| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Talk Me Out of Buying More Cookbooks Support Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:07 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I can't keep up either. A few years ago, I wanted them ALL. Now there's one coming out every other day, and I really need to consider if it's going to add something new to what I already have (like Artisan Vegan Cheese). Or sometimes I get excited about one because it fits into whatever food phase I'm in (right now I want fresh, healthy, and SIMPLE- no long ingredient lists).

Vegan Eats World looks really adorable though; definitely interested in that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've been doing well! Haven't bought any in months (this means I'll probably end up impulse shopping next week or something).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Amy wrote:
I can't keep up either. A few years ago, I wanted them ALL. Now there's one coming out every other day, and I really need to consider if it's going to add something new to what I already have (like Artisan Vegan Cheese). Or sometimes I get excited about one because it fits into whatever food phase I'm in (right now I want fresh, healthy, and SIMPLE- no long ingredient lists).

Vegan Eats World looks really adorable though; definitely interested in that.

You sound exactly like me, and I'm even in the same phase right now. I think that's why I got the Low Cal Comfort Food and the Grilling book (what's easier than a whole chapter of marinades??)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:07 am 
Chip Strong

I realized the real problem I have is storage space, so I can buy as many kindle cookbooks as I want. ;)

I also got Paprika for my iPad and am working on loading in my favorite recipes, so I can eventually store the cookbooks I only use for 1 or 2 recipes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:31 pm 
Huffs Nooch

How do you like cookbooks on your kindles? I can't imagine using my kindle as a cookbook. I don't know why. It must be difficult to navigate?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm 
Chip Strong

TheHerbivore wrote:
How do you like cookbooks on your kindles? I can't imagine using my kindle as a cookbook. I don't know why. It must be difficult to navigate?

I actually use an iPad with the kindle app, and it is just fine. Not difficult to navigate at all. It does take a little getting used to, but it is super nice to be able to search for something rather than flip a bunch of pages. I do put my iPad in a ziploc bag in the kitchen to keep it clean. I think I'm going to be transferring most of the recipes I use to paprika, though, as that makes it a lot easier to make notes and edit recipes as I go. The recipes I come back to over and over do tend to evolve over time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6