| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seattle!
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:34 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm so bummed! We will be out of town June 28th to July 18th. I would have loved to meet you guys and especially for Inez to meet Grey!

Anyway, we live on Bainbridge Island which is about a half hour ferry ride from Seattle. It might be a fun side trip for you guys. We have a great farmer's market on Saturdays that features almost exclusively stuff grown/made on the island, there's a children's museum, awesome parks, lots of parent groups and meetups, decent vegan food, a gorgeous old estate with cool gardens that's fun to explore (this place), etc. Plus it's really pretty! Oh, and if you're here on the 4th of July that's a really fun day on the island (parade, street fair) and there's a park where you can watch the local fireworks and the big Seattle show. I'm sad I'm going to miss it this year.

I would say definitely spend some time in neighborhoods you might be considering in Seattle. They all have their own feel and downtown/tourist stuff doesn't give you a good sense of any of that, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm 
Grandfathered In

I think I'll be in Albuquerque when you're here!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

FYI: $6 for $12 of food & drink at Loving Hut - https://www.voicedailydeals.com/deals/- ... x:7454u294

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Can you ride your bike on the bridges that connect Seattle to Bellevue? (or whatever town all the tech companies are)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 pm 
Dead by dawn

There's no bike access on the 520 bridge, but there's supposed to be in the future (they started tolling that bridge recently to pay for a major revamp, but it'll be years out.) There is a bike lane across the I-90 bridge. Microsoft is in Redmond, conveniently (or not...) off of 520. I really don't know where other tech companies are in relation to the two bridges. Anything in downtown Bellevue is going to be accessible from I-90. My boyfriend lives in north Seattle and works in Bellevue; when he commutes by bike he rides around the north end of the lake.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:00 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Pinko,we will meet one day! Nates BFF moved to Seattle recently so even if we don't move there, we will be visiting at least once a year.

I really love where we live, but I am having such a great time learning about Seattle! This is the most excited I have been about visiting somewhere in years!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

littlebear wrote:
Can you ride your bike on the bridges that connect Seattle to Bellevue? (or whatever town all the tech companies are)

There is, however, great bus service all along 520 into Seattle. It's how I got to work when I worked in Redmond.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm coming up this weekend (June 21-26) for Pride - anyone wanna get together?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ok guys, we will be in Seattle starting on Friday and we will leave July 5. If anyone wants to get together, let me know!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 pm 
Dead by dawn

Squeak wrote:

Aw, just saw this and my only free time in that stretch was last night. Hope the rain holds off for the parade tomorrow! Last year it was stellar weather...

littlebear wrote:
Ok guys, we will be in Seattle starting on Friday and we will leave July 5. If anyone wants to get together, let me know!

Can we pull together a lunch or dinner next weekend?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

monkeytoes wrote:
Squeak wrote:

Aw, just saw this and my only free time in that stretch was last night. Hope the rain holds off for the parade tomorrow! Last year it was stellar weather...

littlebear wrote:

Can we pull together a lunch or dinner next weekend?

Yes! I know Sunday we are going to the Ballard farmers market and meeting up with some folks from our other forum, so maybe Saturday? Nate will be mountain biking so I would love to see some sights or eat or something! I may be hanging out with my friends gf, but she seems pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 am 

I want to meet up! I was going to be gone, but my trip got postponed and I seriously said to myself, "Ooh! Maybe this way I'll get to meet littlebear!" I have a baby shower to go to next Saturday afternoon but I can do pretty much any other time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay! We really don't have anything on the schedule besides that brunch thing. You guys are welcome, I think we are going to something called Hi Life or something? I think it's at 11, although this is still being worked out cause it is a bunch of boys and they are going mountain biking beforehand. Otherwise, I am also free to meet up during the week. We will be staying a few days in Redmond as well. My brothers BFF lives there and recently he and his wife had a baby. I am hoping she will come along with me to meet ups, they are new to the area and she doesn't really know anyone.

Anyway, what I am saying is, let me know what works for you guys and we can make it work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 pm 
Grandfathered In

Rats!

I'll be on Newmexicoventure 2012!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

littlebear wrote:
Yay! We really don't have anything on the schedule besides that brunch thing. You guys are welcome, I think we are going to something called Hi Life or something? I think it's at 11, although this is still being worked out cause it is a bunch of boys and they are going mountain biking beforehand. Otherwise, I am also free to meet up during the week. We will be staying a few days in Redmond as well. My brothers BFF lives there and recently he and his wife had a baby. I am hoping she will come along with me to meet ups, they are new to the area and she doesn't really know anyone.

Anyway, what I am saying is, let me know what works for you guys and we can make it work!

Hi Life (in Ballard) is super delicious. One of my best friends is a hostess there. It's easy to make stuff vegan, and they're very accommodating.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

We should be arriving in Seattle this afternoon! Call or text me if you guys want to meet up!

Eight won 0 - nine 6 five- For six zero 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm 
Dead by dawn

Pinko wrote:
I want to meet up! I was going to be gone, but my trip got postponed and I seriously said to myself, "Ooh! Maybe this way I'll get to meet littlebear!" I have a baby shower to go to next Saturday afternoon but I can do pretty much any other time.

littlebear wrote:

Dinner tomorrow evening?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dinner sounds good! Where? When? A little early is better for us because Grey usually goes to bed around 7:30-8. Texting or calling is probably the best way to get ahold of me today!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:03 pm 

I'm not sure I can make dinner (this baby shower is out in BFE, so I'd need to get back and then get a ferry), but I can try! And I'd love to do something more baby-centric one day if you are up for it, littlebear. I'll text you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm out for dinner. Bike ride knocked me the eff out and I don't intend to leave the couch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

We ended up having a super late lunch and now the baby is sleeping. Maybe a different day will work!

ETA: if we don't get together on this trip it is looking more and more likely that we may be moving!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:18 am 
Grandfathered In

Like, when?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Nate keeps flip flopping. It's hard to decide to leave the bay area, I kinda want to so its easier for me. If we do it will be before the end of the year. I should stop talking about it u til we make the final decision because I keep getting excited the let down. I really, really want to see snow on all the trees.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:42 pm 
Chip Strong

We're going to be in Seattle Aug 18-23! I'm not sure what our plans are yet but if anyone wants to do something toddler friendly we'd be up for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:58 pm 

Ooh! Me! I do! I love all these PPK babies (and parents!) visiting Seattle lately.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next