| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yellowstone and Grand Teton
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:32 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my husband and i are going to Yellowstone (aka Jellystone) and Grand Teton Natl Park this June for a week.

ive got a whole giant list of things we have to do and see and places to go but any tips, ideas, must dos, or good places to eat?

looks like i will be pretty limited on food choices but we are flying into Jackson and will go into the town to get a cooler and some food for the week hopefully. im also planning on bringing like 1000 granola bars with me

Post subject: Re: Yellowstone and Grand Teton
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:06 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My partner and I will be in the same area around mid-June (we are driving from Portland)!! Neither of us have been to Grand Teton or Yellowstone before, so our to-do list is really long. Hopefully we will have enough time! We definitely want to visit Amphitheater Lake, the Cascade Canyon Trail, Willow Flats, Firehole Falls, the Teton Crest Trail, and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This website has a ton of information: http://www.enjoyyourparks.com/GlacierYe ... nPark.html

For food, we are bringing lots of granola bars, carrots, avocados, tofu jerky, apples, nuts, dried fruits, peanut butter, bread, oranges, and whatever else we find en route to the parks.

So excited!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my itinerary that i made for our trip is ridiculously long and many many many people have told me i have way overplanned and micromanaged but i figure i would rather know where everything is and what my options are then have no clue.

we're flying into Jackson and i plan on buying a cooler and lots of food supplies. then we drive up to the Tower/Roosevelt area for two nights. definitely have to do the Canyon area. we will be climbing Mt Washburn weather permitting because I WANT TO SEE A PIKA SO BAD!!!!!

then we will head over to Old Faithful Inn for a couple nights and seeing Mammoth Hot Springs and all the Geyser Basin areas we can cram in.

then the last 2 nights of our trip we will be in Grand Teton National Park.
we're gonna hike the Jenny Lake trail up to INspiration Point and into Cascade Canyon.

shall be loads of fun!!! i am so excited i might pee myself.
the only thing i am worried about is food so i will definitely be loading up at teh grocery store.
i need to start stockpiling granola bars!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

LisaPunk wrote:
my itinerary that i made for our trip is ridiculously long and many many many people have told me i have way overplanned and micromanaged but i figure i would rather know where everything is and what my options are then have no clue.

we're flying into Jackson and i plan on buying a cooler and lots of food supplies. then we drive up to the Tower/Roosevelt area for two nights. definitely have to do the Canyon area. we will be climbing Mt Washburn weather permitting because I WANT TO SEE A PIKA SO BAD!!!!!

then we will head over to Old Faithful Inn for a couple nights and seeing Mammoth Hot Springs and all the Geyser Basin areas we can cram in.

then the last 2 nights of our trip we will be in Grand Teton National Park.
we're gonna hike the Jenny Lake trail up to INspiration Point and into Cascade Canyon.

shall be loads of fun!!! i am so excited i might pee myself.

the only thing i am worried about is food so i will definitely be loading up at teh grocery store.
i need to start stockpiling granola bars!!!!

Oh man, pikas are SO cute!!! They make the sweetest little chirping sounds and they are super round!

Have fun on your trip! I think cautious planning is a good thing - I have our whole trip itinerary in a big spreadsheet and we even programmed our GPS with addresses for vegan-friendly places to eat. Once we leave Yellowstone, we are driving to Devil's Tower, Wind Cave, and the Badlands and finally onward to visit family on the east coast. On our way back to Portland, we are heading to Glacier National Park. Should be fun!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:23 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

sounds like one big adventure. im jealous!
have a great time. i cant wait for my trip! 25 days!