| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

Wow, I'm surprised again by who viewers chose, at least with Tony. He's my choice from Adam's team but I didn't really think others liked him as much.

Maybe next season they'll figure out the timing so everyone has time to have their say!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:16 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm getting more and more meh about this show. i do like tony, but i also like a lot of people who already got booted, and/or i'm annoyed because even the people i like have been giving weird performances. i feel like almost everyone sucked last night, even the ones i usually like. MEEEEH.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 am 
Ninja Master

I watched some of the UK one for the first time this week. I don't think I like this show. Although Tom Jones is a judge!! bahahaha.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:05 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

allychristine wrote:
Adam's team is so weak. :\

ITA. It seems like he's sorta disappointed with who he ended up with as well.

Liz_D wrote:
Maybe next season they'll figure out the timing so everyone has time to have their say!

Here's an idea, cut out Christina whats-her-name with the behind the scenes stuff(because who cares), and tell the audience to shut the fork up when the judges are trying to talk/critique. Reading over this it sounds snarky towards Liz, and Liz, I'm not trying to be snarky to you, so I apologize if it comes across that way. Just general feelings towards the show.

I'm not surprised with how America voted at all. America tends to vote guys through more often than girls on shows like this, and I sorta felt that last night was going to be no exception. I am a little surprised with Adam's choice, though. I hated Katrina's Perfect. There was no connection there, and it was frankly a very boring performance. Mathai's on the other hand was fun and energetic, albeit pitchy in places. But based solely on those performances I would've picked Mathai. And Chessa seemed to know she was going home based on her song choice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yes, I thought that was a very strange song to pick for Chessa..lyrically. I agree with the choice of Juliet, and I like her more. I think she's trying to show that she can be versatile, but I prefer her earlier performances.

I have liked several people from Adam's team, I just don't think they have what it takes to win this show.. I'm meh, and I think several eliminated singers have been better than Tony.

They do need to cut out some of the annoyances with the show, as a whole!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

Not that I didn't like the guest coaches, wish they hadn't been chosen just because they have a new show three of them are going to be on for ABC , Duets.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm 
Saggy Butt

Did anyone else think that Tony's song may have been partially a message directed at a certain judge? Still think he did a great job, glad Chris kept true to himself in his choice. They all have improved so much since the beginning.

And Christina STILL can't seem to keep her comments short and not about herself. Even when she was trying to complement someone, it just didn't sound sincere.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 pm 
Huffs Nooch

All right. My favorites are now Katrina and Erin. I hope one of them wins.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My favorites from each team:

Adam: Katrina (love that song!)

Blake: Erin

Christina: Chris

Cee Lo: Juliet

I have always loved Jamar, and wanted him to win..but I really think Juliet has a special something! I would be happy if it was Katrina, Erin, Juliet, or Jamar..but my pick is Juliet.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My picks are Katrina, Erin, Lindsay, and Jamar. I would be really happy if any of the four of them won. I have a feeling Jamar might win.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I am definitely surprised by and disappointed in Adam's decision.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:34 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

that's cool that jamar is still in it! he used to volunteer at a place i volunteered at and he came in randomly one day and sang for everyone after the show had just started. i always get emails about watching the show from this organization! cool!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

well, that sucked. only one of the four people that went through was the one that i liked better on that given team. boooooo.

very very sad about jamar. i don't get all the juliet love.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I'm so happy Juliet made it through! I thought, and I think she did as well, that she was a goner, given the results of every other team. Clearly America is either a bunch of teenage girls or I just don't have a clue with regards to what is popular, because I would not have voted all the guys through.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I sorta feel like once we get to the final 8, and then down to the final 4, it should be the top vote getters, regardless of which team they're on instead of having one person represent each team. I just feel like good people are getting sent home when they shouldn't be, and if one coach has two really talented singers(see Cee Lo), both should be able to represent them in the finals. It'd be interesting to me to see what the rankings would be if we just took everyones scores last night and put them in numerical order. I wonder how much would be different.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:43 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

gaia I do find it frustrating that they keep competing against there team until the finals. This year had some pretty lopsided teams talentwise and to see some more talented folks go home because of which team they are on sucks. I am pretty happy with who made it through in the end but personally prefer Lindsey and Katrina to Chris and Tony. If Adam hadn't given him the higher score Tony wouldn't have beaten Katrina which does give me a little more faith in the voters and Juliet won the popular vote and would have had the higher score even without Ceelo's extra points. But I will never understand how Chris Mann wins each week. I can't imagine he could put out anything we haven't already heard by Josh Groban. I actually think he must be winning the grandma vote.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Bella Luna wrote:

Yes, Katrina was robbed. Adam made it all about himself. Tony may have a good stage presence, but I don't find anything interesting or unique in his voice.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Jill wrote:
Bella Luna wrote:

Yes, Katrina was robbed. Adam made it all about himself. Tony may have a good stage presence, but I don't find anything interesting or unique in his voice.

