| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boston people
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:54 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm not sure what my schedule is like this weekend because of Anime Boston. I know that I'll be busy at 6ish tonight for the Whovian meetup. Not sure about tomorrow. I'll let you know when I find out more!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:05 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm around! b.vicious-do you have my phone #?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

so the wifi at the convention center is essentially nonexistent. i'll send my cell number to you all in case you'll be around.

it appears that we will be free (today) saturday between 3 and 7. we'll probably go back to the show floor between meals. one of which will probably be my thai, since there's a free lunch shuttle that goes to chinatown.

unclegramps has nternets on his phone, but even with that, it's uber slow. i'll try to check back in around 1:30 to see if anyone has responded. <3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 am 
ugh

I'm walking in Project Bread's Walk for Hunger this year, and I'd like to extend an invitation to my team to any local PPKers who would like to participate. (It is technically my company's team, but we're encouraged to invite friends, family, etc. to walk with us, too.) You can join here: http://www.projectbread.org/goto/addinc

Please send me a PM to let me know who you are if I haven't met you before.

Or if you'd just like to donate, you can do that here: http://www.projectbread.org/goto/brandybingham

Thanks!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 pm 

My thai at 6:00!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 am 
ugh

There's a Groupon for Addis Red Sea - $20 for $40: http://www.groupon.com/deals/addis-red- ... ce=uu98508

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Pennypackers food truck will make you a vegan sandwich, even if they have nothing vegan on their daily menu. And they are DELICIOUS. Oil-filled, but delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Has anyone here tried FoMu https://www.facebook.com/fomuice? It's a new vegan ice cream shop.

Apparently it's on the same block in Allston as Peace O'Pie and Grasshopper. I'm in JP so I don't get out that way much. Is it worth the trip?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've heard from friends that FoMu is really good but I also don't get to Allston much anymore so I haven't tried it. Soon, though! I think Veggie Galaxy uses their ice cream, but I also haven't ordered it there yet.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I havent been yet. I went to Grasshopper a few weeks ago but was WAY too full after inhaling No Name to get ice cream. I heard they also sell Veggie Galaxy desserts! I need to get there! A friend from work has been about 3 times and he raves about it.

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It looks like on one of those Facebook pics that it says "soft ice cream coming soon." Dear Lard, please let them get soft serve soon.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:17 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

FoMu is awesome! There are lots of interesting flavors (Dark & Stormy, cake batter, salted caramel, pistachio cardamom...) and they don't all taste like coconut. It's definitely worth a trip from JP, especially since you can make a whole event of it with pizza and/or Grasshopper. My only complaint is that the only chocolate flavor is...chocolate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 am 
Tofu Pup

Reading that lip-smacking list if flavors, my brain decided that "salted caramel" was really "steamed carrot" and for a brief moment I though that might be an interesting flavor. Maybe not. But it does sound worth the trip!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 am 

Quarantined wrote:
It looks like on one of those Facebook pics that it says "soft ice cream coming soon." Dear Lard, please let them get soft serve soon.

This!

Dave the Cat wrote:
FoMu is awesome! There are lots of interesting flavors (Dark & Stormy, cake batter, salted caramel, pistachio cardamom...) and they don't all taste like coconut. It's definitely worth a trip from JP, especially since you can make a whole event of it with pizza and/or Grasshopper. My only complaint is that the only chocolate flavor is...chocolate.

Also, this.

I'm really excited to get a slice or a sammich at Peace O' Pie and then an ice cream cone at FoMu. The soy ice cream at JP Licks is excellent, but they don't have vegan cones? That seems silly to me, but I mean, whatever. Omnivores. Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am 

osric wrote:
Reading that lip-smacking list if flavors, my brain decided that "salted caramel" was really "steamed carrot" and for a brief moment I though that might be an interesting flavor. Maybe not. But it does sound worth the trip!

i'd try it! :-)
(but maybe i'm not impartial when it comes to carrots)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I would try carrot ice cream! One of their flavors is avocado, which I had a taste of. I don't think I would have known it was avocado if I didn't know. It wasn't my favorite.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I highly recommend every one go to FoMu! I've been twice so far, and both times I was seriously impressed with how delicious the ice cream was (and not all of them taste like coconut at all, which is good) and how great it was to be able to get vegan ice cream on a cone again! I went once with my non-vegan friend, and she loved it, and couldn't believe how creamy and rich it was. We got cinnamon coffee cake, and it was literally incredible. It was also really nice to be able to grab Veggie Galaxy's awesome blueberry muffins when I was there too. Oh, and the iced coffee was also good. So, go now!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I loved it the first two times I went, but we got a pint of came batter to take home with our Grasshopper takeout and it was just alright, did not taste like cake batter, just a funky vanilla. I'm definitely going back though!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:19 pm 

lula's cake batter ice cream totally tastes like cake batter. (it's the saltiness that does it)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just heard that Tobey Maguire was spotted at Fomu, apparently he's filming a movie in Boston right now or something.

ETA: haha, yep, it's on their Facebook page

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm 
ugh

Quarantined wrote:
I just heard that Tobey Maguire was spotted at Fomu, apparently he's filming a movie in Boston right now or something.

Yes, ndpittman met him!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

b.vicious wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

Yes, ndpittman met him!

ooh awesome! details/pics please

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm 

I felt bad, but I had to ask him for a picture. He got Salted Caramel with Oreos and mochi. (I got cardamom pistachio in a sugar cone, if you were wondering, lol.) Didn't say much because once I got the picture other people came over and asked, too. He did say that he's been vegan for 5 years and veg for 20. I wanted to tell him how much I admired that and him as an actor, but instead I apologized and told him to enjoy his ice cream.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

whoa awesome! that's a really nice pic- so cool that he was nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Aw, cute!

Also I had no idea about this place. So it's not too coconutty? I'm more a fan of soy, but I definitely want to try most of these flavors (salted caramel and dark n' stormy, please!).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next