| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: psoriasis support thread!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i haven't slept a full night's sleep in a long time. i knew it would come back.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:39 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

So, I know no one's posted in this thread for a while, but I actually have been having pretty good luck with just pure vegetable glycerine. I got a 16 fl.oz. bottle of vegetable glycerine, and I've been putting it on my plaque psoriasis every time it gets itchy. Seriously, my patch grows skin like no other so it gets itchy like mad, and the glycerine helps to remove that top dry layer. Once I started gently rubbing it on, and the dried skin on top starting soaking it up and getting mashed/rolled together into a log. I rolled the moistened dead skin into a ball and stared at it for a good 5 minutes. It was gross, but still oddly cool - the consistency was almost like play dough. I thought if I kept that little ball, I could add to it, and then sculpt/mold something out of it, but changed my mind and threw it away. haha.

I also noticed bits of my plaque getting flatter and less "puffy" and inflamed-looking. I haven't changed my diet, so that's not what's helping. I do think if my plaque ever goes away, I'm sure it will leave some sort of discolored spot or scar, but the glycerine is definitely helping with ending my bouts of extreme itchiness, and the really annoying flaky stage...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

it's autoimmune, yes, (not fungal) basically your producing too many skin cells because your body thinks there is some type of issue where it needs to be healing even if you don't.

I have it on my left foot and also in one toenail. I am going to get checked for psoratic arthritis too because they say if you have it in your nails you most likely have it in your bones. I have some serious hip pain so I"m going to make an appt on monday.

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

beyondwillpower, I hope it hasn't made it into your bones! And even if it has, definitely update about what the treatments are available. I'm worried that if it's on me long enough it may spread to my bones and nails, too.

Yeah, psoriasis isn't a fungal infection. Lots of people kept telling me that's what it was (they, of course, don't have P, and they just tell me what they hear/read on the internet -- obviously my doctor tells me it's an autoimmune issue). Anyway, I did experiment with diet before, and I actually had great luck when I went vegan. My plaque shrunk by about 50%. I did a 6-month raw diet a year ago that I still do for one week each month, and my plaque shrunk by about 10%... It hasn't grown or shrunk since I did the 6-month raw diet; it's just there, dry and itchy. The creams and prescriptions given to me by my doc don't help and kind of make my psoriasis more inflamed. I know some people can't live without it, but hydrocortisone cream only irritated my skin and made my plaque crack and bleed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:54 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

A vegan friend has psoriasis (on the scalp, also a dry patch on her forehead). When she went raw it cleared up right away. I've heard the same thing from other raw vegans. Not sure how helpful that is to anyone :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I always forget I have this in my nails and like every 6 months I'll look up my nail conditions online and then I remember.