| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Workouts available on Netflix Instant - post your reviews!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:02 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I thought this would be helpful since a lot of people have streaming now.

I was looking for a video to replace the yoga portion of P90X (1.5 hours long and hard) with something relaxing and easy. Luckily, the first yoga one I picked was Crunch: Candlelight Yoga. You breathe a lot and the instructor has a soft voice, and you might fall asleep during it from being so relaxed. So if you're looking for a challenge this is definitely not it, but if you want to exact opposite, go for it. The moves are simple and she explains what to do step-by-step so you don't have to twist your neck to look up at the t.v. to figure out what you're doing next. I did most of it with my eyes closed. It's 45 minutes long, but it goes by really fast. I should probably only do it before bed because when i'm done i'm already halfway to a nap.

I have The Situation's workout in my queue but I can't bring myself to start it yet.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: Workouts available on Netflix Instant - post your review
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

10 Minute Solution: Carb Burner is my favorite cardio workout on Netflix. It has a bunch of 10 minute segments and you can break it up as you want. It's fairly challenging if you do several in a row, and I like the instructor, it's really easy to follow.

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/10-Minu ... r/70019421

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:46 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I really like Ellen Barrett pilates workouts. I've done Weightloss Pilates, a Crunch one and another one. You can search for her by name on Netflix and find her stuff. She's the least obnoxious workout dvd person I've seen. Thanks for the yoga Recommendation!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:43 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I have The Situation's workout in my queue but I can't bring myself to start it yet.

I do not recommend it. It's pretty simplistic stuff (push ups, jumping jacks, weights, etc). Plus, he rambles a lot like he doesn't know what's going on.

Oh, and within 2 minutes, he sexually harasses somebody...which is a common theme throughout.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm 

Mo, I read one of the Netflix reviews that said just that! I thought it would be good to do once for the hi-larious hijinks, but...

Also, he is the last member of the Jersey Shore who I want to work out with. Give Snooki and Deena a video, that would be hilarious.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 pm 
Saggy Butt

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I was looking for a video to replace the yoga portion of P90X (1.5 hours long and hard) with something relaxing and easy. Luckily, the first yoga one I picked was Crunch: Candlelight Yoga.

I like this video too. It is very relaxing, and probably a great video for beginners.

I'm disappointed with how few workouts Netflix has for instant viewing, especially since they used to have a lot more to offer. When I first got Netflix years ago, I did Jillian Michael's Kickboxing workout all the time, until they took it off instant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:16 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm so glad you started this! I normally run for exercise, but refuse to run when temperatures dip below 20 degrees... and we just got a cold snap. I could use recommendations for new exercise videos!

In order of favorite to least favorite:

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Pilates is my favorite so far. Like Quarantined said, it's 5 10-minute segments (which are: stomach, hips and butt, arms, full body, and stretching) so you can mix and match. The instructor is good at explaining what to do.

Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates was decent. It was a little more boring than the 10-minute solutions one, but not too boring. I felt like I understood the positions pretty well, and there are 3 different levels for each pose, so it's good for beginners, intermediates, and experts.

Crunch: Boot Camp Training was really cheesy but kind of fun. There were a couple times when the instructor didn't really explain what she was doing, so I had to sort of run in place until I understood the moves or until she moved on. Also, her back-up exercisers were REALLY enthusiastic, more so than any other exercise video I've watched.

10 Minute Solution Yoga was maybe good if you already do yoga? But otherwise I'd steer clear. It's for working out more than for doing yoga, and the instructor doesn't do a good job describing the poses--I hurt my back a little bit with this and think it was because I did something wrong (but have no way of knowing what!). Also it was a little dull.

10 Minute Solution: Carb and Calorie Burner was ridiculous; the lady who instructed it moved very quickly and didn't explain what she was doing between moves, so I basically flailed and bounced in place for about a few minutes of 2-3 different sections (I skipped around) before giving up. If you're more coordinated and/or do aerobics all the time, maybe it'll be easier for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wow I never thought of looking on Netflix for exercise videos for some reason! This is a great idea!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wow I never thought of looking on Netflix for exercise videos for some reason! This is a great idea!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 am 

vegetalion wrote:
I'm so glad you started this! I normally run for exercise, but refuse to run when temperatures dip below 20 degrees... and we just got a cold snap. I could use recommendations for new exercise videos!

