| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

darksideknitter wrote:
I had to adjust the Chery Almond Cookies to be Blueberry Almond Cookies, their delicious and very almondy which I love being an almond addict. But I suspect they would have been even more fabulous with the dried cherries instead, next time!

I love that recipe and my 12-y.o. didn't like it. I think it is a more "adult" cookie. I have also used dried cranberries as they are so much cheaper and they were almost as good as the cherries. I think I might try it with dried blueberries as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Favorites, oh boy. I absolutely love the peppermint version of the fudgy espresso brownies, the chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip espresso cookies, cocoa oatmeal chocolate chip (do you perhaps see a theme developing?), coconut bars, caramel pecan bars, citrus glitters, and my husband rated the chocolate cream cheese brownies as my best ever baking accomplishment. I'd be inclined to agree. Really, they're all great recipes. I still, however, remain fearful of the carob, but it's going to happen this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Thanks. I've made the cream cheese brownies before and they were quite good. The coconut bars were too sweet for my tastebuds but otherwise good.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:47 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I made the peanut butter chocolate pillows and brought them to work on Saturday. Everyone raved about them. I truly believe no one can resist these cookies!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 am 
Ninja Master

peanut wrote:
I made the peanut butter chocolate pillows and brought them to work on Saturday. Everyone raved about them. I truly believe no one can resist these cookies!

Yeah my workmates raved about those for ages when I brought them in at christmas too. They loved them.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:51 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

baps wrote:
peanut wrote:

Yeah my workmates raved about those for ages when I brought them in at christmas too. They loved them.

I especially like that all these guys who give me shiitake about being vegan are going back for their third and fourth cookies without saying a word. Makes me smile.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I'm planning to make my final, 100th recipe from the book this week. Nutter Betters!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

SchwaGrrrl wrote:
I'm planning to make my final, 100th recipe from the book this week. Nutter Betters!

Congrats :) which was your total favourite?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

SchwaGrrrl wrote:

Awesome. I've made only 2/100 so far myself! I was just thinking yesterday I REALLY want to try the Nutter Betters. Because I am a total peanutbutterholic.

Did anyone else find with the plain chocolate chip cookies (first recipe in the book) that they had to add more flour? I followed the instructions very carefully and the dough was way too gloppy to shape until I added another 1/2 cup flour. Even then it was still pretty gooey but I was able to pick it up and roll it at that point.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:21 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Thanks! As for total favorite, I think it's a tie between cream cheese chocolate brownies and the peppermint version of the espresso brownies :)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:43 pm 

And lo, I made the nutter betters. For some reason one of the squirrel's heads is missing. Not sure how that happened. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm 
Nailed to the V

that. is adorable.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:22 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yes! We squirrels do love a some squirrel on peanut butter action! I have never been able to find squirrel shaped cookie cutters and that makes me extremely sad :(

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm 

ComradeSquirrel wrote:
Yes! We squirrels do love a some squirrel on peanut butter action! I have never been able to find squirrel shaped cookie cutters and that makes me extremely sad :(

This squirrel is from a set of woodland critters cutters from IKEA.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 am 
Saggy Butt

butterbobbin wrote:
ComradeSquirrel wrote:

This squirrel is from a set of woodland critters cutters from IKEA.

Huge props to squirrel love! I've not made these Nutter Butters yet, I think they've got moved up the list. I blame the squirrels.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:40 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Eating Nutter Betters while I read this! Your picture is adorable! That's awesome that you found a squirrel cookie cutter. I made some of mine in the shapes of birds. So yummy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm 
Nailed to the V

I cracked this open today and my friends and I made some cookies.

We made the orange agave cookies. these came out really 'ball' ish (I thought they would spread more)... but these are delish. NOM.
we also used chunks.

I also attemted the shortbread. this was a fail. I didn't see "do in batches" so the bottom... cooked and the top.... didn't really. this was sad.

the runaway hit was though, vegan graham crackers 2/3rds of the dough was eaten before we even baked it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:23 pm 

I did the frozen cookie dough scoops today. But I don't have a scoop, so I put them in a pan and made cubes instead. :-) Oh my are they goodness.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

butterbobbin wrote:
Did anyone else find with the plain chocolate chip cookies (first recipe in the book) that they had to add more flour? I followed the instructions very carefully and the dough was way too gloppy to shape until I added another 1/2 cup flour. Even then it was still pretty gooey but I was able to pick it up and roll it at that point.

I had this problem also and added more flour.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 pm 
Inflexitarian

I love this cookbook. We have departmental cookies and tea every tuesday afternoon and I bring the cookies; the chocolate chip cookies are very very well received. The page is starting to fall out, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:49 am 
Tofu Pup

Just had to confirm all reports re: peanut butter pillows. AMAZING

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

SchwaGrrrl wrote:

That is so amazing! Congrats!

There are so many I want to make and haven't gotten around to. I need to make more stuff for fun.

butterbobbin wrote:

Yes! I wish I'd measured how much flour I added. They were STILL gloopy as dough with extra flour, but then they were kind of dry and... starchy? once they were baked. Not excellent. I've gone back to margarine based recipes, I am a canola CCC fail.

I just want to make an old standby for comfort... my life needs either hazelnut fudge dreamies or magical coconut cookie bars... I'll see what time I get home tonight.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm 
Nailed to the V

I want to make the mint brownies - but I don't have cornstarch...can I use arrowroot?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:47 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

daisysunshine wrote:
I want to make the mint brownies - but I don't have cornstarch...can I use arrowroot?

I think you'll be perfectly fine. I usually use the three things (cornstarch, arrowroot, and tapioca flour) interchangably and never had any issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

thanks Anek :)
(incediently, i found my cornstarch, but still, I think must need info to have).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next