| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The poop thread!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

sunnybear wrote:
Torque - This might be a silly and repeated question, but do you drink enough water? I would definitely talk to your doctor, and get a prescription for a good stool softener or laxative. And coffee is actually what makes me go every morning!

Also, do you take any pain meds? Those are notorious for causing constipation. Anyway, your constipation sounds serious and I would definitely get it checked out!

Whoops this was meant for VanillaDoe, not Torque!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:28 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Fluid intake I guess would be a little more than average, I have a 75cl bottle which I fill up constantly, with water or squash, I guess my diet pepsi intake is pretty shocking too.

Stimulants I thought was alcohol! Since I don't really drink very often, the poop situation after a night out is hit and miss really,
Last weekend it was nothing... but my time before that... 3 times the following day! One of my fondest memories of the toilet in a LONG time. But other than that, my weekly big food binge is sure to get the ball rolling again.

No meds or anything, and i'm really hesitant to go to the doctors, last time, they prescribed me meds with lactose in, the time after that, gelatin. They know my stance on veganism.
And the time after that after going in with conjunctivitus I thought I'd bring up my constipation and passing blood on occassion, she said, and i quote 'I thought this was an emergency'. So I feel I'm not taken very seriously.

Fibre... well.. I normally end up eating lots of veggies, such as raw carrot, brussel sprouts, corn, broccoli and cabbage.I'll make sure I have half a plate of veg plus a leafy salad if Im having a sandwich for dinner. And often before bed I will just snack on brussel sprouts and/or broccoli and hot-sauce. Will often choose wholegrain over white refined products. Although I do indulge in the white stuff (white potatoes, rice, sugary sauces) :)
Oh actually... I do consume lots of canned seitan, perhaps its the gluten?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 am 
Seagull of the PPK

gluten is funny, i know for me it used to make me horribly constipated, now not so much.
if i were you i would try getting a fiber supplement from the pharmacy, maybe just those little lozenge or disc things and maybe have a can of beer and see if you have a difference.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:48 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I think it's possible for too much fiber to cause constipation as well. Can't tell if what you are eating is too much but you could try and keep a record of what you eat on good and bad toilet days?

Also the sweeteners in diet drinks cause bad stomach reactions for many people, but I think they tend to be diarrheoa and that sort of thing.

As someone else suggested, excercise often helps and of course has other benefits such as helping you relax- digestive problems can be related to or exacerbated by stress.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I like to drink a hot cup of water with lemon first thing in the morning when I've lost my poop. I feel like it's very "cleansing." I use that word lightly, because I'm not in to 'cleanses,' but I think it gets things moving and is refreshing.

Are you eating enough normally? What do you eat for the 'binge' that's different than what you normally eat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:46 pm 

Yeah i think I'll see what else the pharmacys got, I have used herbal laxative teas before, but i dont want to develop that dependancy.
Failing that, I'll see what a beer can do for me!

Yeah I have a horrid eating pattern, I dont eat during the day and wait until nightime to eat.
It will be a hearty sized meal and I'll have a little something sweet after.
Once a week I'll binge on takeout, following the same type of thing, I'll eat till I am about to pop! Then the next day I'll go to the toilet...
This constipation has been going on before I developed this eating routine though.

So I'm wondering maybe If it could be to do with lack of fats in the diet??

Seeing as my bingey food is an extortionate amount of chinese takeout,
It's pretty high in fat unlike the rest of my meals which I'll try my hardest to make low fat.
Is there a link between constipation and a lack of fats in the diet?
Because I think that would explain the troubles prior!
During the whole excitement about being newly vegan and trying all the processed foods (high fat) I believe I was regular.
And then I guess developed a problem when settling into it better and becoming more mindful in wholesome cooking (low fat)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:33 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Restricting food and not eating regularly could have something to do with the issue. Your description of what you typically eat sounds a bit low in the fat and protein departments.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

VanillaDoe, I don't want to overstep, but have you talked to a professional about your relationship with food?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:03 am 

I did get refered to a place for help last year, but it was short lived as it was in the form of group therapy, and it was very unsettling for me being around others as I found myself getting triggered, which I knew would only make things worse.
So I guess I never really saw it through.

