| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Bronze (Let's Talk Buffy)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

designedtobekind wrote:
RIPT is reprinting the Singer Salvage shirt Friday, for those of you who missed it first time around!
The image is huge, and I'm too lazy to resize it, but here's the link:
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs080/1102594619542/img/257.jpg

Did you mean to put this in the Supernatural thread? Best navigation skillz eva! Bahahahaha.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mixmaster_mo wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
RIPT is reprinting the Singer Salvage shirt Friday, for those of you who missed it first time around!

Did you mean to put this in the Supernatural thread? Best navigation skillz eva! Bahahahaha.

phew. I've been wondering what I was missing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:32 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So I already have a theme for MoFo, but I was thinking how much fun it would be to have a Buffy themed one. So if anyone wants to do that as a group project, that would be cool. The third issue of my zine was supposed to be Buffy themed so I already have a lot of ideas to contribute.

I'm doing a TV Theme, and Sundays are Buffy days. I haven't pinned down exactly what I'm doing for Buffy Sundays, but I have a list of 5 just in case I can't think of some better ones to replace some of the crappier ones.

To be clearer, my theme is food that was in television shows, not food inspired by them. So for example, I'm doing Doublemeat Palace Burgers for Buffy and not, say, Graveyard Gravy or something. However, I do think I'm going to do something inspired by the best line in the S1 finale.

But if a couple other people would be in on the group project of a just Buffy MoFo, I could contribute as well.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mixmaster_mo wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

I did! Wow, I even get lost on the internet.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I feel like there are some here who will appreciate this article.

Best part:
Quote:
I hate you so much Riley. You are like a beige demon, forged in the fires of Mount Unremarkable.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I really think I may be the only person who likes Season 7.

When I say I like it, I don't think it's the best season (that honor goes to season 5, even with how annoying Glory and Dawn are) and I hated it the first time I watched it. But once I rewatched it, I liked it a lot more and the last three episodes really seal it for me. I thought the ending was perfect - I still get misty even thinking about Buffy's "so here's where you get a choice" speech about how each and every one of them can choose to be strong. Yeah, the Potentials are so annoying most of them don't even have names and the Faith the leader thing is awful and the ubervamp is so impossible to kill right until the last episode, but Conversations with Dead People has to stand up as one of the most genuinely horrifying episodes of the show and for a space filler Him is still really funny.

So yeah, not getting the season 7 hate :\

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:57 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I love Season 7! There are bits that annoy me - KENNEDY - but most of it's still a great storyline, CWDP + Chosen are amazing eps. Also the interactions with Giles and the lactose intolerant potential always give me giggles.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:38 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I especially loved season 6, but season 7 is great too!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:03 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

ahhhh my favourite show! I always spend the day of competition watching Buffy and eating vegan muffins... my next fight entrance song is the Buffy title theme ha ha, gets me in the mood :D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I just finished my BA and I wrote my 20-page capstone lit theory paper on Buffy, specifically on Xander's performance of masculinity and how his narratively-sanctioned misogyny undermines the purported feminist mission of the show. I got an A, natch!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

elouise wrote:
I just finished my BA and I wrote my 20-page capstone lit theory paper on Buffy, specifically on Xander's performance of masculinity and how his narratively-sanctioned misogyny undermines the purported feminist mission of the show. I got an A, natch!

I have THE BIGGEST nerd boner for you right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mixmaster_mo wrote:
elouise wrote:

I have THE BIGGEST nerd boner for you right now.

An A and a nerd boner - now I feel like the paper was really a success!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:26 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

elouise wrote:

I want to read your paper, it sounds pretty darn awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:12 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Bai wrote:
ahhhh my favourite show! I always spend the day of competition watching Buffy and eating vegan muffins... my next fight entrance song is the Buffy title theme ha ha, gets me in the mood :D

That's awesome, my sister had Devin Townsend as her fight entrance music. I have BTVS as my ringtone, I want it at my funeral too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:34 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Sarah-Jane wrote:
elouise wrote:

I want to read your paper, it sounds pretty darn awesome!

Me too! The term "narratively-sanctioned misogyny" have officially entered my lexicon.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:18 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Vez wrote:
Bai wrote:

That's awesome, my sister had Devin Townsend as her fight entrance music. I have BTVS as my ringtone, I want it at my funeral too.

Oh rad! It makes a good ringtone :) Funeral music is an epic idea...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

elouise wrote:

That is just amazing ♥

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Thanks guys! I could go on and on about it, but I'll just say that the show's treatment of Xander has always really bothered me, and it was great and kind of cathartic to get to redirect all of my angry rants into a formal academic paper.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

elouise wrote:
Thanks guys! I could go on and on about it, but I'll just say that the show's treatment of Xander has always really bothered me, and it was great and kind of cathartic to get to redirect all of my angry rants into a formal academic paper.

I was gonna say something funny but now all I can think is, "Be my deputy" which sounds oddly dirty but I just have that scene looped in my head right now. Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Oooh, I need a hug.
Back in the days when claddagh rings were all the rage, I caught bits of late S2/early S3 and later OMWF. Now that I know the whole thing is on Amazon Instant, I'm giving it another go. (Currently up to "Beauty and the Beasts.")

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

elouise wrote:

I really want to read it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I want to read your paper too!

I had a dream a few weeks ago about finding one of the Giles/Ripper action figures. And then I woke up and went :( because they CANCELED IT AND STOPPED MAKING BUFFY TOYS FOR ME.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:36 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

We buy a Whedoneverse figure every time there's an achievement or momentous occasion. When my sister got a pay upgrade we got a Lorne figure coz Andy Hallett had only died a few weeks previous. Most birthday's or xmases one of us receives a Buffy/Angel/Firefly figure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Vez wrote:
We buy a Whedoneverse figure every time there's an achievement or momentous occasion. When my sister got a pay upgrade we got a Lorne figure coz Andy Hallett had only died a few weeks previous. Most birthday's or xmases one of us receives a Buffy/Angel/Firefly figure.

That sounds cool. Pictures, please!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:55 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

kimba wrote:
Vez wrote:

That sounds cool. Pictures, please!

Lorne, Spike (complete with cross and blanket), Darla and Real-Willow-Dressed-As-Vamp-Willow from Doppelgangland.

Lego Scoobies (Willow isn't really short, she's kneeling in front of her computer :-P)

Jayne, River + Mal

Angel, we left him in his box coz he's a limited edition. He comes with a Claddagh ring.

Angel's certificate of authenticity

Other non-Joss figures

EDIT: If things look dusty, it's coz they are. We don't clean much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next