| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smash!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am 
Hip Goiter

Yeah! That ambulance scene wasn't in it. I get that they were showing previews for the rest of the season, but that's cheap. They always focus in the previews on something that isn't actually happening in the next episode (like hello when Uma showed up for 2 SECONDS?). Pissing me off. Also, I get that Ellis is evil, and sure, let him do some crazy awful things like texting Karen that she could home so she'd get in trouble. But feeding a deadly allergen to someone he knows is allergic to it? That's not ok, and I'm angry at the show for that, not at the character writing.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
Chard Martyr

gwenc02 wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
What a weird song choice for this kind of swanky club!

I was just coming on to post the same thing.

Snow Patrol, really?

Yeah, what? Ugh. So much less Karen pleeeease. (only just started the ep)

Grossest smoothie ever.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm 
Chard Martyr

I mean, I get that Karen is the protagonist but blah.

Leo is played by an awful actor and has brutal lines.

The allergen thing was insane.

The music was so boring this ep!

Aw, it is adorable how much Tom cares about Julia/Leo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:53 am 
ugh

More Tom, please.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 am 
Hip Goiter

Yeah so much more Tom and Julia in the work environment please. No more Anjelica Huston naked! No more Dev, Leo, Ellis. More Ann Harada.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 am 
Chard Martyr

RandiJM wrote:
Yeah so much more Tom and Julia in the work environment please. No more Anjelica Huston naked! No more Dev, Leo, Ellis. More Ann Harada.

Yes yes and yes. And yes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am 
Hip Goiter

Omg... Just read that Josh Safran, aka the writer and exec producer of Gossip Girl, will be the new showrunner in season 2. Is that good, since they're obv embracing the crazy? Or are we in for a lot of limo sex but no satisfaction?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am 
Chard Martyr

I think it's probably good. We are totally embracing the crazy. The serious doesn't work for this show! Except when it comes to Julia, who is arguably the most complex and interesting character.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

RandiJM wrote:
Yeah! That ambulance scene wasn't in it. I get that they were showing previews for the rest of the season, but that's cheap. They always focus in the previews on something that isn't actually happening in the next episode (like hello when Uma showed up for 2 SECONDS?). Pissing me off. Also, I get that Ellis is evil, and sure, let him do some crazy awful things like texting Karen that she could home so she'd get in trouble. But feeding a deadly allergen to someone he knows is allergic to it? That's not ok, and I'm angry at the show for that, not at the character writing.

It would be an awful thing to do...but the other characters all seem to be dismissing it as a "real" allergy and assuming she just wants "special potato chips". My daughter has a peanut allergy so I know it is an actual big deal not a diva demand so it would be stupid to do but it seems the most likely reason for someone not breathing and needing an ambulance unless Anjelica Huston has a heart attack or something. Also they are making too big a deal about it for it to not figure prominently somehow. I definitely didn't like how they had Ivy eyeballing the spice grinder for the flax seeds and it would also explain why Uma Thurman demands someone gets fired in one of the episodes.

Oh I would assume it is a severe allergy with cross contamination since she wouldn't eat anything at the Indian restaurant which again could be taken as her being as asparagus but could also be the allergy and therefore be legit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

This may be a silly question, but are they going to wrap up the Bombshell storyline in the next 3 episodes and have a different show for season 2(since I just found out it was renewed) or are we still going to be dealing with this same bullshiitake for another 20+episodes next season? I really hope it's a new show, although I feel like it'll be rushed to get this one wrapped up nicely in 3 eps.

RandiJM wrote:
But feeding a deadly allergen to someone he knows is allergic to it? That's not ok, and I'm angry at the show for that, not at the character writing.

ITA. At first I thought that was the favor Ivy had, but then I realized she isn't that evil. Can we please be done with Ellis next season. I don't mind bad/evil characters, but he's just useless, imo, and kinda boring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:29 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Why did Ellis need Karen's cell phone in order to send her a text claiming that practice was canceled?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm 

Tzippy wrote:
Why did Ellis need Karen's cell phone in order to send her a text claiming that practice was canceled?

