777 wrote:
Adam shook his head over both eliminations, but he should be happy. His team was the weakest, I thought, but Blake and Xtina bettered his chances last night with their dumb choices. Still, at this point I still believe Team Cee Lo will take it this season. I mean, it's a week later and Juliet is STILL at number 2 on the iTunes rock chart- the only reason she's not still at #1 is Jordis (take that, Mr. Toddlers and Tiaras fanboy).

Yeah, if CeeLo doesn't win this, something is wrong. And I love that Jordis is #1 on the rock chart. I think Blake just really didn't like her on his team and wanted a way to get rid of her.

tgw777, are you on twop? They're also calling you know who Toddlers & Tiaras, and I had to laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
Saggy Butt

Boo to Blake, I think he kept the girl because she's the only real country representative on the show. I still like Chris, I'm not a fan of the type of music, there's just something I like on his voice. No one had songs that worked for them at all last night, who's picking them?

I think Blake didn't get to say why he picked Jordis because they were rushing him and Xtina was long winded yet again with her elimination.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I know everyone's been bisqueing about Xtina's comments lately, and I think she toned it down a little last night, but I feel like she seems kinda grumpy lately...just from her facial expressions and general lack of enthusiasm for the contestants, even the ones she likes.

tgw777 wrote:
Just my opinion, but I could really do without all these performances.

Yeah. The whole Xtina performance was so theatrical and just kind of ridiculous. And it was weird seeing Lindsey Paveo performing in that song- it just doesn't match her style at all...it felt awkward. I think now that they have fewer contestants, they have to fill in the time. I could have done with one less performance and a little more time at the end during the instant eliminations.

gaia13 wrote:
I guess my problem with Lindsey is that she has no range.

This. I feel there isn't much she can do outside of her particular style. I don't feel there is enough power or range in her voice for what this show is trying to produce. It's great to show diversity in your song selections, but at this stage in the game, the competitors should be singing songs that clearly demonstrate their talent.

Liz_D wrote:
I think Blake didn't get to say why he picked Jordis because they were rushing him and Xtina was long winded yet again with her elimination.

Yeah, he had no time to elaborate, which must have really sucked for Jordis because there was no real explanation for her elimination.

I really, really, really hope that RaeLynn doesn't win this thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I was completely shocked by the Christina elimination. I agree that she probably wants to see growth, and he's already got his own thing, but he could have won the whole show! Everyone knew that! Yikes. I've always liked Ashley, so I'm glad she's still around. I've never liked Lindsey..I think I got completely mad at her for messing up heart shaped box SO BADLY. I just don't like the air about her, and even if she is quirky..she just always seems like she's about to pass out, or something. I've never connected with Chris. None of those performances really blew me away.

Freakin' RaeLynn.. I guess we all agree on that. Get out! She can't be saved again....... and no way she can win! That would be the worst result of any reality show, ever. I actually thought her solo performance was better than some of her others, but she was so awful on that team song. I never really became a huge fan of Jordis' singing (didn't see her on any past shows), but I know she's very passionate, and sad she had to go. I think Blake probably wished he could have elaborated, but there was no time...because of Christina. I like both Erin and Jermaine.

I could go either way with the judge/team performances really, but I enjoy them. I think most of them are fun, and they obviously had to add in to fill up time. I don't think it's odd at all to have musical performances on a singing show! Where was Cee Lo?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

but with all ^ that said, I'm kinda glad Jamar has a better chance now that Jesse is gone... as I'm sure all the other coaches/contestants are, for themselves! I do hope it stays about the best voice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

gah, raelynn is the WORST. in the group performance last night she was just laughable, with her stupid faces and her being suddenly out of tune and then trying to cover for that with a comically over-countrified accent. uuuuggghh. she reminds me a lot of diana degarmo from AI season 3. blerg.

i was rather surprised at christina's choice, but i don't really care all that much because i don't really care about anyone else anyway. i did like lindsey at first, but i feel like she would have been better one someone else's team. christina keeps trying to get her to sing BIG and that's obviously not her style... i think someone like blake or adam would be more likely to let her do her thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:17 pm 

So Blake does have balls. Color me surprised. I almost thought my dvr was going to cut off before we got an answer, though. I think they really need to work on timing on this show or do the eliminations at the beginning and save the performances until the end so that if they're running over, and they usually are, the contestants aren't getting screwed over by not getting any explanation. Watching the clip of the group sing last night and the Blake "concert", I have to say he also seems like the world's most boring performer ever, but that's neither here nor there, just a random observation.

