| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Veg-in-Training's Garden Plots May 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

We have 5 garden plots in various stages of growing. We are still trying to figure out growing seasons and watering amounts for this darn desert.

This is garden #1. The lettuce is done now until the fall. I pulled it out the other day. We still have some carrots, onions, leeks and a few more leaves of chard that should still come out of this one.

Garden #2 I don't have pictures of this one. We were trying to nurse tomatoes through the winter and kept them in. They are very pathetic, but we did get a couple of cherry tomatoes off of it. I pulled the kale out of this bed the other day. It had bolted.

Garden #3 - We had broccoli here, but it didn't do very well. It has been pulled out. The beets have been great. We also have some small and az sweet onions here. We have a baby artichoke plant from last year's monster plant. For those of you who might remember, that was the one we got over 50 artichokes from. This plant was a seedling from that plant. We have 3 little artichokes on it already!!

Garden # 4 - This garden struggled and got a little run over during our ongoing re-landscaping project. One end did pretty well. Radishes grow like weeds for us. There are also more onions (Fred got onion crazy this year). We have a few carrots in this plot and spinach that just refuses to grow. Now it is getting too hot, so we will probably lose it. I'll try again in the fall. I want me some curly spinach!

Garden 5 - This is mostly tomatoes with some hot pepper plants and one zucchini plant. There were quite a few tomatoes on the vines. It appears we may have overwatered because they are splitting in an odd fashion. Got a couple of nice zucchinis. I'm not super optimistic about the peppers. But you never know.

Post harvest loot

A shot of our new walkway. We are going to have a little sitting area under the orange tree.

Kim Cooks Veg 4U Blog (new blog)

Post subject: Re: Veg-in-Training's Garden Plots May 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 am 
Tofu Pup

Very nice.. it is really very interesting to take training in your own garden. Carry it on...