| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Kids Shoes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

After the discussion in the randomness thread I thought it might be worth it to post a thread about vegan kids shoes. If you find any, post them here!

Today I found some through babysteals - wee squeak shoes. Some of them didn't specify leather so I thought they might be ok, and emailed the company. I only asked about 3 pairs I liked on their website, and 1 out of 3 was leather even though it didn't say so (these are leather). So you'd have to ask before buying if you like any of the other pairs.

But, they did confirm the tennies are canvas. (I specifically asked if they were vegan, no animals, and they din't say the trim was leather so I'm assuming it is ok) And they're super cute! If you don't want them to squeak, you can remove it. It looks like they might have decent support even though they're just canvas. When Kai starts walking I'm going to have to look for these in a shoe store.

Tattoo Slate Tennie

Navy Tennie

Post subject: Re: Vegan Kids Shoes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I happened to be perusing the olsenHaus website and discovered they make kids shoes now. Really expensive kids shoes. I'm sure these are flying off the shelves at $100+ a pop:

(Not super helpful, I know. I just wanted to share.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

soft star makes vegan shoes with soft soles (good for learning to walk). they're rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Target has a pair of awesome soft soled toddler shoes that are vegan. Silas was so comfy in them that I bought them 2 sizes in a row. Around $12 too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Carter's has some, like these:

Or these:

Actually, looks like they have quite a few. Even boots, which are probably good for winter, and I bet harder to find.
black and brown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:57 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

These are baby shoes and kind of more like heavy sock/shoe, but super cute and handmade!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GrowingUpWild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

littlebear wrote:
These are baby shoes and kind of more like heavy sock/shoe, but super cute and handmade!

Wow those ones with the bicycles on them are soooo adorable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

guys! I can't find them online, but target has toddler sized converse one stars with dinosaurs on them! they're grey and have like a skeleton of t-rex I think. so cute!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Aubade wrote:
littlebear wrote:

Wow those ones with the bicycles on them are soooo adorable!

I just ordered the bike ones for grey to wear when we watch Nate race cross this fall and I orders the tree higher ones for when he is a little older

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 am 
Inflexitarian

Does anybody know of a vegan Doc Marten-like boot for kids?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I just bought some Carter's black combat boot looking things for Dahlia, they are called the Callahan boots but googling I couldn't find em anymore, and I bought em on Zulily...they are most polyurethane and some other manmade materials. This spring-summer we've gone with random Old Navy trail sandal/sneaker hybrids and last winter some Payless boots that were little brown waterproof work boots (for boys but whatevs.) Up next are a pair of plain ol black Converse; Dahlia isn't really in to picking out her own stuff yet and I can't help but always choose very plain black stuff like I would wear haha.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:27 am 
Tofu Pup

hey guys,great thread,Im on the lookout for shoes for my 1 year,1 month old lil girl Indigo.
Im in Melbourne Australia and our specifically vegan produced options ("vegan wares") are too expensive for shoes that will rapidly be grown out of.

Im wondering with the recommendations about target and other department stores that stock stuff from small brands without web presence, the materials may be stated as synthetic but the glue could be animal based right ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:12 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

http://www.greenbabybargains.com/

Isabooties 50% off today!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

When did you all start putting shoes on your kid? My son is almost 7 months and we've only put shoes on him twice and it was more to be cute. He doesn't walk so I haven't really thought about it much but now that it's getting cold I guess I should. Before they were walking were you doing more soft bootie kind of shoes to keep their piggly wigglies warm?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:42 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Oh! And Aubade! A bunch of people mentioned Target had some cute vegan shoes and I just happened to have noticed a pair that looked extremely similar to the first pair you posted at my Target.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am 
Level 7 Vegan

BrokenBox wrote:
When did you all start putting shoes on your kid? My son is almost 7 months and we've only put shoes on him twice and it was more to be cute. He doesn't walk so I haven't really thought about it much but now that it's getting cold I guess I should. Before they were walking were you doing more soft bootie kind of shoes to keep their piggly wigglies warm?

They don't need shoes until they're doing a lot of walking outside the house. Bare feet are best for learning to stand and walk. My kiddo is 9 months, and now that's it's getting cold I just put socks on him when we go out, but leave him barefoot inside. Sometimes his toes are cold, but he doesn't seem to mind and it is impossible to keep socks on him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We did socks when it was chilly, and shoes when they started to walk outside the house. Super soft soled unless walking outdoors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm 
Semen Strong

I tried shoes on Leela today and apparently she has very fat feet. We tried on these adorable old navy fabric shoes (vegan!) but they wouldn't fit. They also had really cute sneakers (also vegan) that were just too long even though they fit widthwise.

Anyone deal with a fat-footed floogie?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I love these Teva sandals: http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Psyclone-Inf ... er+sandals
They are super adjustable, so I think they'd work well for chubby baby feet. Be warned that they run HUGE though-- Lydia normally wears a Toddler size 7, and a 6 in these sandals is still pretty big.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:40 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Tofulish wrote:
I tried shoes on Leela today and apparently she has very fat feet. We tried on these adorable old navy fabric shoes (vegan!) but they wouldn't fit. They also had really cute sneakers (also vegan) that were just too long even though they fit widthwise.

Anyone deal with a fat-footed floogie?

My girl's feet are quite chubby. So much so that most shoes her size can't actually fit on her foot and the too large ones just come off not that long after being put on. We just do socks for the time being.

My wee blog:

http://www.mommethree.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 pm 
Semen Strong

helbury wrote:
I love these Teva sandals: http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Psyclone-Inf ... er+sandals
They are super adjustable, so I think they'd work well for chubby baby feet. Be warned that they run HUGE though-- Lydia normally wears a Toddler size 7, and a 6 in these sandals is still pretty big.

They don't seem to come in teeny sizes? All the reviews are for kids over a year, and L is just 7 months. She does pull up and cruise but isn't reliably walking yet. Perhaps this is a good vegan option for later.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Crocs? Walter has some and he has fat feet. I've seen them in sizes as small as 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks! Stupid question, how would I figure out her shoe size? At Old Navy, it seemed to vary so much by shoe. Is that the case everywhere? I'd love to order a pair, but I think I'll have to at least try some on her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I just figured it out by trying a few pairs on him. The website you order from might have guidelines, but we bought ours in a store.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, I think its going to be inevitable. She hated having me put stuff on her feet today - the ON changing rooms were alive with the sounds of screaming. Its such a shame that nothing there fit, because they were cute, cheap and vegan. I still love her fat little feet best though and wouldn't trade them for little ones.