And while I'm ranting about Blake, can I just say he really is the biggest flip-flopper. Last night he told Lindsey he'd bought all her songs on I-tunes, blah, blah, and tonight he says that Ashley is the one(of those two) whose cd he would buy.

Kinda bummed with Christina's choice tonight, although I knew she was going to do it as soon as the bottom 2 were announced.

It seemed like the judges had actual constructive comments tonight which was a nice change from the generic crepe they've been spewing lately. Also, I really liked Christina's dress tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
Huffs Nooch

gaia13 wrote:
So Blake does have balls. Color me surprised. I almost thought my dvr was going to cut off before we got an answer, though. I think they really need to work on timing on this show or do the eliminations at the beginning and save the performances until the end so that if they're running over, and they usually are, the contestants aren't getting screwed over by not getting any explanation.

I agree. I want to see more of the elimination...more of an explanation, and more time to get a reaction from the contestants who are let go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So glad Blake saved Erin! Ugh, I know he wanted a "country star," but at least he made the right decision. Erin is amazing.

I was completely surprised that votes saved Chris Mann. I thought he would be the last to be saved, but ok. I wish Ashley was chosen, but I don't think there's a winner on Christina's team, anyway. I didn't get pulled into the Lindsey performance, once again.

I just happened to hear the lyric "...down by the fire while we eat the fondue" in that Justin B. video. Geez. Definitely can do without the boy bands. In the spirit of the show, I'm way more for the judge/group performances than these awful guest things. I do think Christina tends to get the first chance to talk/explain, and she cuts the other judge's chances. Christina looked completely DISGUSTED when "greeting" Justin Bieber.

eta: re: hearing from the contestants who are let go, I don't think there's much for them to say..."thank you for the opportunity...thanks judges...thank you all...." What else can they say?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

As much as I've been Team Chris from the beginning, even I was surprised he was saved by the viewers. I'm hoping if Xtina opens her mouth too much next week when it's Adam and CeeLo's turns one of them (adam) shuts her down.

Oh, and BuhBye RaeLynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 am 
Saggy Butt

I agree with the eliminations tonight, pretty much. I think CeeLo could have lost James or Juliet fine, Cheesa and Jamar are his strongest. Adam's team isn't as strong, not sure I'm as taken with Mathai anymore. Still like Tony, but not sure the audience reaction was for him or just the song.

Of the four performances the coaches had with their teams I liked Adam's the most, he sat back and let his team have the spotlight, a nice gesture since this is biggest night for a lot of the performers.

And I'm glad Xtina seemed to shut up after the first half. Then again, it seemed like Carson was asking her opinion a little less after a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 am 

I think the eliminations were spot on tonight, although Liz, I've got to disagree with you. I feel like Juliet is stronger than Chessa. Personal preference, probably, but Chessa just belted the whole song and I would've liked it better had she built up to the belting parts. I hope CeeLo ends up with Juliet and Jamar in the end.

I feel sorry for Adam. He won this whole thing last year and this year, I think he'd be better off if he could make a team from everybody elses discarded singers. Wasn't really feeling any of his song choices tonight. I don't get the craziness over Tony/song choice either. This wasn't the first time this song has been covered by someone, and to me, the only thing it was good at was shutting Xtina up because if she had said anything much, she would've seemed catty.

Totally loved all the Cee-Lo performances tonight. He's such an entertaining and interesting performer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am 
Saggy Butt

I guess I'll never warm to Juliet. Usually I've found her to raspy/harsh but last night I thought she played it too soft.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Adam's team is so weak. :\ There's nothing special about Tony, so I dunno.
Christina was like particularly attitude-filled for this one. I liked her (or her persona on the show..) in the beginning, but now it's just too much. Eh.

I think Mathai was trying to hard this time..it just wasn't quite right.
I've been off and on about Chessa, but I definitely think she has a VOICE. I do prefer Juliet. I think Jamar will win out over both of them, though.

This whole episode/performances was kinda..............flat? Lackluster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allychristine wrote:
Adam's team is so weak. :\

I don't think they're weak at all.

Bye, Pip. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Welp, all my favorites on team Adam are now gone. I can tell that yesterday and today though, he had a really hard time making his decisions. I think I'm rooting for Chris now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next