I agree, but I think I'm all for Juliet for the win. I did very much enjoy Jamar, and I feel like he had full confidence that he would win the whole show...so hopefully his attitude will not be defeated once again. Also sad to see Erin go.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:29 pm 
Saggy Butt

I don't really have a problem with Adam's decision, maybe because I like Tony. I knew what he was saying about connecting to one or the other. She sang well, and really improved over the season, but I never really cared for Katrina. Then again I've never 'connected' with Juliet as much as I love listening to Janis Joplin and similar singers. Was super surprised at Jamar not getting much of the popular vote. Though I'm fine with the judges using their points as they choose, I'm surprised at CeeLo's decision to give more to Juliet, thought he was more into Jamar's style. Then again he seems more into the girls.

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
But I will never understand how Chris Mann wins each week. I can't imagine he could put out anything we haven't already heard by Josh Groban. I actually think he must be winning the grandma vote.

:-0 I'm not a grandma and I voted for him. And I have never ever bought a Josh Groban album!

Okay, I may have downloaded one song of his years ago, ONE, but I didn't pay!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Liz_D wrote:
Did anyone else think that Tony's song may have been partially a message directed at a certain judge? Still think he did a great job, glad Chris kept true to himself in his choice. They all have improved so much since the beginning.

And Christina STILL can't seem to keep her comments short and not about herself. Even when she was trying to complement someone, it just didn't sound sincere.

Yeah, all the interactions between Christina and Tony have been really interesting. It makes me wonder if there was some bad blood in between them in the Mickey Mouse Club. Even at his audition, her greeting to him seemed insincere.

Bella Luna wrote:
All right. My favorites are now Katrina and Erin. I hope one of them wins.

Sorry. :( I'm sad about Jamar too.

Jill wrote:
Bella Luna wrote:

I agree. There is something going on between Tony and Christina (and maybe even Adam), and I'm convinced that's the only reason he's still around. Katrina was a FAR better choice.

Chris is my pick to win. I just hope that when he wins, Christina doesn't try to make it out to be all because of her.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 pm 
Saggy Butt

Tony's song wasn't right for him, cause of his 99 problems a B*#@& is one, named Christina. Can she PLEASE shut up! I'd never heard the song, don't really listen to JZ, and it didn't bother me. It's just a song.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Christina is out of control!

I did think it was a neat take on the song, because it was so different, but kinda weird since the majority of it was ______ . I'd pretty much be ok if anyone wins except Tony... he is just not THE VOICE.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

No reaction to the finale?
There MUST be a reaction to Christina's (non-perfromance) outfit of sparkly superhero underpants...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:17 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

It's funny, because I thought I liked her outfit, then she stood up and I was like, Girl! Where are your pants!

I don't have much reaction to the finale to be honest. Some of the performances were amazing, and some were just OK. I thought either of the four were wonderful, and would have been happy with any of them.

My favorite bit was the Jackson Five cover. Oh, and Jamal. Damn, he's fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I thought it was fun! (not the glittery underwear....) Loved the 4 guy performance. I'm happy with Jermaine, but I was pulling for Juliet. I hope they all get what they want.

There was something quite off about Tony and Jordis' performance?! The timing was weird. Anyway, I still really like this show! I enjoy watching it. However, I have to stay away from facebook until I've seen the results! For both seasons, I've accidentally seen a spoiler beforehand! This time, it was RIGHT BEFORE I saw the actual results section.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

+1 yummy on jamar, the jackson 5 cover, and xtina's ridiculous underpants.

totally meh about the finale, the only person i really liked in that group was tony, and i actually wanted him to win just because of how extremely rude christina had been to him lately. she needs to settle the eff down.

as i've whined about before, most of the people i really liked got cut early on, and i'm still so sad for jamar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next