| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Mod Jewelry Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Ok what is the trick with getting the actual jewellery in your ears after a fresh stretch? I am definitely ready to stretch, hell my ears are stretching themselves at night, everything is oiled up and ithe tapers just slide right through but even though I line the plug up with the taper they get about half way through and stick! This happens with every stretch but this time they just were not going through so I've put my old plugs back in. But what's up with that?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Just wiggle your earlobe back and forth along the jewelry a bunch, sounds like the lube is just getting 'squeegeed' by your ear and therefore not touching all of the jewelry anymore. You car feel free to add more lube as you go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

For someone who knows pretty much nothing about stretching, is there any site you guys would recommend to start reading ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:20 pm 

Someone else might have a better link, but BME is my go-to for all things modification. Here is their wiki for stretching.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 am 

Mars wrote:
Just wiggle your earlobe back and forth along the jewelry a bunch, sounds like the lube is just getting 'squeegeed' by your ear and therefore not touching all of the jewelry anymore. You car feel free to add more lube as you go.

Hehe squeegeed is the best word. Thanks! It's annoying and trying to get them in has irritated my ears a little so I'm gonna wait another couple of weeks and try again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 am 

Paloma wrote:
For someone who knows pretty much nothing about stretching, is there any site you guys would recommend to start reading ?

I think it was MBM who posted a link to this site (?) and it is pretty good, they have a lot of information -Body Art Forms Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 am 

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I think it was MBM who posted a link to this site (?) and it is pretty good, they have a lot of information -Body Art Forms Forum.

Saw that one, indeed. :) Thanks for the BME-wiki link. That's just what I needed.

Also, really liked finding this list. Turns out, I wasn't the only person who was confused by the concept of 'gauge'.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm 

I got started with stretching pretty much after I started asking questions above here. I'm at 12 at the moment and I can't wait till the middle of august when it's time to go up a size again. I bought some pretty jewelry already! At the moment just wearing really boring basic silver coloured tunnels. I bought nice spirals, but I fell asleep with them yesterday, and they were so thin and vulnerable that half of it snapped off. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am 
WRETCHED

Someone help me.. I'm looking at 6g earrings after I've been at 8g these past few months.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Paloma wrote:
I got started with stretching pretty much after I started asking questions above here. I'm at 12 at the moment and I can't wait till the middle of august when it's time to go up a size again. I bought some pretty jewelry already! At the moment just wearing really boring basic silver coloured tunnels. I bought nice spirals, but I fell asleep with them yesterday, and they were so thin and vulnerable that half of it snapped off. :(

Progress pix pls!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 pm 

linanil wrote:
Someone help me.. I'm looking at 6g earrings after I've been at 8g these past few months.

Help convince you? Because I say go for it. It's a relatively small jump from 8 to 6 and if you'd been at 8 comfortably for a few months it should be ok.

Also, I want these. I could wear all my huge dangly earrings!

And/or these because they're beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Where are the dangly ones from?! I love dangly shiitake aind i've tried putting hoops through tunnels but they're never bottom-heavy enough to stay so the clasp is at the top.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

The bigger you go, the bigger you want to become.

-Martian proverb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Where are the dangly ones from?! I love dangly shiitake aind i've tried putting hoops through tunnels but they're never bottom-heavy enough to stay so the clasp is at the top.

I also want this!

Sometimes I put dangly things in my second and third holes because they're normal-sized, but it can be kind of awkward, and those are neat!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

the different color around the hole looks kind-of strange. i bet you can easily do that with a dremel in a plain set.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:34 am 
WRETCHED

I did order a 6g taper and a couple earrings from BAF. There is a point where it won't be aesthetically pleasing to me and I know I'm close to my limit but I also want to wear some of my other earrings as well but the 8g tunnels I bought previously weren't quite big enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

creep wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

I also want this!

Sometimes I put dangly things in my second and third holes because they're normal-sized, but it can be kind of awkward, and those are neat!

Those look like they're from Omerica Organics
Found em!
http://www.omericaorganic.com/plug-Earring%20Plugs.php

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 am 

"A tiny tree rubber inlay serves as the mechanism holding earrings securely in place within the plugs."

I was wondering what was in the hole to keep them from falling out.

Speaking of body jewelry, I really want to stretch my ears up to 1/2 inch. I stopped at 00g a few years ago because my lobes are tiny and not pierced particularly high, so I was worried about stretching too thin and thought i'd HAVE to get my ears scalpeled to go up any more. But in those few years i've had an infection or two that required me to remove my jewelry and downsize, so they've thickened up a little in the stretching (one time my ear got so infected that after I left my plugs out and it healed I had to start back at 8g).

The only thing that's really stopping my is my vast plug collection. Some of them I could keep for Brian if he wants to go up one more size, and I can keep my favorite wood hanging pair and wear them through ear skins, but unless someone here tells me they're interested in buying a bunch of 00g plugs (they're all sterilizable since I don't wear acrylic), I can't really afford a decent new batch of plugs.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
creep wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

I also want this!

Those look like they're from Omerica Organics
Found em!
http://www.omericaorganic.com/plug-Earring%20Plugs.php

Glad you found them, I forgot to check back in. They also have some for straight post earrings so the rubber is in the middle instead of at the bottom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
The only thing that's really stopping my is my vast plug collection. Some of them I could keep for Brian if he wants to go up one more size, and I can keep my favorite wood hanging pair and wear them through ear skins, but unless someone here tells me they're interested in buying a bunch of 00g plugs (they're all sterilizable since I don't wear acrylic), I can't really afford a decent new batch of plugs.

This is precisely why I'm still at 5/8 even though I'd love to get to 3/4 someday. I love the plugs I have and don't want to re-buy them all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am 
WRETCHED

Does anyone know where to get unusual traditional-type jewelry? I don't know a word for it but basically, there is a shop in San Diego that doesn't seem to update their online store with stuff they have in store but they have different types of traditional jewelry from all over the world. I really like going there when I visit but I'd also like to see some other options. Some of it is antique originals, some of it is replicas.

The stuff I like is Mayan and Middle eastern & SE Asian styles. They always seem to be in the 4g to 10g sizing.

I love these but they are $350

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 pm 

Body Art Forms has stuff like that! I don't know what size your ears are, but they do have a small selection of standard sized earrings, like these:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 7&index=16

Here's the whole earring/necklace section:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.as ... ry=earring

And then for bigger sizes, the stuff you're looking for would be in the ornate section:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.asp?jewelry=ornate

There is a lot of bone and horn, but also metal and wood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
WRETCHED

Strange, I didn't see some of that when I was recently looking. Right now, I'm 8g although I'm also buying some tunnels for the smaller sizes I currently have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm claiming victory on my stretch to 6g. I had a false start the other day when I had stretched and put dangly earrings in. When I went to bed, they were bothering me so I pulled them out and put the 8gs back in. I ordered a couple small, non dangly earrings from BAF. Including a pair of Jade button-like earrings. Today, I re-stretched and put the jade earrings in and I love them. It seems amazing to me to be able to wear an earring completely made of jade (vs jade setting).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 pm 
WRETCHED

Does anyone where glass earrings? at 6g, I'm still kind of scared of them in that I might break them and then have broken glass in my ears. Is this an irrational fear?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next