In order of favorite to least favorite:

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Pilates is my favorite so far. Like Quarantined said, it's 5 10-minute segments (which are: stomach, hips and butt, arms, full body, and stretching) so you can mix and match. The instructor is good at explaining what to do.

Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates was decent. It was a little more boring than the 10-minute solutions one, but not too boring. I felt like I understood the positions pretty well, and there are 3 different levels for each pose, so it's good for beginners, intermediates, and experts.

Crunch: Boot Camp Training was really cheesy but kind of fun. There were a couple times when the instructor didn't really explain what she was doing, so I had to sort of run in place until I understood the moves or until she moved on. Also, her back-up exercisers were REALLY enthusiastic, more so than any other exercise video I've watched.

10 Minute Solution Yoga was maybe good if you already do yoga? But otherwise I'd steer clear. It's for working out more than for doing yoga, and the instructor doesn't do a good job describing the poses--I hurt my back a little bit with this and think it was because I did something wrong (but have no way of knowing what!). Also it was a little dull.

10 Minute Solution: Carb and Calorie Burner was ridiculous; the lady who instructed it moved very quickly and didn't explain what she was doing between moves, so I basically flailed and bounced in place for about a few minutes of 2-3 different sections (I skipped around) before giving up. If you're more coordinated and/or do aerobics all the time, maybe it'll be easier for you.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law bought that boot camp dvd and turned it off after a few minutes because we couldn't keep up. I hate videos where they assume you know the routine, I bought some The Firm dvds with their stepping stool and they do the same thing. But with stepping so you get worn out and totally lost much faster.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I totally just watched the first 3 minutes of The Situation workout just for shiitakes and giggles. Wow...

Now im about to put on the 10 minute carb burner! Im so excited netflix has workouts!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

this is a great idea :) but Netflix in the UK doesn't have fitness videos - the site's pretty lame for choice at the moment overall :( maybe one day soon!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:27 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I just tried the Crunch yoga and Pilates video. For someone who hasn't exercised in awhile it was a good workout. I haven't seen any of the other ones though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Aubade wrote:

Samesies. The idea came to me a few weeks ago before seeing this thread. Good to know some of them are worth trying, because I have a couple in my queue.

I want more, though!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

10 Minute Solution: Fat Blasting Dance Party is great! I did the first 3and got pretty sweaty. The last two are butt n thighs and abs, those look hard. If you like zumba, you'll love this.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

queenofpainting wrote:
Aubade wrote:

Samesies. The idea came to me a few weeks ago before seeing this thread. Good to know some of them are worth trying, because I have a couple in my queue.

I want more, though!

This is an awesome thread! I didn't make the connection that with our Apple TV and netflix streaming that I have all these workout options available to me in-house. I'm going to check out some of these recommendations.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

This thread is excellent. It's motivating me to get out of my slump and try some sweet new videos!
That being said, I don't think I'm going to do The Situation's workout...

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We really need to get all of our curtains up so I can pathetically do these workout videos without feeling like people are looking at me.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh yeah! I also like the 10min solutions ones, I really enjoyed the kickboxing ones while they were up.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 pm 
Human Gravy

Am I imagining it or did Netflix take all the workout videos down?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Allison, not Alison wrote:

They totally did :( I noticed a few weeks ago that all of mine said they were disappearing on the Aug 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Allison, not Alison wrote:

They totally did :( I noticed a few weeks ago that all of mine said they were disappearing on the Aug 1st.

This is the saddest thing ever. I just started using them. My Netflix subscription is seeming less and less worth it lately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just read through this thread, getting more and more psyched to work out in my living room tomorrow, and then read that they were all being removed. Curse you, Netflix!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Argh, that is really annoying!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

For what it's worth, Hulu has streaming workout videos. There's only a small selection and commercials mid-workout are super annoying, but it's better than going without...