Trying coffee now :)
I had a friend who claimed she could only go to the bathroom if she had a cigarette, I don't understand the science behind this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:06 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

VanillaDoe wrote:
I did get refered to a place for help last year, but it was short lived as it was in the form of group therapy, and it was very unsettling for me being around others as I found myself getting triggered, which I knew would only make things worse.
So I guess I never really saw it through.

Trying coffee now :)
I had a friend who claimed she could only go to the bathroom if she had a cigarette, I don't understand the science behind this.

Yeah, cigarettes do make you poop. I don't really know why either but it is true.

Having been in your situation, food issues wise, I think it is smart to avoid laxatives and that kind of thing. If you need to chat feel free to PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:07 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Coffee does it all the time for me. And yeah, VanillaDoe, maybe try to eat more regulary? I understand that can be hard, but maybe it helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This article seems right up our alley: Stool size may have an inverse relationship to breast cancer risk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:48 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm going to start incorporating the expression "mouth-to-anus transit time" into my day-to-day conversations.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lepelaar wrote:
I'm going to start incorporating the expression "mouth-to-anus transit time" into my day-to-day conversations.

Hah, I wish I had the brass ovaries to do that!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I took the most vegan poop ever yesterday. I also almost took that poop standing in line at Whole Foods, but I PREVAILED.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:28 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm so proud of my poops lately. They're perfect, take me like a minute to do, and I go probably 2-3x a day. Quick, not smelly, bingo bango. It's pretty awesome because as a teenager I used to poop like once a week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:18 pm 

paprikapapaya wrote:
I'm so proud of my poops lately. They're perfect, take me like a minute to do, and I go probably 2-3x a day. Quick, not smelly, bingo bango. It's pretty awesome because as a teenager I used to poop like once a week.

I'm jealous!
Quick toilet sessions are the way to go.
I don't for the life of me understand why people feel the need to dither around on the loo and read a magazine,
Either it takes the poop an age to emerge,
or they finished pooping a while ago and now they're just sat there with a soiled backside and its just ...drying out
OR they're constipated, in which case, surely all their efforts and attention should be on getting that shiitake out, rather than on their reading material.

The last poop I had was making me question whether I am a human being or a stone eating rabbit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

luckyklutz wrote:
I took the most vegan poop ever yesterday.

Green, from all the kale chips? :D

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I spent a long weekend with a bunch of fellow hot-pepper enthusiasts (where we had at least 4 good-and-hot sauces at every meal), and then came back yesterday and made red thai curry, and all i can say is HOLY forking HOT BUTT.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 pm 
Impressive boner

I spent far too long on the toilet today, and I wasn't dithering! I've been sick with sinusitis and it's given me horrible stomach cramps.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:35 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Before i was vegan I literally only went about once a month O_o (even as a kid, I'd only go about once week or so) But now i go like every 2-3 days :O huzzah!

lol poop topic <3

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I get really annoyed if it takes me more than a minute to poop, if I have stomach cramps I bring in a book but other than that, i'm just staring at my feet impatiently.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

woah, how can people poop once a week or less?!! Even before I was vegan (or vegetarian, for that matter), it was a daily thing.

I set a new record for myself the other day: 4 poops in ONE DAY. Coffee'll do it, dudez.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I don't understand people who won't poo because the toilet's not up to their standards or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

reading teh whole thread and reviving past posts.

lamegs wrote:
I was always tormented with poops as a child. Every time I went to a friends house I got terrible diarrhea, like clog the toilet and have to explain to their parents and my friend.

this happened to me once - i think i was like 13 and it's been 22 years and I'm still traumatized. not the diarrhea part, the clogged toilet part.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I am also a lightning pooper. If it takes more than a minute I get really annoyed. The only time I take a book or computer with me is if i've had stomach cramps and it's my second trip in ten minutes or something.

same

starrynight87 wrote:
I need a bloody toilet that can handle my vegan poops. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times the thing has overflowed after I took a crepe. Does anyone else have this problem?

all the time lately! i thanked the toilet in the hall bath today because it flushed (the plunger is in my bathroom and the husband was in there).

i actually have to see a doc cause i'm having some issues that i just really want help with, but my doctor is a fairly attractive soldier doc and i find this whole thing really embarrassing. tips to alleviate poo/butt related doctor embarrassment?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next