| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Veg/Gluten Free - but Omni friendly....help!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi everyone!
My husband and I are driving down from PDX to meet my family (sis/bro-in-law/mom/dad) in SF for 5 days next week. We've got the activities pretty much decided (go Giants!)...but I need restaurant help big time! My husband and I are vegan, my sister was recently Dx with Celiac Disease so she needs gluten free. Any ideas for restaurants? My parents (as well as my sis and bro-in-law) are not very adventurous eaters - so we need some ideas that are kind of "safe" (and not too spicy...pepper is my mom's idea of spice).
I'm not sure exactly where the house we rented is, but I know it's near ATT park and we will have a car...so if there are any nice places that you think we all might be able to eat at I would be really appreciative!
Thanks!
Brook

p.s. Husband and I will have a night alone at Millennium - I wish, but don't think, the family will enjoy that for the $$$

Post subject: Re: Veg/Gluten Free - but Omni friendly....help!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:41 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Saha is vegan/gf/omni friendly. It's not near at&t park though. Source is only like 7 blocks away and it might be able accommodate you too (they're def vegan friendly and I think fairly gluten free friendly), though they don't serve any meat.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

The Plant Cafe on the Embarcadero might be a good choice too. Their food is fairly simple, but I think it's mostly pretty non-"threatening" for unadventurous eaters. I'm pretty sure they have some GF stuff on their menu. You can check here: http://www.theplantcafe.com/menus

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Thanks guys! I'll look into these...maybe if I can provide the folks with a few safe choices they will be more open to some new (and yummy) things!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:17 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Not really a meal place, but C.R.E.A.M. (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me) on Telegraph in Berkeley does build-your-own ice cream sandwiches. They're reasonably priced, have five vegan cookie and two vegan ice cream options, and I believe have five gluten-free cookie options as well. I just went last night with someone who has celiac disease and we both left very happy! Now's a good time to go, too, because Cal just cleared out for summer!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:18 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

You may want to look into Amici's as well- they do traditional NY-style pizza and offer both gluten-free crusts and daiya cheese!