He didn't use Karen's phone. That was just another chorus person and I'm guessing he did it so it wouldn't come back to him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:29 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Ha, I guess I wasn't paying very close attention (or Karen is so nondescript that I can't tell her apart from others).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 pm 

She's really just that nondescript. The only reason I knew it wasn't hers(and I thought so at first, too since I was only half watching) was that she and Uma had just walked in the door when she got it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't believe they kept Uma's character as the leading lady if she sucked so much. I guess it's leading up to Karen getting the role, under some circumstance, or at least I hope so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah I can think of plenty of shows that use stars to get business/off the ground. Although not the same situation as a new show trying to find its legs, the ridiculous star casting of Chicago comes to mind.
I still want Ivy to get it in the end. Oh well. I actually would rather watch a show that's mostly Tom and Derek bantering. Those opening scenes were great!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
gwenc02 wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
What a weird song choice for this kind of swanky club!

I was just coming on to post the same thing.

Snow Patrol, really?

Yeah, what? Ugh. So much less Karen pleeeease. (only just started the ep)

Grossest smoothie ever.

She killed it though. I do love that song.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 pm 
Hip Goiter

OMG "I'm in tech!" is the GREATEST answer to a proposal ever! Hysterical

Dammit. This show was doing so well! It was chugging along not angering me, and then boom the cheap forced insertion of pop song performances. God this is when I despise this show. Just show music in the freaking making of a musical! Don't force performances in 'sing-offs' and shiitake like that. grrrrrr!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I actually kind of liked the opening number, but the sing off was forced.

It seems like this show needs to decide what it wants to be - does it want to be a serious drama about the making of a musical or Glee with grownups. Right now it's veering dangerously close to the second one, and that's not meant to be a compliment.

And seriously, if the producers want us to believe that Katharine McPhee is a good singer, can't they cool it with the auto tune?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Is there anyone on this show who isn't a Cheaty von Cheaterson? It's hard for me to keep liking a show when there are so few likable characters.
And whenever I am confronted with some situation I just can't deal with, I'm just going to yell, "I'M IN TECH!"

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

gwenc02 wrote:

It seems like this show needs to decide what it wants to be - does it want to be a serious drama about the making of a musical or Glee with grownups. Right now it's veering dangerously close to the second one, and that's not meant to be a compliment.

Couldn't agree more!

PlushLifeGirl wrote:
Is there anyone on this show who isn't a Cheaty von Cheaterson? It's hard for me to keep liking a show when there are so few likable characters.

I was so confused by this episode. First I was yelling at the TV at all the cheating. Who goes from nearly sleeping with somebody else one day to proposing the next? Also don't Ivy and Dev already know each other, or were they being coy at the bar? Oh and did I miss why they were suddenly in Boston to work on the show. I really feel like I missed a step somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 am 
Chard Martyr

Bah, dumb episode. And normally I love Julia story lines, but duh, we get it that you don't want to cheat again but you totally will anyway. Are we ever going to hear Uma sing? (I don't count Happy Birthday). MORE MUSIC PLEASE. And as RJM expressed, not forced pop shiitake.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am 
Hip Goiter

Oh I hope she doesn't cheat again! I hate BDJ's sad face.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
OMG "I'm in tech!" is the GREATEST answer to a proposal ever! Hysterical

Dammit. This show was doing so well! It was chugging along not angering me, and then boom the cheap forced insertion of pop song performances. God this is when I despise this show. Just show music in the freaking making of a musical! Don't force performances in 'sing-offs' and shiitake like that. grrrrrr!

They're still doing better than Glee in that respect.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 pm 
Hip Goiter

How amazing would 'Bombshell' be if it wasn't about Marilyn?? The Previews ep really made it look so so good! I mean maybe it's because the last Bway musical I saw was 'Leap of Faith' so it seems amazing, but still !

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next