| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:54 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I started looking through BAF because I desperately need new plugs for my second lobe piercings (I'm still wearing the crappy Hot Topic ones I bought when I was 17). But the thing with BAF if I keep adding stuff to my order. Sure I need a new nosescrew. And a ring just in case I get sick of that. And maybe some more plugs. And. And. And. It just keeps growing!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

this thread inspired me to start stretching my ears!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:18 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

me too! I just have standard pierced ears and I dont want to stretch them super big but its definitely something ive been thinking about for a really long time. I used to buy plugs a lot for my ex at plugyourholes.com I've always been a big fan of them.

I want these to match my ever growing collection of mustache clothing/jewelry

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

You should get these, too:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I want one of these so bad:

But not quite 'sure, $200 seems perfectly reasonable' bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 am 

Bun wrote:
You should get these, too:

YES I SHOULD!

Edited because i clearly don't know how to work the ppk

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Last edited by VeganFoodRocks on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am 
A Bad Person

Erinnerung wrote:

http://bodyartforms-products.bodyartforms.com/5697.jpg

Holy shiitake, $200 for a hinge? Insane! But, to be fair, those segmented rings are a mother hubbard to put in for the first time. I've got one in my septum and I've only taken it out once since.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 am 
WRETCHED

Although I plan to keep fairly small holes, I have grand plans of stretching them a little bit. Over a month ago, I bought these omega earrings that we're a pain to put in. I has to grease up my ears pretty good to do it. I think I may rather die with them in then try to take them out. I could also enlist help from my husband I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

brian wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:

http://bodyartforms-products.bodyartforms.com/5697.jpg

Holy shiitake, $200 for a hinge? Insane! But, to be fair, those segmented rings are a mother hubbard to put in for the first time. I've got one in my septum and I've only taken it out once since.

absotootly. if you don't have 3 lady hands, it's nearly impossible. (for 12g 1/4" at least)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I bought a segment ring a few weeks ago and I couldn't open it. I saw a Youtube video where this guy showed how to open them by sliding them down a pair of scissors, so I ended up doing that but it popped open super violently and the segment bit flung across the room and I still haven't found where it went. I'm pretty sure that if I'd actually managed to get it in my septum, I would have punched myself in the face trying to get it out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am 
A Bad Person

Erinnerung wrote:
Yeah, I bought a segment ring a few weeks ago and I couldn't open it. I saw a Youtube video where this guy showed how to open them by sliding them down a pair of scissors, so I ended up doing that but it popped open super violently and the segment bit flung across the room and I still haven't found where it went. I'm pretty sure that if I'd actually managed to get it in my septum, I would have punched myself in the face trying to get it out.

It's a less than fun experience. I had to use two pairs of small pliers to get mine in; one to pry it open, and another to jam the segment in there. And doing it in the mirror meant everything felt backwards, so it took a lot of coordination. But I love my segmented ring, so I probably wouldn't take it out anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I don't understand double flare plugs. How are you meant to get them in your ear if the flare is bigger than the place you are putting it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I don't understand double flare plugs. How are you meant to get them in your ear if the flare is bigger than the place you are putting it?

Your ear should naturally be able to stretch a bit, but depending on the grain of the material, you may need to oil them. Probably not with plastic or metal, but some types of wood benefit from a little lubrication.

Pretty much all the plugs/tunnels I wear regularly are double flared. I don't really like the look of those little black O rings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 am 

creep wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:

Your ear should naturally be able to stretch a bit, but depending on the grain of the material, you may need to oil them a bit. Probably not with plastic or metal, but some types of wood benefit from a little lubrication.

Pretty much all the plugs/tunnels I wear regularly are double flared. I don't really like the look of those little black O rings.

That makes sense. I guess because I am still in the process of stretching I can't imagine using double flared yet. I hate O rings because I lose them all the time!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, you should let your ears heal before you really start using double flared. I used them between sizes, but I didn't really stretch from standard up to my current size. It was more of a "I think I want bigger ear holes now" and I'd go up a size or two, stay there for a while, then repeat. I've had 3/4" for like 7-8 years now, so flares are no big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:23 am 
WRETCHED

After a shower on Saturday, I decided to try taking my earrings out on my own. That was definitely the way to go. Greased up, positioned right and a little tug and they came out. Then I decided to try using the 12g taper to see how it felt and had a slight discomfort but it worked.

