| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:19 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Ampner, I just got an email from them today about that too! I definitely want to try one.

This is even less related to a mascara thread, but they also told me that their Superbalm Moisturizing lip gloss is vegan. Always wary, I do want to scan the label for carmine, but otherwise I can't wait to try that as well!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh wow! Superbalm is so good! I haven't used that for years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 am 
Ninja Master

ooh that's good news. I love the superbalm and those lid smoothies look interesting. I like clinique's make up.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm a strawberry-blond naturally and like Melisser, I just sort of touch my lower lashes to give them some colour but I don't go through the whole dig and wiggle.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Amy wrote:
This is even less related to a mascara thread, but they also told me that their Superbalm Moisturizing lip gloss is vegan. Always wary, I do want to scan the label for carmine, but otherwise I can't wait to try that as well!

welp, i happened past a sephora today so i did it for you--all of the labels for superbalm moisturizing gloss included carmine. sorry dudes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 am 
Ninja Master

:( denied.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 am 

bluedawg wrote:
Amy wrote:

welp, i happened past a sephora today so i did it for you--all of the labels for superbalm moisturizing gloss included carmine. sorry dudes.

FRAK! Now I feel like I can't trust what they've said about anything else! I even specify when I email companies that "animal-derived ingredients" includes things from insects like beeswax or carmine. Those mustards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Has anyone tried blinc mascara?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was an aesthetician at at a resort spa for a few years, and we carried "blinc" mascara, (formerly known as "Kiss Me'). They claim they are the original "tube" mascara, (as in, once applied it forms little tubes around your lashes), and also to be vegan. I am a new vegan, but I googled a few sites before posting this, and they seemed to confirm that blinc is indeed, vegan.

I gotta say, I love this stuff. To take it off requires rubbing your lashes somewhat vigorously w/ water. When you first remove it, you think all your eyelashes are falling out!-- but it's just the "tubes" coming off. Otherwise, this mascara stays put. It is kinda pricey, (I last bought it online for $30), but since I used to get it cheap from work, I've become hooked. I used to tell people mascara was one thing NOT to splurge on, since you really need to get rid of your mascara every three months or so because it is a real harbor for bacteria. Still, I like this so much I try to keep one of these on hand for when I want to wear mascara, and want to make sure it doesn't smudge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 am 
Ninja Master

Tenacious LD wrote:
I used to tell people mascara was one thing NOT to splurge on, since you really need to get rid of your mascara every three months or so because it is a real harbor for bacteria.

I agree with this. Even before I was vegan I never bought Chanel or Diorshow even though people raved about them, because what's the point in spending so much on something you have to bin so frequently.

Plus now I've discovered the latest Barry M one, I don't need to keep looking for a new mascara because it's awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 am 

baps wrote:
Plus now I've discovered the latest Barry M one, I don't need to keep looking for a new mascara because it's awesome!

Ooh, which one? I see three, but I don't know anything about Barry M. I kind of want to order all of them.

http://www.barrym.com/3-in-1-mascara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 am 
Ninja Master

The Lash Modelling one (purple one). It's awesome and I LOVE the brush on it. My lashes clump really easily and they don't with this mascara at all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 am 

Awesome, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Okay, what is wrong with the newer formula of BWC mascara? I was using WnW, before that Manic Panic, and before that BWC so I bought my last tube quite awhile ago.

I got the waterproof (ha) black from Cosmo's, and it runs under my eyes. I only wear mascara on the top, my eyes aren't particularly watery, and it looks like i've been crying! I will check the mirror before I leave for work and everything is fine so it's not like i'm blinking while it's wet. Then I go to the bathroom at work and bam, mascara under both eyes. It looks really bad.

I have tried curling my lashes to like, lift them up, that doesn't help. I switched back to WnW for a few days to confirm that it's the mascara, on those days it didn't run. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking about writing them a bisque-y email because it's not cheap.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Man, I need a new mascara and totally don't know what to get. I love really long thick voluminous looking lashes, and most vegan mascaras that I've tried just seem to give my lashes a faint coating, like a stain almost, but don't do much else. I need something that's available in the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 am 
Ninja Master

wowetflutter wrote:
Man, I need a new mascara and totally don't know what to get. I love really long thick voluminous looking lashes, and most vegan mascaras that I've tried just seem to give my lashes a faint coating, like a stain almost, but don't do much else. I need something that's available in the UK.

Have you tried Barry M's Lash Modelling mascara? If not, try it, it's great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I have been using the new ELF lash extending mascara. The brush is so thin that I am afraid to put pressure on it! It is a really thin mascara and was expecting more. I use two coats + a coat of UD on my top lashes...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am 

I just want to say that the ELF mascara primer is aweeeeeeesome.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:33 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Fyi for those interested in Barry M products, Asos carries some of their stuff, and they have free shipping. I got the 3-in-1 mascara and the Wink marker eyeliner and so far I really like both!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:37 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

jinger wrote:
Fyi for those interested in Barry M products, Asos carries some of their stuff, and they have free shipping. I got the 3-in-1 mascara and the Wink marker eyeliner and so far I really like both!

thanks!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 pm 

Thank you! Is Barry M ok with regards to the China situation? Because I was just thinking that when my Lush Lash runs out, I was going to order mascara from them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm 

Can you compare the Barry M to anything?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm 

http://www.lauramercier.com/store/shop/Mascara_Faux-Lash-Mascara_prod690002

This looks Ok????

ETA: Laura Mercier parent co concerns (Amway). Not animal testing, US right wing supporter.

http://www.sephora.com/deep-colour-mascara-P199105?skuId=1052232
But Korres purchased by Johnson & Johnson?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 pm 

Laura Mercier itself is cruelty free, they aren't leaping bunny certified because they are owned by a company that is partly owned by a non-CF company. Which is really removed, i'm just saying that's why you won't find them on the LB site.

ETA: You edited while I was typing, so the parent company isn't non-CF? So why aren't they on Leaping Bunny? Ugh. I quit, let's all join the no makeup movement.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 pm 

Also, anyone know anything about Edward Bess?

http://www.sephora.com/bess-lash-designer-volumizing-mascara-P305127?skuId=1404060

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next