| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who else's exercise routine is primarily Wii-focused?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Besides going outside and walking around (which I do occasionally), I primarily get all my exercise from Wii fitness/dance games. Who's with me?

ps, DDR counts.

Post subject: Re: Who else's exercise routine is primarily Wii-focused?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When we first got our Wii a couple of years ago I used it quite often, I mainly used Wii Fit. But I stopped using it and was only using it to weigh myself every few months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 pm 
Tortilla Rita's character account

When I can be bothered to exercise, it's with the Wii. Wii Fit Plus, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, My Fitness Coach, and The Biggest Loser, which I borrowed from my BFF months ago and only played twice.

I plan on buying the new Michael Jackson dance game next month, too. My argument is that, while I hate to dance, I love MJ, and learning to dance like him will SURELY be exercise!

blog | vegan blog | twitter

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I bought a Wii a couple weeks ago. I like using it on days I can't make myself get on the elliptical machine. It's more fun than I thought it would be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm looking forward to the Zumba one. I'm currently addicted to the Just Dance games, although I really think they should just release several editions of different types of eighties music and that's it.

I don't like the Wii Fit because the talking balance board tries to motivate me primarily through the use of guilt and shame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:14 pm 
Chard Martyr

so, for a while I was just doing the regular wii sports thing - all the yoga and strength training stuff and the step thing and whatever then we gave up on that for about a year and started running. However, it's going to be too cold to run soon and I want to get a Wii game that Eppy's Dungeon Master and I can do together. Are there any good two player fitness games out there?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:40 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I've been considering getting a Wii fit with the balance board &'stuff but wondered if there's
a way to use it without it showing you your weight / bmi?

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

ijustdiedinside wrote:
so, for a while I was just doing the regular wii sports thing - all the yoga and strength training stuff and the step thing and whatever then we gave up on that for about a year and started running. However, it's going to be too cold to run soon and I want to get a Wii game that Eppy's Dungeon Master and I can do together. Are there any good two player fitness games out there?

There is a game called the great outdoor adventure or some such thing that is really fun! It is the only two person wii game that I have tried, it has a giant floor mat that you use instead of the board.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I bought a Wii fitness plus today. My balance is a lot worse than I thought. But it is so fun. I think it will be a good addiction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:08 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

i've never tried Wii Fit but I saw that Zumba is coming out and I'm super duper excited to do some Zumba at home.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think I need a Wii. I wish I could afford one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

peanutshell wrote:
i've never tried Wii Fit but I saw that Zumba is coming out and I'm super duper excited to do some Zumba at home.

I am extremely excited about the Zumba game!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

jojo wrote:
I've been considering getting a Wii fit with the balance board &'stuff but wondered if there's
a way to use it without it showing you your weight / bmi?

You don't ever have to do the weigh in. It will ask you if you want to every time, but you can always skip it.

I have Wii Fit Plus, and I think the balance board is a lot friendlier than in the original Wii Fit.

I also have EA Sports Active, and I like that it comes with a "30 day challenge" option that basically does all the work of figuring out a rotating workout schedule for you so you're not always doing the same exercises. You don't need a balance board; it comes with a resistance band and a leg strap for the nunchuck. It doesn't weigh you and mostly judges success by estimated calories burned. I also like that there are 3 intensity levels to choose from.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I've never tried wii fitness type games, do they actually help with weight loss/keeping you in shape?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 pm 
Chard Martyr

thisheregiraffe wrote:
I've never tried wii fitness type games, do they actually help with weight loss/keeping you in shape?

if you find a game/program that you really like and actually stick with it it will help. It's just like any other exercise dvd or anything. it's just...you have to actually keep doing it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 am 
Joking!

I love Wii Fit and I wish I had a huge tv, a living room bigger than a cardboard box and a Wii so that I could use it all the time. Until then it's the gym, my bike and my mom's gazillion inch tv and wii fit whenever I visit home. I am totally obsessed with Wii Fit, it does give you a pretty good workout, but I can't imagine using it with my tiny 20 inch tv that if I move my coffee table I can only stand right in front of and there's not even enough room to do yoga moves.....damn New York apartments and also not watching enough tv to ever justify buying a gigantic one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

ijustdiedinside wrote:
so, for a while I was just doing the regular wii sports thing - all the yoga and strength training stuff and the step thing and whatever.

That's what I did. I used it just about every day once I got it set up last January till the end of February (had to stop for a month then started again), By April I found I had lost 10 pounds. YAY! Then due to logistics I stopped for a while, gained five pounds, am now on and off with it. But if I do it I feel WAY better. Sometimes I do the yoga ones that I like "offline", like in the kitchen at work if I'm alone waiting for my soup to heat.

Also, if I'm doing this I'm not constantly looking in the fridge for something to eat. So I get Exercise AND Eat Less!

I love this thing. It was a Christmas gift from a friend and I never tire of telling her, BEST GIFT EVER. (She thought I was playing too many computer games).

And you can skip the weighin and just go to the training, you can even go to the My Wii place, and click on the BB character and only do the balance games if you want.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

waxwolf wrote:
peanutshell wrote:

I've been wanting to try Zumba forever but am too embarrassed to actually go to a class. This would be awesome. Someone needs to review it when they get it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Thessaly wrote:
waxwolf wrote:
peanutshell wrote:

I've been wanting to try Zumba forever but am too embarrassed to actually go to a class. This would be awesome. Someone needs to review it when they get it!

I had no idea this was coming out, I love Zumba! I definitely will have to try this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:26 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

fatcat wrote:
I bought a Wii a couple weeks ago. I like using it on days I can't make myself get on the elliptical machine. It's more fun than I thought it would be.

that's going to be my plan, I'm getting one in a few weeks and can't wait! My friends daughter was playing it the other day so I know my oldest will like it too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been pretty good about using mine. I think the games are fun and my competative motivates me to exercise everyday. Off topic, but Wii Fit Plus lets you create Miis for your dogs or cats. So far, two of my cats have them. I can't catch the other ones to weigh in. Now when I turn it on, my Mii has my kitties next to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

i busted out wii fit for the first time in almost a year. basically, it's a nice way to keep active once it starts getting colder. the weather isn't even that cold here yet, but the more pregnant i get the harder it is to do stuff out and about with a toddler in tow. so, we're staying closer to home, and i need some more low impact opportunities to burn energy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

fatcat wrote:
I've been pretty good about using mine. I think the games are fun and my competative motivates me to exercise everyday. Off topic, but Wii Fit Plus lets you create Miis for your dogs or cats. So far, two of my cats have them. I can't catch the other ones to weigh in. Now when I turn it on, my Mii has my kitties next to me.

This might be what finally pushes me over the edge buy one!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Did anyone get the Zumba game yet? I think it came out this past week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

VeganMeredith wrote:
Did anyone get the Zumba game yet? I think it came out this past week.

I just bought it on amazon! I will update upon playing.

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next