| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Today my FWP is that someone drank all my decaf! Without even asking! Joke's on them, though, since they probably didn't know it was decaf.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Chipmunk wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
A few of the Swedish ones are drier. Astrakan comes to mind, but I have no idea if it's vegan or not. The only English one I remember as vegan is Strongbow, which isn't a favourite. I'll check out Westons/Green Goblin next time I'm in the mood for a cider, thanks.

I'll have to check that one out. Strongbow tastes like apple juice based on what I recall from trying it once.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but Strongbow isn't vegan any more http://www.veggiewines.co.uk/popularbeers.htm#cider

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

My ears got stained in the process of hennaing my hair. They are now a delightful shade of dorito.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

jojo wrote:
Chipmunk wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
A few of the Swedish ones are drier. Astrakan comes to mind, but I have no idea if it's vegan or not. The only English one I remember as vegan is Strongbow, which isn't a favourite. I'll check out Westons/Green Goblin next time I'm in the mood for a cider, thanks.

I'll have to check that one out. Strongbow tastes like apple juice based on what I recall from trying it once.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but Strongbow isn't vegan any more http://www.veggiewines.co.uk/popularbeers.htm#cider

Bah. Exactly why I only drink cider every few years. Luckily I don't like Strongbow so it's no great loss. And since when is Woodpecker vegan? That's one of the first ciders I ever drank, but I don't even remember what it tastes like anymore. Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

It's my day off and I can't decided whether to go to the library or watch Mad Men first.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Much luck to you LW. I'd offer my iBook G4, but it's going to my dad too, probably. It depends on what he likes. I don't want to force this stuff on him, but I think he'd really like seeing all the silly pictures and videos and connected with people on FB and whatnot. Plus we'll be able to FaceTime, which will be so, so nice.

On the G4? Mine still works great, but lots of things won't run on it these days.

Nah, Facetime on the iPad. I'm actually not sure if he'll even want a computer because I think he'll feel a lot more comfortable with the iPad, but it seems like something where you should have both of those things? Actually I'm not sure how to set him up. I might just sync his with my computer and then load music and apps on it for him, so he can just play with it without thinking. Then I was thinking I would get a gift card and put the amount for the app store so he can get things when he wants. Not sure about creating an icloud account for him and whatnot or just linking through mine. I want to set him up with an email and facebook account, too. I think he'll like it most to play games, listen to music, watch videos, and interact with friends/family.

So I guess today's first world problem would be stressing out about getting my dad set up online.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm 
Naked Under Apron

The battery of my Kindle Fire is going out, and I left my charger at home. Curses!

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Part of a song has been stuck in my head for the past day or so. I usually just listen to a song to get it out of my head, but I can't remember the name or any of the lyrics to this song (ridiculous, I know), so I can't look it up to listen to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I suddenly felt like tomato soup, so I bought some on my way to work. Now, I would like to consume said soup. But there are no mugs or bowls to be found!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

The iPhone on Sherlock uses the same generic ringtone as my iPhone and it keeps ringing on the show, so I keep jumping up to check my phone. Goddammit, television!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:09 am 
Huffs Nooch

My printer is bring a poo face.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

My parents got my younger brother a kindle fire for his birthday. Why does a 9 year old need a kindle fire? They could at least wait until he's in double digits. Goodness.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I can't decide whether to take my brown shoes or black boots to San Francisco for the weekend and am meanwhile grumbling that my super comfy greenish boots are in Boston.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

i ate too much fancy, vegan food* at work and now i don't feel very great. /sigh/

*eta-it was all sugar, basically. I got what I deserved.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

paxloo wrote:
My parents got my younger brother a kindle fire for his birthday. Why does a 9 year old need a kindle fire? They could at least wait until he's in double digits. Goodness.

If it has any iPad like capabilities, it's a great educational tool. It can teach kids to take care of things, get comfortable with technology, and there are tons of math, reading and science games and apps.

I would, without doubt, get one for my little kid as soon as they could benefit. The touch interface is great for little kids developmentally and can help build motor coordination.

I wouldn't be replacing books with one or anything so drastic, but I'm pretty excited about a lot of the science education capabilities of a lot of these touch screen devices and tablets.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

thisheregiraffe wrote:
i ate too much fancy, vegan food* at work and now i don't feel very great. /sigh/

Mine is similar. I went out for dinner and had an amazing chickpea-peanut burger, celeriac coleslaw AND tiramisu (which I obviously had to get since I've never had vegan tiramisu before), and now I feel sick-full. This sucks but it was worth it.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:37 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

paprikapapaya wrote:
thisheregiraffe wrote:

Mine is similar. I went out for dinner and had an amazing chickpea-peanut burger, celeriac coleslaw AND tiramisu (which I obviously had to get since I've never had vegan tiramisu before), and now I feel sick-full. This sucks but it was worth it.

Mine's similar too! Foodswings + DunWell Donuts = Food Coma!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

All of my first world problems are food related. I always have too many options, so either eat junk or something boring/that I already had that day, like oatmeal.

Why can I never decide what to make for meals?!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am 
So Totally Yiffy

lavawitch wrote:
paxloo wrote:

If it has any iPad like capabilities, it's a great educational tool. It can teach kids to take care of things, get comfortable with technology, and there are tons of math, reading and science games and apps.

I would, without doubt, get one for my little kid as soon as they could benefit. The touch interface is great for little kids developmentally and can help build motor coordination.

I wouldn't be replacing books with one or anything so drastic, but I'm pretty excited about a lot of the science education capabilities of a lot of these touch screen devices and tablets.

I understand what you're saying and for the most part I agree with you. However, my brother already has a wii and a 3ds and a portable dvd player and a computer. At some point, I want him to "earn" them not just have them because he is spoiled and entitled (which I think he is to an extent). When I was 9 I got a barbie doll.

Meh... I think I just need to get over myself. It's just technology.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My co-worker doesn't understand how forking irritating her radio is to several other people in the office (me included) and whenever I ask her to turn it down she asserts that "you can't hear it" where I'm sitting. Lady, I wouldn't be asking you to turn it down if it wasn't annoying me because I can hear the same 5 (awful, autotuned) songs over and over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am almost out of my stash of emergency chocolate in my classroom! Eeek!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:58 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Tomorrow and the next day are my day off, but tonight at work I got to take down the entire department in preparation for painting (that will be done overnight tonight), and I'm really annoyed that I won't be able to be at work tomorrow to set it back up. I have a really good idea for a different way to set it up, I texted my coworker a drawing of the idea, but I know they are usually more resistant to change than I am so without me there to convince them the awesomeness of it, they won't do it. Wah.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ugh. I didn't sleep well last night because my dad snores and I had a ton of work to do, then got up at 4 to catch a morning flight from SFO to LAX and immediately go to class and I've been doing work since. I've slept 3 hours in the last 36 and my poor neglected knees are hurting so badly from climbing all those hills while in SF that I can't even think. Whine, whine. This is a FWP because I had the most awesome time in San Francisco. Exploratorium!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

My local grocery store is currently out of hemp milk. I have to buy rice milk for now. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:55 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

That reminds me - I went grocery shopping this weekend, and they were completely out of my soy milk, so I had to get the light version of it. Light soy milk? Is there a need for that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 168  Next