It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: shiitake my mom says on Facebook about PPKers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

zebedee wrote:
takecare wrote:
waxwolf wrote:
My mom's page said "interested in women and men" for the longest time. For some reason I didn't catch it until it was brought to my attention by my boyfriend at the time. I told her that "interested in women and men" doesn't mean what she thinks it means, and in a panic, she accidentally deleted her entire page.

HAHAHA i love this.

Haha! I know a couple of people who also have "interested in men and women" on their profiles, and I'm pretty sure they don't know what it means (we're talking super-conservative types here).

My sister had that for a little while (because she was only on there as interested in meeting friends), and I thought it was her way of coming out. I almost called her to have a serious "I'm proud of you" conversation before one of her fb friends commented on it and she responded "lol oops!" and changed it.

My mother has a store, and her customers wanted her to have a facebook page, but you need to have a profile to have a page, I guess? So she started one, then got annoyed when peopl started friending her instead of her store. She told me, "I don't care about friends, I only want fans."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

my mom friended me on facebook and i denied it, then felt guilty and immediately requested her back. then, when i talked to her next she mentioned how strange it was that she requested me, but then had to accept my request. and i had to tell her what happened. she told me that she knows i drink and curse, so it's not a big deal. (um, awesome?) then i blocked her from all my stuff and felt guilty again and put her back to normal and finally i realized none of it really matters because she gets on facebook, like, once a month and will call me to thank me for mentioning she was right about something, which i'll have posted 2 months ago.

my dad got a facebook and i don't think he is ever on. i wish he was, because he's hilarious.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:07 am 
Chip Strong

I kind of wish my parents had facebooks, just to see what they would do with them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

As awesome as my mom is, she is OBSESSED with Bejeweled. I had to block the application, she was driving me nuts. Oh, and Bubble Spinner, at least a dozen types of solitaire, and she does all those breast cancer awareness memes. It's a good thing she's 90% amazing, or I'd hide her all together, rather than block a new application every day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I am so glad neither of my parents are on facebook. My sister is, but neither of us have requested the other and I am glad of that too. I also love it when Mo's mum comments, she is awesome. Also, MessyVeggie's mum.

One of my friends posts super-dirty things all the time and his mum always comments something random and clueless on his updates and signs them 'mother dearest'. It's... odd.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

interrobang?! wrote:
I am so glad neither of my parents are on facebook. My sister is, but neither of us have requested the other and I am glad of that too.

Since I'm an only child, I'm always intrigued by sibling stories. It seems weird that you wouldn't be friends! ..but I guess understandable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:56 pm 
Joking!

I get asked at least once a year if I'm gay by my mom because it says I'm in an open relationship with one of my friends, the second time they asked because it was clear I was hiding a relationship from them so they thought I was hiding the fact that I had a girlfriend and was gay, when really I just didn't want to introduce them to my boyfriend because at that point I wasn't sure how long we'd be together. And more recently (I still haven't changed the relationship status) I was asked if my friend and I were sharing my boyfriend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 am 
Nailed to the V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QePidL750