All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [new hope] sprig and vine
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

http://sprigandvine.com/
450 Union Square Drive, New Hope PA 18938 | 215.693.1427 | We are BYOB

buttercup wrote:
xstartxtodayx wrote:
Speaking of brunch, I am finally trying Sprig & Vine for brunch this Sunday...I am very excited, I have heard nothing but amazing things about this place. The menu sounds great too, I don't know what to get. Does anybody know if I need to make reservations for brunch? Does it tend to be busy?

Yay! Their brunch is awesome. Brunch (as well as dinner) there can get kind of busy..I'd make a reservation just in case.

I also got the Blackbird tofu cubano for lunch today. So perfect..definitely tied with the BBQ portobello sandwich for yummiest sandwich. Unfortunately I'm not that into their seitan cheesesteak..but there are plenty of other choices!!

buttercup wrote:
I've been to Sprig & Vine a few times for both brunch and dinner. I recommend both. REALLY REALLY GOOD. For brunch, the Tofu Benedict is a fave and the Tempeh Reuben is also awesome. For dinner, the Cornmeal-Crusted Tempeh is typically a crowd-pleaser. And you can't miss the olive oil cake with orange blossom ice cream for dessert!

luftpost wrote:
elsa1028 wrote:
luftpost wrote:
Who has been to Sprig & Vine? Do you recommend dinner or brunch? Hoping to go there soon (HEAR THAT BOYFRIEND).

Literally back from there as of this moment and dying to share our experience.
Lunch: marinated olives, edamame falafel, asian pear frisee salad, caraway crusted tempeh ruben on pumpernickel, oyster mushroom po'boy with remoulade and fries, pb&j french toast, chocolate mousse cake with coffee ice cream and creme anglaise.

Everything was absolutely forking delicious! Go there as soon as possible!

I went yesterday for lunch! The food was amazing. I went with the edamame falafel and Eric got the tempeh ruben. Olive oil cake for dessert! Now I need to go back for brunch.

Tofulish wrote:
I forgot Sprig & Vine! Its just a hair over the border in Pa, but well worth the drive.

An upscale vegan bistro started by an alumnus of Horizons. Their brunch is divine (French toast with seasonal fruits, nuts and a vanilla almond cream) and they make the best ever tempeh reubens<3

Post subject: Re: [new hope] sprig and vine
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:59 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I've got them on my Facebook page. We should make a group trip out there. Maybe even on a Saturday, because Rice's (Flea) Market is open then as well! Love that place. Rice's might be a better BEFORE place though, since their hours are 7:00 am - 1:00 pm.

Rice's Market:
6326 Greenhill Road
New Hope, PA, 18938

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We went here last week for the first time. Great service and food. We tried the cauliflower bisque soup, tempeh rueben, and sweet potato burrito.

Def want to go back for brunch and try the french toast!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Has anyone been to Sprig & Vine lately? They added RAVIOLI to their menu! You guys, it is so good.

I wish they were closer to Philly. I want their Tofu Benedict, French Toast, Biscuits & Gravy, Maple-Mustard Tempeh, Ravioli, Olive Oil Cake, and Doughnuts (only available at brunch!) like, every day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

The olive oil cake is my favorite dessert there. Simple but delicious. I went there a few months ago and got the cauliflower steak, which was a little underwhelming. Could have been seasoned and cooked a bit more. I liked the idea of it but probably wouldn't get it again. I also got an appetizer which was just some sort of fancy green olives (I forget the name of them- they weren't the gross kind you get in martinis, they were something firmer and nicer) marinated in chili and garlic. So delicious!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pixel wrote:
The olive oil cake is my favorite dessert there.

It's so good! I need to go back. Does anyone know if they have the gazpacho back on their menu? My ex raved about it while we were dating.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

starrynight87 wrote:
pixel wrote:
The olive oil cake is my favorite dessert there.

Does anyone know if they have the gazpacho back on their menu?

They do. I checked!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Ate lunch there today. Shared the cabbage salad (meh) but the tempeh reuben was incredible. Thick tempeh with some kind of seeded crunch, russian dressing, sweet/sour crunchy sauerkraut on dark thick slabs of pumpernickel. I usually don't like when food tries to copy a "meaty" dish, but this was great.

I was at Blue Sage a coupla weeks ago and I like their food but hate the cramped quarters and the half-hearted servers. Love Sprig and Vine!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was here today! I'm still stuffed from lunch, but it was all delicious!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

starrynight87 wrote:
I was here today! I'm still stuffed from lunch, but it was all delicious!

oooh, what did you get? last time i went for lunch, i split two sandwiches with a friend: the reuben and the fried green tomato po' boy. both were so good, but especially the reuben! that thing is crazy-good.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Went to Sprig & Vine for dinner over the weekend. Got the edamame falafel, saffron risotto cakes, and pb&j french toast. All were incredible. I don't even like falafel, but I would totally order it again. The risotto cakes were lovely, perfectly seared, and served with a fun and flavorful assortment of seasonal delights (fiddleheads! ramp-pea sauce!). And the pb&j french toast is just such a fun dessert. Oh, and they added TIRAMISU to their dessert menu! I got it last time I went, and it was lovely but a little fancy for me (i'm too much of a purist sometimes). Their spin involves a white chocolate creme and coffee-soaked olive oil cake. Very yummy!