Then, I decided it was time to order something for my new size. Ordered a blurple, titanium spiral from BAF.
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... &index=111

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 am 

I've got a question everyone! I've had my lip pierced for almost 3 years and haven't taken it out for more than 5 minutes in over 2 years. I took it out briefly last night, for some weird reason it was getting in the way of uhh pleasuring my man. Anyways, we passed out, I forgot to put it back in and we just got ot work and I realized I am not wearing it. I won't be able to get another one until way later tonight. I've always had a super hard time getting it back in, do you think it being out for 24 hours will be an issue?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It might be, my septum doesn't close but if I take it out in the shower to clean it and forget to put it back in before I go to sleep/work, it's difficult to get it back in. A taper will probably help if you have one.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 am 

Dude, what the hell? The flared front of my plugs keep working their way into my ear lobes and then I have to push them back out! Are my ears stretching themselves?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:29 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Oh, and re: double flares, if your ears are like mine and anti-stretchy, they may never work for you. I wear 00g, which can be 9.5 mm or 10 mm depending on the jewelry, my only double flares are 9.5 mm and if I haven't been wearing a lot of 10 mm lately, they can be difficult/impossible to get in depending on the flare size.

I have these and the back flares are pretty small and manageable. They're also good for work because they don't look like plugs per se, lots of people have complimented me on them:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 62&index=9

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Sarah-Jane wrote:
Dude, what the hell? The flared front of my plugs keep working their way into my ear lobes and then I have to push them back out! Are my ears stretching themselves?

The flares could just be small and your ears stretchy. I love my anotometal tunnels but have problems sleeping in them because this happens and then my ears get all angry. Something with bigger flares should be fine, or just stretch again :)

ETA: Only stretch if your ears are healed. I have no idea what size you're at or how long they've been there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
I've got a question everyone! I've had my lip pierced for almost 3 years and haven't taken it out for more than 5 minutes in over 2 years. I took it out briefly last night, for some weird reason it was getting in the way of uhh pleasuring my man. Anyways, we passed out, I forgot to put it back in and we just got ot work and I realized I am not wearing it. I won't be able to get another one until way later tonight. I've always had a super hard time getting it back in, do you think it being out for 24 hours will be an issue?

It really depends on your body, I guess. I heal really fast- like I once had a nostril stud that I'd had for at least a year fall out during the night, and by the time I woke up in the middle of the night and realised (max two hours later), there was no way of getting it back in. Whereas my old housemate used to be able to get her lip pierced, take it out for work a month later, leave it out for like three days and it would be fine. I think I heal unusually fast though, so it's probably pretty likely that you'll be okay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 am 

Catalina wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:

The flares could just be small and your ears stretchy. I love my anotometal tunnels but have problems sleeping in them because this happens and then my ears get all angry. Something with bigger flares should be fine, or just stretch again :)

ETA: Only stretch if your ears are healed. I have no idea what size you're at or how long they've been there.

I am just about ready to stretch again anyway but I thought this was so weird! It hasn't happened at any other size and I have been buying the same tunnels (just in bigger gauges, obviously!) and it doesn't hurt, it is just strange to wake up and have to push them back out!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 am 

Erinnerung wrote:
VeganFoodRocks wrote:

It really depends on your body, I guess. I heal really fast- like I once had a nostril stud that I'd had for at least a year fall out during the night, and by the time I woke up in the middle of the night and realised (max two hours later), there was no way of getting it back in. Whereas my old housemate used to be able to get her lip pierced, take it out for work a month later, leave it out for like three days and it would be fine. I think I heal unusually fast though, so it's probably pretty likely that you'll be okay.

My nose was the same way, I ended up having to have it re-pierced like 4 times over the course of 5 years, it would fall out in my sleep and I wouldn't realize it til a day or so later and by then it was not going back in without the help of a professional. I never ended up buying a new one and I forgot to ask my guy to bring mine into work for me today so I'm gonna try like hell to get it back in when I get to his house tonight. If it doesn't go in, I will just leave it out, I don't want to pay to get it pierced again. I do feel very naked without it though

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Sarah-Jane wrote:

Yes they are probably stretching on their own. Try leaving your plugs out at night for a night or two. That should help them close back up a bit and be snugger.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next